Nathan Peterman: The Future

This thread has the potential of being one of those that gets so funny I get tears in my eyes. I am just trying to push it in that direction.

don't forget, we said the same about worley this time last year. he did have a lot going for him also. gatorade national player of the year for one.

^This. So won't get to excited, but I'm very optimistic with Peterman.

When I watched Peterman's film, I was struck by how much he reminded me of Brett Favre in the early and mid-nineties. Big arm that he takes risks with. He will throw a fair few interceptions, but a coach will put with it because of the high number of touchdowns produced. Decent mobility matched with toughness allows him to roll out of the pocket and pick up yards when things break down. The place where I think the comparison breaks down is the mental aspect because I believe good coaching could allow Peterman to play much smarter than Favre did for much of his career. Getting him good coaching will be key, whether it's this staff or another one.

Brett favre? Really?

I've seen the kid play in person. His high school is 10 minutes from my house.

Stop

Brett favre? Really?

I've seen the kid play in person. His high school is 10 minutes from my house.

Stop

Again, early Favre when he was making bad decisions and popping pills. Also, I didn't necessarily compare arm strength, did I? I was comparing the style of play, which is a bit more reckless with the football and capable of taking off when things break down. I could have compared him to Aaron Rodgers and the same would be true, except Rodgers is more careful. Don't assume I'm saying he's the next Favre. Again, playing style, not physical traits or talent level.

Last edited:
The first throw he makes in that video around the 15 second mark is on the money! Looked great there with his pocket awareness. (see what I did there?)

Did you do pocket presents or pocket presence? The first will give you a cheap thrill, the other TDs.

Did you do pocket presents or pocket presence? The first will give you a cheap thrill, the other TDs.

Yeah, you're basically explaining the joke. :) Read on past that post of mine you quoted, and you'll see why I said pocket awareness. :good!:

When I watched Peterman's film, I was struck by how much he reminded me of Brett Favre in the early and mid-nineties. Big arm that he takes risks with. He will throw a fair few interceptions, but a coach will put with it because of the high number of touchdowns produced. Decent mobility matched with toughness allows him to roll out of the pocket and pick up yards when things break down. The place where I think the comparison breaks down is the mental aspect because I believe good coaching could allow Peterman to play much smarter than Favre did for much of his career. Getting him good coaching will be key, whether it's this staff or another one.

I see what you did there.

How can Smith say the Georgia game is "non-winnable" when they struggled to beat us 20-12 last year with Simms at QB?

WE SHALL SEE!

Id like to point out that Bray played most of that game , and Simms actually produced our only TD. Not that Im defending Simms or anything, Im just saying that he wasnt why we lost that one.

On film he actually reminds me quite a bit of Aaron Murray, which I consider to be a good thing. They are physically similar. He's mobile and athletic and appears to have very solid technique in the pocket.

As a redshirt freshman, he will give Worley a serious run for the starting job. Of course, I hope TB stays for his senior year but simultaneously also hope that Bray has such spectacular success this year that he has no choice except to go pro.

Id like to point out that Bray played most of that game , and Simms actually produced our only TD. Not that Im defending Simms or anything, Im just saying that he wasnt why we lost that one.

But Hunter didn't play at all, which limited our passing attack to Rogers in double coverage and Rivera, who had a great game. We struggled in that game for the same reason the whole season was a total disappointment: the running game was impotent.

With a fully loaded receiving corps and an average running attack, we could beat Georgia this year.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back