Nashville School Shooting

It has since come out there were in fact armed teachers at the school, they just weren't willing to run toward the gunfire. Reason number 248 that isn't a good solution. Teachers should not be expected to kill terrorists AND teach children for 45k a year.

How do you know that the armed teachers didn't dissuade her from coming into their classrooms?

I cannot grasp how families deal with these kind of tragedies. How can anyone purposefully go out and hurt little children? I was recently looking at a local private school for kids and found that last year police arrested a guy with a military background that had called the school threatening violence there (his statements show he is clearly crazy). This world is a dark and broken place.
Because evil walks the earth everyday and Satan scores little victories over God and the good of man like these shootings. It’s sickening and disturbing everytime it happens. Prayers to the victims and families.

How do you know that the armed teachers didn't dissuade her from coming into their classrooms?
I don't. What I do know is 6 people were killed and she was taken out by police, even though there were armed teachers in the building. That's really all the evidence you need that arming teachers isn't the answer.

I don't. What I do know is 6 people were killed and she was taken out by police, even though there were armed teachers in the building. That's really all the evidence you need that arming teachers isn't the answer.

No it's not. An armed teacher might have prevented her from killing 10-15-20 kids, we'll never know. The purpose of being armed isn't t go out and hunt down the attacker but to defend yourself and your charges. If 1 teacher brandished a weapon and it kept her from entering that classroom that teacher did everything that should be expected.

No it's not. An armed teacher might have prevented her from killing 10-15-20 kids, we'll never know. The purpose of being armed isn't t go out and hunt down the attacker but to defend yourself and your charges. If 1 teacher brandished a weapon and it kept her from entering that classroom that teacher did everything that should be expected.
So you think an armed teacher saw her and didn't shoot her? Doesn't make sense.

I have no idea. Girl could have looked in the room and saw a gun and turned away, teacher might not have had a clear shot or it might not have had a bearing what so ever, who knows? In no way can you say this proves an armed teacher is not a good solution.

Just my opinion, but that's very possible. Most people never want to have to shoot anyone, unless it's absolutely necessary. Then you have people like me, who would've shot her, set her on fire, and waited for the police 😁. I wouldn't want to, but if given the chance to with someone killing kids, I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep.

“Just arm the teachers” is one of the dumbest and laziest potential solutions offered to any problem ever.

Setting aside all of the other reasons why it’s a ludicrous idea, one inescapable reality is that an already tapped workforce would half overnight.

“Just arm the teachers” is one of the dumbest and laziest potential solutions offered to any problem ever.

Setting aside all of the other reasons why it’s a ludicrous idea, one inescapable reality is that an already tapped workforce would half overnight.

I don't think anyone is proposing that we force teachers to be armed, just those that choose to be be allowed.

Just my opinion, but that's very possible. Most people never want to have to shoot anyone, unless it's absolutely necessary. Then you have people like me, who would've shot her, set her on fire, and waited for the police 😁. I wouldn't want to, but if given the chance to with someone killing kids, I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep.

Same here brother, same here.

Just treat the schools like a variation of the airplanes. The pilots, flight attendants, or a Sky Marshall, may be packing if you attempt a hijack.

Teachers don't have to carry gun, even though there are many who are willing to do that. There are many staff members associated with every school. I.T. people, custodians, principals, kitchen staff. A cook named Steve Siegal wiped out 30 terrorists on a submarine.

Once these nut jobs realize that schools aren't soft targets, they will move on to easier scenarios.

Exactly, teachers aren't ment to play Rambo. If a teacher chooses to be armed then they are a last line of defense for their room/ kids. We'll never know what happened, but a teacher may have warned her "don't come in here, I have a gun" or she might have seen the teacher with the gun and moved on without giving the teacher a clear shot.

Just treat the schools like a variation of the airplanes. The pilots, flight attendants, or a Sky Marshall, may be packing if you attempt a hijack.

