Mueller Report Imminent

Not one vote was changed, move on
That's not really the point and "moving on" is the last thing we should do. Preventive measures should be taken to make sure this doesn't happen again, when vote counts could be changed. Trump wants to bury his head in the sand over Russian meddling because he thinks it de-legitimizes his victory (or perhaps the 'impressiveness' or 'magnitude' of his victory). Trump's response to the conclusions of Russian meddling has always been to deny it happened, take Putin's word that it didn't happen or to simply ignore the question and act like it is not important. That is not leadership. That is an egotistical person more concerned with the perception of his personal victory than he is in protecting our electoral process from intrusion.

...and yes, Obama should have done much more (Hell, anything at all?) in 2016 in response to Russia's meddling. His leadership was incredibly weak and ineffective as well.

That's not really the point and "moving on" is the last thing we should do. Preventive measures should be taken to make sure this doesn't happen again, when vote counts could be changed. Trump wants to bury his head in the sand over Russian meddling because he thinks it de-legitimizes his victory (or perhaps the 'impressiveness' or 'magnitude' of his victory). Trump's response to the conclusions of Russian meddling has always been to deny it happened, take Putin's word that it didn't happen or to simply ignore the question and act like it is not important. That is not leadership. That is an egotistical person more concerned with the perception of his personal victory than he is in protecting our electoral process from intrusion.

...and yes, Obama should have done much more (Hell, anything at all?) in 2016 in response to Russia's meddling. His leadership was incredibly weak and ineffective as well.

It’s shuffle don’t have your ****ing voting machines hooked up to the Internet while people are casting their ballot/ end of story

Reactions: tennvols77

Hundred grand in Facebook ads are not what I consider real interference, those weren’t Russians sitting at all those trump rallies dude those are real Americans

Hundred grand in Facebook ads are not what I consider real interference, those weren’t Russians sitting at all those trump rallies dude those are real Americans
...and obviously, the Russian interference into the 2016 election was considerably more involved than Facebook ads.

...and yes, Obama should have done much more (Hell, anything at all?) in 2016 in response to Russia's meddling. His leadership Presidency was incredibly weak and ineffective as well.

I might add a complete fraud and crime spree but that's close.[/QUOTE]
Like any good referee, just call it both ways...

...and obviously, the Russian interference into the 2016 election was considerably more involved than Facebook ads.

Look, the bottom line is no votes were changed and in the end isn’t that what really matters? I guarantee there are appropriate steps being taken in order to prevent any Russian hacking unlike Obama’s feckless response .

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Look, the bottom line is no votes were changed and in the end isn’t that what really matters? I guarantee there are appropriate steps being taken in order to prevent any Russian hacking unlike Obama’s feckless response .
I would assume this is true... but it's not very assuring that Trump (supposedly) had an hour long phone call with Putin recently and the subject was never even mentioned. If the necessary steps have been taken to combat such interference in the future, the directives probably didn't come from Trump. Trump has made it clear that he 1) doesn't want to believe it happened 2) and when forced to admit it did happen, doesn't want to talk about it... all because of his own ego.

I would assume this is true... but it's not very assuring that Trump (supposedly) had an hour long phone call with Putin recently and the subject was never even mentioned. If the necessary steps have been taken to combat such interference in the future, the directives probably didn't come from Trump. Trump has made it clear that he 1) doesn't want to believe it happened 2) and when forced to admit it did happen, doesn't want to talk about it... all because of his own ego.
Did you listen in on the conversation between Trump and Putin?

Hey, Obama told Putin to knock it off. That should suffice . Neither one of us know what was really said and if he had brought it up do you think it’s gonna do any ****ing good?

Did you listen in on the conversation between Trump and Putin?
Trump said it wasn't mentioned and that is consistent with the attitude he has shown on the matter in the past.... You can see as well as I can that Trump doesn't want to believe that Russia meddled and he hates talking about it. Every indication is that Trump sees this as a challenge to the legitimacy of his victory - and the guy is pure ego.

Trump said it wasn't mentioned and that is consistent with the attitude he has shown on the matter in the past.... You can see as well as I can that Trump doesn't want to believe that Russia meddled and he hates talking about it. Every indication is that Trump sees this as a challenge to the legitimacy of his victory - and the guy is pure ego.
How can you believe anything he says?

How can you believe anything he says?
I go off of what is consistent with both his past words and actions... It is easy to believe that Trump and Putin had an hour long phone call without Russia's meddling being discussed because it is consistent with Trump's answers to questions over Russian meddling when they were together at the Helsinki summit last July. Trump also becomes very defensive whenever the subject of Russian meddling is brought up. He hates talking about it.

I go off of what is consistent with both his past words and actions... It is easy to believe that Trump and Putin had an hour long phone call without Russia's meddling being discussed because it is consistent with Trump's answers to questions over Russian meddling when they were together at the Helsinki summit last July. Trump also becomes very defensive whenever the subject of Russian meddling is brought up. He hates talking about.

Do you honestly think Trump divulges everything he discusses with foreign leaders? Lmao

I go off of what is consistent with both his past words and actions... It is easy to believe that Trump and Putin had an hour long phone call without Russia's meddling being discussed because it is consistent with Trump's answers to questions over Russian meddling when they were together at the Helsinki summit last July. Trump also becomes very defensive whenever the subject of Russian meddling is brought up. He hates talking about it.
Would it make you happy if he nuked Moscow or Leningrad or somewhere?

Would it make you happy if he nuked Moscow or Leningrad or somewhere?
Why do you always default to an extreme consequence? 1) Impose stiff sanctions. 2) Let it be known publicly that you hold Russia accountable for meddling in the 2016 election. 3) Let it be publicly known that any such intrusion into the 2020 election will also be dealt with stiff sanctions imposed. Trump has dragged his feet with all 3 of these steps... especially the easiest one to take (#2).

Why do you always default to an extreme consequence? 1) Impose stiff sanctions. 2) Let it be known publicly that you hold Russia accountable for meddling in the 2016 election. 3) Let it be publicly known that any such intrusion into the 2020 election will also be dealt with stiff sanctions imposed. Trump has dragged his feet with all 3 of these steps... especially the easiest one to take (#2).
I don't think there is much than can be done. We meddle in elections, too.

Reactions: FLVOL69

He’s done all three so Moscow or Vladivostok ?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I always hated the word “meddling”. And somehow that became the go to phrase to describe the attempted Russian interference.

VN Store

Back