Nathan Peterman: The Future

My favorite thing about him above his throwing and athletic ability is the dedication he showed to UT throughout the whole recruiting process.

VFL.

Not raining on the parade.

Just finding a comparison to one of the greateat of all time with a once a decade hand cannon to be ridiculous

You've been hanging out here since 09 . How can anything you read here strike you as ridiculous?

Reactions: 1 person
Peterman blew up on the recruiting trail late, he was already committed to TN at that time. He had a big jump in rankings once he started playing his senior year and progressed
Also his coach told everyone he was a Vol, and was shutting down his recruitment. Florida was calling him.

Ok I'll be "that guy": There is no way I see him passing Worley on the depth chart. If that happens then that tells me more about Worley than it does Peterman. That being said, I'm not trying to throw him under the bus. I think the coaching staff is surprised at how quickly he is picking up the schemes and how well his tools have translated to the practice field. But considering the conference we play in (NFL D-League?) and gametime atmosphere I don't take those comments very seriously. I'm focusing more on Bray and how he's going to lead this offense... If Bray gets hurt again then Worley has to be ready. After all, we may only be a year away from this being "his" team.

Last edited:
Peterman looks like a man. Worley doesn't. Maybe that doesn't matter. Maybe it does.

Would rather nobody agree with me and be right, than 10,000 agree and be wrong. There's not necessarily truth in numbers.

The truth is that he may be a future Heisman winner, but just like C. Pat, we don't know jack til they get on the field under the lights and perform. Those that start saying xyz player has "NFL potential" when they haven't played a down of college football sound silly and childish. BTW, I know that's not what's being said about Peterman, but the general principle still applies.
Wikipedia is for facts. Volnation is for fans. Learn to be a fan and you may not be the kid standing alone in the corner.

Worley burnt his RS last year because sims was so bad. I personally hope that N. Peterman doesn't take a snap next year. Lots of snaps in practice but none on the field. Bray may or may not enter the draft next year but I would love for us to have a boat load of RS freshmen that can play. That's how you get the depth we really need.

Am I missing something or has he not played a down of ball yet? Where has everyone seem him play against college level competition? I hope he is as good as he is getting pumped to be though. We don't have any high ranked qbs looking at us. At least let him throw a pass before we say he is the next Brett Farve or Aaron Rodgers.

Am I missing something or has he not played a down of ball yet? Where has everyone seem him play against college level competition? I hope he is as good as he is getting pumped to be though. We don't have any high ranked qbs looking at us. At least let him throw a pass before we say he is the next Brett Farve or Aaron Rodgers.

He has not played a down of SEC ball yet. And you are missing something.

Reactions: 2 people

Apparently he really impressed the staff this spring. There is talk of him playing in some packages this season

VN Store

Back