Mueller Report Imminent

Sessions got outed for being the gentle congressman from alabubba that everyone liked . He was just biding his time in congress until he retired . Rhinos , Lifers whatever you want to call them . You could tell he was honestly shocked when his Dems buddies turned on him during his congressional hearings. He kept saying y’all know me , I served with you for years .

He had no grit. A pathetic example of the swamp.

Mine actually have turntables and listen to records. One in particular wants most of my records ... my parent's 78s not so much.

I miss the days of pushing the arm over to the edge of the record and lowering it down. Hear the scratch for several seconds and then music. I'm getting old and I miss the days of my youth.

I miss the days of pushing the arm over to the edge of the record and lowering it down. Hear the scratch for several seconds and then music. I'm getting old and I miss the days of my youth.
Character Scratches

Reactions: AM64
Analog>digital with clean album

That's actually the hold up in turning over my records. I haven't gotten around to digitizing them ... procrastination like with all my slides. I've also got a lot of reel-to-reel tapes to do. I've got the set up working. Pro-Ject turntable with Denon MC cartridge through a Pro-Ject preamp to a Xonar Essence sound card with the old Cool Edit Pro software (before Adobe bought and trashed it). I need to get on it before MS does something real dumb and the SW or sound card quit working. I did my parent's 78s for them years ago and put them on CD; those came out amazingly well. I didn't go that far, but you can actually get a stylus with a smaller width so it rides in a mostly unused part of the record groove.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Yep! I need to dig out one of my old records and look at it. I actually need to to just buy another turntable and listen to these old records one more time.

I like the Pro-Ject turntables. Very straight forward doesn't even return the arm at the end of the record, but you'll probably be surprised at the price for any new turntable ... they aren't cheap. The Pro-Ject stuff is great quality; you could use the preamp as a hammer or a paperweight in a hurricane.

That's actually the hold up in turning over my records. I haven't gotten around to digitizing them ... procrastination like with all my slides. I've also got a lot of reel-to-reel tapes to do. I've got the set up working. Pro-Ject turntable with Denon MC cartridge through a Pro-Ject preamp to a Xonar Essence sound card with the old Cool Edit Pro software (before Adobe bought and trashed it). I need to get on it before MS does something real dumb and the SW or sound card quit working. I did my parent's 78s for them years ago and put them on CD; those came out amazingly well. I didn't go that far, but you can actually get a stylus with a smaller width so it rides in a mostly unused part of the record groove.
I haven't seen a reel to reel tape since my father came back from Vietnam. You must be old like me.

I haven't seen a reel to reel tape since my father came back from Vietnam. You must be old like me.

I may be older. I bought my reel-to-reel recorder in 1968 when I was stationed on Okinawa. I was Army, but the Marines had a great hobby shop at Futenma - just up the hill from where I lived. I got all my stereo equipment there. They had a recording studio and had guys to record tapes for you, so I have several albums on tape that I don't have on vinyl.

I may be older. I bought my reel-to-reel recorder in 1968 when I was stationed on Okinawa. I was Army, but the Marines had a great hobby shop at Futenma - just up the hill from where I lived. I got all my stereo equipment there. They had a recording studio and had guys to record tapes for you, so I have several albums on tape that I don't have on vinyl.
Yep you have a few years on me, good to know your background.

Older than me , 68 was a good year lol
Edit : where were you around Aprilish - Mayish of 67? Asking for a friend 👀
Edit 2.0- Daddy ?

Last edited:
Or if it’s that obvious, would his conclusion add anything of substance...?

He’s going to testify, apparently, so hopefully we will get some clear answers. I need to read that section again after watching Barr, but I read somewhere that Mueller didn’t think it was his call to make, that it was a question for congress, but I don’t remember that from the report.

I think Trump is pushing for impeachment. Having the Senate exonerate him would be a big win that would make this go away.

that was the immediate talking point - that Mueller specifically left it to Congress. From the report that is not clear.

Got some old farts on here... no doubt about it.

Yep, and I hate to tell you, but we kinda keep getting more and more opinionated as we go. But one thing I'm really waiting on is football season; it really feels like things are back on track, but the damage will take a while to undo.

Funny story about football. We were in Johannesburg, S Africa a few weeks ago ... stayed there overnight to prepare for the sixteen hour flight back to Atlanta ... we'd been "on safari" (not quite like the old days) at several places in southern Africa. We were storing bags until time to leave, and the concierge (a guy with an Indian name) asked if anybody was from MI. We said no - TN and SC, and he immediately went into SEC football - the guy knew coaches and history probably better than a lot of SEC fans. As we were getting ready to leave, he was telling me TN was on the way back, but it would take a while. That was one interesting discussion in one of those out of the way places.

Yep, and I hate to tell you, but we kinda keep getting more and more opinionated as we go. But one thing I'm really waiting on is football season; it really feels like things are back on track, but the damage will take a while to undo.

Funny story about football. We were in Johannesburg, S Africa a few weeks ago ... stayed there overnight to prepare for the sixteen hour flight back to Atlanta ... we'd been "on safari" (not quite like the old days) at several places in southern Africa. We were storing bags until time to leave, and the concierge (a guy with an Indian name) asked if anybody was from MI. We said no - TN and SC, and he immediately went into SEC football - the guy knew coaches and history probably better than a lot of SEC fans. As we were getting ready to leave, he was telling me TN was on the way back, but it would take a while. That was one interesting discussion in one of those out of the way places.

That’s awesome , photo safari ?

Tell your another reason to digitize...Not sure if it is industry wide but have you noticed that a lot of old albums are being remastered and the originals are no longer available? Eight out of Ten the remaster is not as good as the original and the older vinyl or tape will not last forever.

I am with Volstrom...something about opening that new record from the sleeve, the careful handling, and the "anticipation of the needle",,,crack, crack. That sounds like an Ozzy lyric on Hand of Doom..lol

Older than me , 68 was a good year lol
Edit : where were you around Aprilish - Mayish of 67? Asking for a friend 👀
Edit 2.0- Daddy ?

In April 67 the biggest change for me was getting off the bus at the Fort Benning induction center. It was a completely foreign world ... people yelling at you ... running you here and there ... and strangest of all "Somebody to Love" was blaring from a sound system.

Tell your another reason to digitize...Not sure if it is industry wide but have you noticed that a lot of old albums are being remastered and the originals are no longer available? Eight out of Ten the remaster is not as good as the original and the older vinyl or tape will not last forever.

I am with Volstrom...something about opening that new record from the sleeve, the careful handling, and the "anticipation of the needle",,,crack, crack. That sounds like an Ozzy lyric on Hand of Doom..lol

I agree. I've been very careful with my records, and most haven't been played in some time. I have lost a lot of my high frequency hearing and have bad tinnitus, so that really puts a big dent in music these days. Hearing aids do help, but it's a long way from the old days.

VN Store

Back