Mueller Report Imminent

Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham sent a letter to special counsel Robert Mueller on Friday asking whether Mueller felt Attorney General William Barr misrepresented their phone conversation in his Senate testimony this week.

Seems reasonable. Straight from the horse's mouth. It's still a he said she said kinda argument though. Possibly next day remorse after realizing Barr didn't play the open ended game.

If you want to stretch back the whole Benghazi investigation, it was the result of wanting to pin something on Hillary, even though congress knew full and well what the secret mission in Benghazi was. To aid a faction at a black ops site where interrogations were probably being conducted. Not sending in the calvary was her crime.
Her crime was existing. Even if she had reacted exactly like the Right would have wanted, they would change their stance to oppose her. The Hillary hatred is intense and real, even among some on the Left. I heard on David Pakman today that 10-12% of Bernie supporters in 2016 voted for Trump out of spite. Crazy.

Her crime was existing. Even if she had reacted exactly like the Right would have wanted, they would change their stance to oppose her. The Hillary hatred is intense and real, even among some on the Left. I heard on David Pakman today that 10-12% of Bernie supporters in 2016 voted for Trump out of spite. Crazy.

Zep, dude, there’s a real reason other than her “just existing”. Horrible candidate, deceitful as hell and doesn’t have an honest bone in her body. Obama, disagree on policy, but could easily sit and have a beer with him. I’d sit and have one with Bernie for a good laugh. But I wouldn’t be caught dead around Hillary (unless she scheduled my suicide) much less be in the same room with her. There’s a reason a lot of people turned their back on her.

Zep, dude, there’s a real reason other than her “just existing”. Horrible candidate, deceitful as hell and doesn’t have an honest bone in her body. Obama, disagree on policy, but could easily sit and have a beer with him. I’d sit and have one with Bernie for a good laugh. But I wouldn’t be caught dead around Hillary (unless she scheduled my suicide) much less be in the same room with her. There’s a reason a lot of people turned their back on her.

You’ll most certainly be picking up that tab.

Not for me. Her Benghazi "crime" was threefold: 1) managerial incompetence - pleas for help were ignored, mounting evidence of major unrest was ignored, the significance of a 9/11 anniversary were ignored; 2) perpetuating the ridiculous company line that it was a spontaneous uprising (it was not) caused by a YouTube video (it was not), 3) taking zero responsibility for poor decision making while saying "I take complete responsibility". The pleas for help? "I never saw them". She admitted no mistakes but continued to say "I take complete responsibility" - clearly she doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

Plenty of reasons to dislike her but suggesting she did nothing wrong with regard to Benghazi and attributing all criticism to right wing hatred is completely ignoring history. She F'd up pretty spectacularly and portrayed herself as the victim.

I don't see her being any different from any other politician honestly. The Right have focused their hate on her for decades for [insert reason here]. Now it seems that is transitioning to AOC.
The only politicians I can think of that I wouldn't have a beer with are Trump, Pence, and McConnell. Bush and Obama seem like the best candidates, they both can be hilariously sarcastic smart asses.

I don't see her being any different from any other politician honestly. The Right have focused their hate on her for decades for [insert reason here]. Now it seems that is transitioning to AOC.
The only politicians I can think of that I wouldn't have a beer with are Trump, Pence, and McConnell. Bush and Obama seem like the best candidates, they both can be hilariously sarcastic smart asses.

You’re right, because neither Trump nor Pence drink alcohol. 😁
McConnell, eh, no interest.

Not for me. Her Benghazi "crime" was threefold: 1) managerial incompetence - pleas for help were ignored, mounting evidence of major unrest was ignored, the significance of a 9/11 anniversary were ignored; 2) perpetuating the ridiculous company line that it was a spontaneous uprising (it was not) caused by a YouTube video (it was not), 3) taking zero responsibility for poor decision making while saying "I take complete responsibility". The pleas for help? "I never saw them". She admitted no mistakes but continued to say "I take complete responsibility" - clearly she doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

Plenty of reasons to dislike her but suggesting she did nothing wrong with regard to Benghazi and attributing all criticism to right wing hatred is completely ignoring history. She F'd up pretty spectacularly and portrayed herself as the victim.
We aren't going to agree on the Benghazi situation. She's had 40-ish years in politics, I understand there will be plenty to criticize her about (not campaigning in Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania comes to mind as a colossal mistake imo), but it seems the Right tried to bring her down from the start.

You’re right, because neither Trump nor Pence drink alcohol. 😁
McConnell, eh, no interest.
It is probably a good thing they don't drink. Trump would nuke someone for hurting his feelings and Pence would probably commit some hate crimes. Even beer wouldn't make McConnell likable, that dude just comes across as a prick.

It is probably a good thing they don't drink. Trump would nuke someone for hurting his feelings and Pence would probably commit some hate crimes. Even beer wouldn't make McConnell likable, that dude just comes across as a prick.

You’re wrong on Pence. He’s a modern day Jimmy Carter. You may not like him and/or agree with his politics but from what I can tell he seems to be a man of honor.

The knock on Pence is that he would not have dinner with another woman without his wife present out of respect for his wife.......how awful.
I wish he was a Democrat then I might have some hope.

Agreed on the other too.

You’re wrong on Pence. He’s a modern day Jimmy Carter. You may not like him and/or agree with his politics but from what I can tell he seems to be a man of honor.

The knock on Pence is that he would not have dinner with another woman without his wife present out of respect for his wife.......how awful.
I wish he was a Democrat then I might have some hope.

Agreed on the other too.
That is very gallant and respectful regarding his wife and other lady. That isn't remotely one of my main issues with Pence.
Pence is about as far from a Democrat as you can get. I mean even ignoring his social policies/beliefs, he doesn't really fit the mold for even a centrist Dem given what he has supported on tax and spending policy with Lord Red Hat.

That is very gallant and respectful regarding his wife and other lady. That isn't remotely one of my main issues with Pence.
Pence is about as far from a Democrat as you can get. I mean even ignoring his social policies/beliefs, he doesn't really fit the mold for even a centrist Dem given what he has supported on tax and spending policy with Lord Red Hat.

Tax and spending isn’t a republican problem.
It’s a political problem. Neither party is concerned with fiscal responsibility. And neither has ever heard of a budget. Bush spent more than Clinton. Obama spent more than Bush. Now it’s trumps turn.

Reactions: 1972 Grad and AM64
Tax and spending isn’t a republican problem.
It’s a political problem. Neither party is concerned with fiscal responsibility. And neither has ever heard of a budget. Bush spent more than Clinton. Obama spent more than Bush. Now it’s trumps turn.
Trump is definitely running up the tab with record-breaking deficits before he bails out in 2020 or 2024, depending. Now that I think about it, I guess what I should have said is that Pence is far from even a conservative Democrat considering how he would allocate funding for programs, not to mention the social issues. Aside from Trump and McConnell, he is probably the worst politician roaming DC at the moment imo.

Because they are smart enough to know that impeachment largely hinges on public perception, which Trump and Barr also obviously know which is why Barr's handling of the release is such an issue.
What if Barr had come out and said there is clear evidence of collusion and obstruction. Would you have a problem with Barr then? I guarantee the Democrats in Congress and mainstream media would not. How about you?

I have to agree with Orangeslice on the tax and spend issue. It's pretty much like mutually assured destruction at this point. Fiscal conservatives cannot get elected without bringing home the bacon, so there is no longer any fiscal conservatism. The flaw in democracies was people directly voting to empty the treasury; once the the liberals started doling out the treasury and people caught on, it was all over but the shouting. The only hope (and it's a very slim one) is congressional term limits.

VN Store

Back