'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

A friend of mine who has close connections into the program said all of Sanders NIL offers were similar in $$. The concern the Sanders family has w/OSU is Day could be fired in 2 years if he doesn’t meet or exceed the lofty expectations. This may have all been discussed but I thought I would pass it on. TIFWIW
and they aren't wrong

if he doesn't beat Michigan this year he's probably gone, or on a blazingly hot seat that puts the team and all the players in prolonged uncertainty

his only saving grace to losing to Michigan would be winning the National Championship. That's about it, though. If he doesn't beat THAT Michigan team, with a new head coach, with THIS Ohio State team... I don't think he survives

Nebraska isn’t poor. They have many other disadvantages that effects their ability, but they were able to land the #1 5***** QB last year as well as hire one of the more sought after coaches to rebuild their program.

They have plenty of money to be competitive.
Like recruits having to take selfies from the second floor of D block when their rolling out the red carpet on their visits. 😂

Visited Eleven Warriors and they have really convinced themselves his clothing brand colors reflect that he is going to sign with the Buckeyes

Reactions: KillaRed54
This is true. They haven't been good in years and still fill their stadium every week. The Ag industry in Nebraska isn't a poor man's endeavor. Omaha is a center for insurance and other very lucrative business.

In terms of wealth per capita, Nebraska is 11th in the country and within $2500 of being 8th. Their wealth per person is around $15K more than TN. Money isn't their problem... and they really don't have much else other than the Huskers to throw money at. The challenge is what it always was- demographics. You have to talk most of the talented kids to move a thousand miles from home to play for them.
Way off topic, but I wonder where Nebraska falls if you remove Warren Buffet and Berkshire Hathaway from the equation. I wonder how much they inflate the entire state's wealth?

This is true. They haven't been good in years and still fill their stadium every week. The Ag industry in Nebraska isn't a poor man's endeavor. Omaha is a center for insurance and other very lucrative business.

In terms of wealth per capita, Nebraska is 11th in the country and within $2500 of being 8th. Their wealth per person is around $15K more than TN. Money isn't their problem... and they really don't have much else other than the Huskers to throw money at. The challenge is what it always was- demographics. You have to talk most of the talented kids to move a thousand miles from home to play for them.
Those averages with or without Warren Buffet…aka The new Mr. pilot….?

We had mauigoa in ‘23 and Seaton in ‘24. Im not laughing at any team until the ink dries.
I don't remember being the favorite for either. I remember top two for Mauigoa. Leading up to the announcement miami was the team. Seaton we were never listed as the favorite. Just a team to keep an eye on. But he was crazy and picked colorado. A team that wasn't in his top 6. This is a totally different feel.

I don't remember being the favorite for either. I remember top two for Mauigoa. Leading up to the announcement miami was the team. Seaton we were never listed as the favorite. Just a team to keep an eye on. But he was crazy and picked colorado. A team that wasn't in his top 6. This is a totally different feel.
Seaton told multiple programs he was in. Mauigoa pretty much was in the bag until Ruiz decided to step in and pay whatever he needed to.

Those averages with or without Warren Buffet…aka The new Mr. pilot….?
I'm not sure but there are "rich" people in most states. Just the equipment assets devoted to farming is huge. The major point is that... farming isn't a poor man's business though I've never met a farmer who wouldn't say, "There ain't no money in farming."

Way off topic, but I wonder where Nebraska falls if you remove Warren Buffet and Berkshire Hathaway from the equation. I wonder how much they inflate the entire state's wealth?
Probably not much more than the richest person or top 10 of any state skews it. I'm also not sure if they counted only the assets claimed in the particular states. His would be broadly distributed.

He told two outside of Colorado that he was in. It worked out for the best though imo. He seems to be exactly where he belongs.

Probably one of the worst recruitments I’ve ever followed.

Dude made himself look like a clown and for what?

To make Deion look good?

Pure craziness.

Those were a crazy few months. I wonder how many pages on Volantion were for the Grumors. It had its own title thread
I think it got all the way to 7? That was when threads had a much lower limit. Before @frank married Sally and got new servers as the dowry.

Edit: Not 7 pages, but 7 threads. May have even hit double digits. It was nuts.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
We had all the momentum for both Mauigoa and Seaton going into their commitment days. I am talking right up until the day. Miami literally stepped in last minute with the bigger bag. Pretty much same with Seaton. We were the perceived leader and then he picks Colorado out of nowhere. In both instances, AP felt extremely good at us getting them until we didn’t.

I think we are getting Sanders but I understand someone being nervous. We TN fans have been left at the alter many times.

VN Store

Back