Teachers don't have to carry gun, even though there are many who are willing to do that. There are many staff members associated with every school. I.T. people, custodians, principals, kitchen staff. A cook named Steve Siegal wiped out 30 terrorists on a submarine.

Once these nut jobs realize that schools aren't soft targets, they will move on to easier scenarios.
I'm beyond thankful that our schools in our Georgia county have officers. They're there all day, and very well trained. That doesn't mean something couldn't happen, but I feel better they're there.

Exactly. She chose the school over the other location she considered for that fact.

Reactions: tbh and Jax_Vol
Because evil walks the earth everyday and Satan scores little victories over God and the good of man like these shootings. It’s sickening and disturbing everytime it happens. Prayers to the victims and families.

I wonder who told the families of the murdered children it was a "little victory" for Satan?

Because we would have heard as much if that happened. It didn't.

Pretending that you are doing something about mass shootings and the regular murder of students by voting to give guns to teachers is stupid, disgraceful and the very opposite of what those fools in the legislature should be doing. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Not only do they refuse to admit the obvious--that guns are a major problem and that assault rifles should be banned--they apparently want to make the problem worse by giving more guns to more people.

Oh, my: There are a lot of sick people in southern state legislators---which have also, let's not, made it legal to roam around with a gun without a permit now---a grossly irresponsible and disgraceful move that EVERYONE except cowardly Republican politicians knows will make these states more dangerous, not less. Ask law-enforcement officials with they think of permit-less carry. It's reckless and stupid. In Florida, /large majorities/ of the people oppose permit-less carry--but GOP politicians don't care what people think. They care about keeping their cushy jobs. Ultimately, when people in these states get tired of seeing kids shot and killed in schools, they've vote these disgraceful fools out of office. The idea is to build a more civilized society--not a less civilized one.

Because we would have heard as much if that happened. It didn't.

Pretending that you are doing something about mass shootings and the regular murder of students by voting to give guns to teachers is stupid, disgraceful and the very opposite of what those fools in the legislature should be doing. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Not only do they refuse to admit the obvious--that guns are a major problem and that assault rifles should be banned--they apparently want to make the problem worse by giving more guns to more people.

Oh, my: There are a lot of sick people in southern state legislators---which have also, let's not, made it legal to roam around with a gun without a permit now---a grossly irresponsible and disgraceful move that EVERYONE except cowardly Republican politicians knows will make these states more dangerous, not less. Ask law-enforcement officials with they think of permit-less carry. It's reckless and stupid. In Florida, /large majorities/ of the people oppose permit-less carry--but GOP politicians don't care what people think. They care about keeping their cushy jobs. Ultimately, when people in these states get tired of seeing kids shot and killed in schools, they've vote these disgraceful fools out of office. The idea is to build a more civilized society--not a less civilized one.

LOL

It’s all this drivel deserves.

Reactions: YankeeVol and jp1

Please. Turning schools into armed fortresses doesn't solve the problem, does it? Yea, really intelligent: Let's give more guns to more people---in schools and everywhere else, since mass shootings happen everywhere nowadays--so that we can protect ourselves from all the maladjusted people walking around America with guns! Yea, makes total sense.

This is conservative thinking: "Well, Harriet, we've got so much gun violence now that I'm going to build a concrete bunker in front of our house and put a machine gun in there. That'll show them." Guns are the problem. The idea is to build a //more civilized// society--not a less civilized society. A society that doesn't have the good sense and responsibility to ban assault rifles is a society that's jumped the shark. Actually, American society hasn't gotten shamefully irresponsible--a large majority of Americans want to ban assault rifles, and they oppose permit-less carry (another incredibly stupid, irresponsible idea)--but GOP politicians do not care. They not only do not care about public safety, they've passed laws that clearly make American increasingly less safe. Ask law enforcement officials how they feel about permit-less carry. They've said the obvious--it will make states more dangerous--which is obvious. I used to live in Japan. There is no gun violence in Japan--none, zero--because there are no guns in Japan.

