Nashville School Shooting

Don't be ridiculous. An assault rifle is a very dangerous weapon and to suggest that it wouldn't help curtain mass shootings is complete and utter nonsense. We're tired of hearing this "Gee, we really don't think there's anything to be done about it." Assault rifles were banned for a decade or so--and mass shootings went way down. They quite obviously should be banned. The notion that we should give more guns to more people to protect ourselves from all the fools roaming around with guns now is embarrassingly stupid.

The gun crowd likes to blather about how self-defense is important. Really? Then let's ban assault rifles AND handguns. If we did that, America would be IMMENSELY safer--but the gun crowd wouldn't go for it and pretend otherwise. "Uh, but what about knives; uh, but what about heavy pillows; uh, but what about metal chairs." There are a lot of seriously misguided and pathetic politicians in this country. Actually, they are the problem and so are the people they represent. When enough red-state kids get killed, the people and their pathetic political representatives might decide to stop showing the world what a backward country we've become.

One had to chuckle at the GOP legislature, which kicked out the two black members but not the white member. Classic! The 1950s are alive and well. There was no reason to expel the two members, obviously. But the Republicans were embarrassed and humiliated--as well they should be--by protest by the young people, and so like the lowlifes they are, had to lash out at those members who were rightly on the side of the kids and public safety.
You do realize that more people are killed every year by a knife than an assault rifle? More people are killed each year by baseball bats and hammers than assault rifles. Banning something doesn't prevent bad people from doing bad things. I'm pretty sure there has been a ban on murder for quite a long time. And that's ultimately what we are trying to prevent, right?

Reactions: joevol33
You do realize that more people are killed every year by a knife than an assault rifle? More people are killed each year by baseball bats and hammers than assault rifles. Banning something doesn't prevent bad people from doing bad things. I'm pretty sure there has been a ban on murder for quite a long time. And that's ultimately what we are trying to prevent, right?

Link?

Nonsense. Remind me again how these kids--and everybody is--is being killed? Oh, now I remember: They're being shot...with assault rifles. Your suggestion that a black market for assault rifles would make them more easily available than they are now--when anyone can buy one in a store--is utter nonsense. The gun crazies are quite well-practiced at spewing excuses for doing nothing. We've become a very backward country because we have a lot of backward people. The idea is for people and nations to become more advanced and civilized as time goes on. The U.S. is going in the opposite direction--mostly because we have a minority of politicians who pay no attention to what the majority wants or advocates. It's 2023. You're a "law-abiding gun owner," are you? So was the Las Vegas shooter. So was the individual who killed the kids in the Nashville school...until....

Ok, have it your way...lets talk about doing the impossible until the next shooting.

So 10k by gun and 3k by knife.

Unless we are arming to fight an army, still don't see the reason why we need Armalite rifle AR-15 type of weapons.
I think that if someone wants and has a right to own a gun, it's not me to tell them what they should buy. I own a truck and a minivan instead of a Corvette. I don't see a reason to own a car that does 180 when the speed limit is 70. But that's just me. Although if someone wanted to donate a vette to me, a '53 would be nice.

Don't be ridiculous. An assault rifle is a very dangerous weapon and to suggest that it wouldn't help curtain mass shootings is complete and utter nonsense. We're tired of hearing this "Gee, we really don't think there's anything to be done about it." Assault rifles were banned for a decade or so--and mass shootings went way down. They quite obviously should be banned. The notion that we should give more guns to more people to protect ourselves from all the fools roaming around with guns now is embarrassingly stupid.

The gun crowd likes to blather about how self-defense is important. Really? Then let's ban assault rifles AND handguns. If we did that, America would be IMMENSELY safer--but the gun crowd wouldn't go for it and pretend otherwise. "Uh, but what about knives; uh, but what about heavy pillows; uh, but what about metal chairs." There are a lot of seriously misguided and pathetic politicians in this country. Actually, they are the problem and so are the people they represent. When enough red-state kids get killed, the people and their pathetic political representatives might decide to stop showing the world what a backward country we've become.

One had to chuckle at the GOP legislature, which kicked out the two black members but not the white member. Classic! The 1950s are alive and well. There was no reason to expel the two members, obviously. But the Republicans were embarrassed and humiliated--as well they should be--by protest by the young people, and so like the lowlifes they are, had to lash out at those members who were rightly on the side of the kids and public safety.

You don't know what you're talking about, this is part of the problem. The only viable solution at the moment is immediate protection for the kids. Get the job done with certainty.

Reactions: Big Orange Rob
I think that if someone wants and has a right to own a gun, it's not me to tell them what they should buy. I own a truck and a minivan instead of a Corvette. I don't see a reason to own a car that does 180 when the speed limit is 70. But that's just me. Although if someone wanted to donate a vette to me, a '53 would be nice.

