Nathan Peterman: The Future

Any word on him redshirting this season?
I'm thinking Worley is the back-up and Peterman redshirts this season.

Any word on him redshirting this season?
I'm thinking Worley is the back-up and Peterman redshirts this season.

Coaches were saying during spring practice that they will be inserting a few plays to be run by Peterman, if I remember correctly. Don't hold me to that.

I too thought all footballs HS through NFL were the same size.

lolwut? No. Absolutely, not.

I don't know about HS to NCAA, but I'd assume there's a size difference. There is absolutely a difference between NCAA and NFL size.

I really hope things go very well this season and he can redshirt.

Throwing young guns into the fire too early can destroy them in many cases and they never rebound from early disasters that they weren't prepared for.

It happens all the time in college and the NFL.

VFL...GBO!!!

lolwut? No. Absolutely, not.

I don't know about HS to NCAA, but I'd assume there's a size difference. There is absolutely a difference between NCAA and NFL size.

I'm not sure of a size difference between HS and NCAA. If there is then its very slight. I think the material used on the ball is different though.

Sorry, I just don't believe that he's a better passer than Worley. I doubt very seriously Peterman is more "game ready" right now. If it came right down to it, I would feel less worried about Worley starting any game this season than Peterman and I hope I'm not wrong. Even if Peterman is good he needs time to develop so he can come in when he is ready. Keep in mind I could've made this exact same argument for Worley last year.

Peterman has a much stronger arm and more mobility. Just think Peterman has more potential. Jmo

So is Nathan going to get a state championship ring now that Armwood had to forfeit its championship for playing ineligible transfer players?

Well, it depends. An old math teacher told me there is no such a thing as a complete number. Said that "1" is unique to itself because whenever you count something else whether matter, energy, or even speaking or writing the number itself; it never is exactly the same model as the original. Thus "2" is actually 1.88999 or something like that. So when you post #667, it's still 666 or 666.88999 or something like that.

I told the old coot he was crazy. He asked me how does a mother tell her identical twins. I said, "A mother can see the subtle differences between the two." Says he, "There you go."

Quick! Post #668!
You should have kicked him in the groin, twice. And then asked him, "how many times were you kicked in the groin?"

Reactions: 3 people
don't forget, we said the same about worley this time last year. he did have a lot going for him also. gatorade national player of the year for one.

That is a bit odd. UF was desperate for a QB and finally offered and received a committment from a Tennessean that (I gather) UT had no interest in. It will be interesting to see which, if either, coaching staff evaluated correctly.

That is a bit odd. UF was desperate for a QB and finally offered and received a committment from a Tennessean that (I gather) UT had no interest in. It will be interesting to see which, if either, coaching staff evaluated correctly.

That's a good point. Only problem is, Peterman is a year ahead of umm.....what's his name?

Am I correct?

After statements from "the cafeteria lady", I am very excited to see what Peterman can do to improve our 3rd and short / redzone offense. I will be willing to bet he will confuse many defenses, to include Alabama. Come on August 31st!!

"The morale of the team is totally different than it was last season. Tyler Bray is a true leader and is coming into form and accepting of the role. He is consistent in his practice routine and doesn't take too much special treatment from the coaching staff. He's spending a lot of time with Chaney discussing the playbook and there is a lot chatter about the use of Nathan Peterman in a Newton/Tebow/Whatever running QB for short yardage situations this year. This alone has the team excited simply because it's something new, different, and something they have seen championships won by doing. Bray is our quarterback, obviously, but Peterman may not be the guaranteed redshirt that some of us may think."

Would rather nobody agree with me and be right, than 10,000 agree and be wrong. There's not necessarily truth in numbers.

The truth is that he may be a future Heisman winner, but just like C. Pat, we don't know jack til they get on the field under the lights and perform. Those that start saying xyz player has "NFL potential" when they haven't played a down of college football sound silly and childish. BTW, I know that's not what's being said about Peterman, but the general principle still applies.

You'd rather be right that UT/Peterman/Dooley/etc sucks?

I guess we'll agree to disagree on that one...

Everyone seems to be overlooking Worley! Don't do it! This kid will be good! He may not have AS much natural ability as Peterman but he will be a very good QB for us! He's smart, he works hard, and he has great leadership ability! Barring disasterous injuries at the QB position, I believe Peterman will redshirt this year. I also believe Bray will stay for his senior season and Worley will start his senior season in '14. Peterman will start as a redshirt Junior in '15.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone seems to be overlooking Worley! Don't do it! This kid will be good! He may not have AS much natural ability as Peterman but he will be a very good QB for us! He's smart, he works hard, and he has great leadership ability! Barring disasterous injuries at the QB position, I believe Peterman will redshirt this year. I also believe Bray will stay for his senior season and Worley will start his senior season in '14. Peterman will start as a redshirt Junior in '15.

Worley won't start IMO. If Bray returns, he will obviously start, if Not, I don't expect Worley to beat Peterman

Play the freshman if he is going to help out. That's why you recruited him.

Dooley wont hesitate to use every tool in the toolbox. This is his last chance.

"Hmm...should I save Peterman for the next head coach? Idk, let me think on it a few days..."

I didn't get caught up in any hype, or lack of, when UT was recruiting Peterman. After watching these highlights a few times, I have formed a VERY positive opinion of him.
His pocket presence, and pure natural ability to avoid pressure is off the charts. He moves around smoothly in the pocket, and seems to never take his eyes away from downfield. Focused. Very focused. Also, his arm strength appears to be top shelf. He doesn't seem to have to step into the throw to get it down field quickly. And when he does step into the throw, it is truly a bomb.
I hate to form a premature opinion of a QB whom has never completed a pass in the SEC, but I believe Coach Chaney may very well have found his new Drew Brees.
Go Vols!!

Nathan Peterman - Tennessee Commit - Senior Highlights - YouTube

Thoughts?

Nothing against him but if I was Worley I'd be trying to transfer.

VN Store

Back