"....they'll move on to easier scenarios." Like what--a shopping mall? A college--oh, wait, there have been many mass shootings at colleges. City council meetings? Neighborhood block parties? Let's put people with guns all over America to protect us from all the people all over America with guns. Yep--wise thinking. Oh, my....

Please. Turning schools into armed fortresses doesn't solve the problem, does it? Yea, really intelligent: Let's give more guns to more people---in schools and everywhere else, since mass shootings happen everywhere nowadays--so that we can protect ourselves from all the maladjusted people walking around America with guns! Yea, makes total sense.

This is conservative thinking: "Well, Harriet, we've got so much gun violence now that I'm going to build a concrete bunker in front of our house and put a machine gun in there. That'll show them." Guns are the problem. The idea is to build a //more civilized// society--not a less civilized society. A society that doesn't have the good sense and responsibility to ban assault rifles is a society that's jumped the shark. Actually, American society hasn't gotten shamefully irresponsible--a large majority of Americans want to ban assault rifles, and they oppose permit-less carry (another incredibly stupid, irresponsible idea)--but GOP politicians do not care. They not only do not care about public safety, they've passed laws that clearly make American increasingly less safe. Ask law enforcement officials how they feel about permit-less carry. They've said the obvious--it will make states more dangerous--which is obvious. I used to live in Japan. There is no gun violence in Japan--none, zero--because there are no guns in Japan.

I am all for banning AR's. I am also all for the Vols football winning national championships in football, basketball (both teams}, softball, baseball, tennis and golf.

But, while we work on those goals, give guns to more people in the school system. Or, pay to have a snipers revolving on roofs. A drone over school border. Cameras everywhere. Fortify the schools. Same as air marshalls...there doesn't have to be one there every time. Just the threat of it, will send these sicko's on to other public places away from the children.

I don't need a concrete bunker. If you shoot out a door window and enter my house, I will drop you in the threshold.

"....they'll move on to easier scenarios." Like what--a shopping mall? A college--oh, wait, there have been many mass shootings at colleges. City council meetings? Neighborhood block parties? Let's put people with guns all over America to protect us from all the people all over America with guns. Yep--wise thinking. Oh, my....

Why do you hate little defenseless children?

I agree with most of what you're saying. Just a heads up though you aren't going to be very popular here, and probably just stay far away from the politics board.

I am all for banning AR's. I am also all for the Vols football winning national championships in football, basketball (both teams}, softball, baseball, tennis and golf.

But, while we work on those goals, give guns to more people in the school system. Or, pay to have a snipers revolving on roofs. A drone over school border. Cameras everywhere. Fortify the schools. Same as air marshalls...there doesn't have to be one there every time. Just the threat of it, will send these sicko's on to other public places away from the children.

I don't need a concrete bunker. If you shoot out a door window and enter my house, I will drop you in the threshold.

yes, just the type of paranoid thinking that's part of the problem.

I had a friend who used to deliver packages for the U.S. Post Office in a rural area. Over the holidays, there were so many packages that
he and the carriers were expected to deliver parcels well into the night. He wouldn't do it because it's pitch black at night in rural America and he
feared getting shot. Who could blame him?

yes, just the type of paranoid thinking that's part of the problem.

I had a friend who used to deliver packages for the U.S. Post Office in a rural area. Over the holidays, there were so many packages that
he and the carriers were expected to deliver parcels well into the night. He wouldn't do it because it's pitch black at night in rural America and he
feared getting shot. Who could blame him?

Indeed. Such well founded fears. Just look at all those examples of postal workers shot in rural America every year delivering packages. Maybe your friend was just lazy.

Reactions: EasternVol

There is also a lot of other different chit in Japan too that I see as problems in our society. I bet you will vote to ban that stuff too.

VN Store

Back