Why can't anyone ever simply answer this question?

Why do people need an Armalite rifle AR-15?

How many fully automatic capable rifles have been used in mass shootings?

Nonsense. Remind me again how these kids--and everybody is--is being killed? Oh, now I remember: They're being shot...with assault rifles. Your suggestion that a black market for assault rifles would make them more easily available than they are now--when anyone can buy one in a store--is utter nonsense. The gun crazies are quite well-practiced at spewing excuses for doing nothing. We've become a very backward country because we have a lot of backward people. The idea is for people and nations to become more advanced and civilized as time goes on. The U.S. is going in the opposite direction--mostly because we have a minority of politicians who pay no attention to what the majority wants or advocates. It's 2023. You're a "law-abiding gun owner," are you? So was the Las Vegas shooter. So was the individual who killed the kids in the Nashville school...until....

You are incorrect and you need to do so research instead of posting complete falsehoods.

Why do people continue to think gun control is going to work?

Ask yourself this:

When’s the last time someone went into a gun store and started shouting.
I’ve seen plenty of shouting in gun stores. Usually followed by laughs

Reactions: feathersax
Target shooting, home defence, varmints.

Thank you! At last, an honest answer.

Surely we can accomplish those three tasks with least firepower. Over the years, I have target practiced with a .22 rifle. I've shot clay pigeons with shotguns. I defend my house with a shotgun. I've killed varmints with .22 and shotguns. In retirements, I would like to add a 9mm handgun for all those uses. I'm good with all the various deer rifles.

I'm certainly no expert, but thinking the founding fathers wanted us to have guns to defend against our own rouge armies. Like women's right to vote, slavery. extra tax on tea, times have changed.

Surely we can accomplish those three tasks with least firepower. Over the years, I have target practiced with a .22 rifle. I've shot clay pigeons with shotguns. I defend my house with a shotgun. I've killed varmints with .22 and shotguns. In retirements, I would like to add a 9mm handgun for all those uses. I'm good with all the various deer rifles.

I'm certainly no expert, but thinking the founding fathers wanted us to have guns to defend against our own rouge armies. Like women's right to vote, slavery. extra tax on tea, times have changed.
Some people like their AR15 and there's nothing evil about what are called assault rifles. Since when do ban things we don't 'need'?

Reactions: tbwhhs

Understand the point you are trying to make, however what if that poster wants to accomplish all those tasks with one firearm?

Reactions: EasternVol
I don't think it's a need as much as a want.

Men who place a lot of importance on owning guns need to broaden their lives. It's the whole faux macho thing--like driving a big truck.
There are a ton of men who drive these ridiculously oversized trucks around--wasting gas, can barely fit in parking spaces--and they're
not hauling loads up a mountain. Trying to show the world how rugged they are....Education is a big part of all this--lack of it. And of course the car
makers has indulged their fantasies by making trucks bigger and bigger over the last 25 years. Many of them are cartoonish in size.

Assault weapons are a problem--a serious problem. Everybody knows it. They've been banned before and they should be banned again--permanently. We have a choice between making the public more safe or continuing to place more importance on indulging the childish sheriff/cowboy-wannabe fantasies of some men. It should be an easy practical decision--but conservatives and GOP politicians choose to be stupid and defiant and people die as a result.

Men who place a lot of importance on owning guns need to broaden their lives. It's the whole faux macho thing--like driving a big truck.
There are a ton of men who drive these ridiculously oversized trucks around--wasting gas, can barely fit in parking spaces--and they're
not hauling loads up a mountain. Trying to show the world how rugged they are....Education is a big part of all this--lack of it. And of course the car
makers has indulged their fantasies by making trucks bigger and bigger over the last 25 years. Many of them are cartoonish in size.

Assault weapons are a problem--a serious problem. Everybody knows it. They've been banned before and they should be banned again--permanently. We have a choice between making the public more safe or continuing to place more importance on indulging the childish sheriff/cowboy-wannabe fantasies of some men. It should be an easy practical decision--but conservatives and GOP politicians choose to be stupid and defiant and people die as a result.

Your responses so far in this thread appear trollish, so I will oblige. How would you compare banning all social media and just media in general, to banning "assault weapons" in our fight to end some of these types of problems.

Is that all you have to do is get online and insult people? I mean, we get it. Men are bad, GOP is bad, trucks are bad, blah, blah, blah. Maybe you should follow your own advice and broaden your life.

Alcohol has killed more people and ruined more lives throughout history than "assault rifles" so alcohol needs to be eliminated since nobody needs it and it reveals a lack of education and intelligence. Get that done and then we will move on to assault weapons.

Reactions: tbwhhs and joevol33

VN Store

Back