'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I want to believe they are too far from home, too cold, and don't have the relationships we have. But, they overspend on NIL (Caleb Downs), so they might come with an offer we won't match. I'm still confident he's a Vol.
I don't get the sense that this kid is a NIL first guy, but I also think he's smart enough to know he has value as the top OT in this class. Just saying that I don't feel this will be a highest bidder situation. It seems he and his family are looking for the best school for him overall, which is how it should be.

I don't get the sense that this kid is a NIL first guy, but I also think he's smart enough to know he has value as the top OT in this class. Just saying that I don't feel this will be a highest bidder situation. It seems he and his family are looking for the best school for him overall, which is how it should be.
Who cares either way?

Who cares either way?
We all should. Kids and families that are all about the money are far more likely to hit the portal, constantly seeking the highest bidder. They are also more likely to be cancerous in the locker room. (See Tyler Baron). Kid never fully bought in because he was a teaME guy. Got the boot at Louisville because of it after 1 spring. NIL is part of the game now, but it can't be a kids #1 priority and fit this culture. Even Tony Vitello said something about it in his post game presser yesterday.

We all should. Kids and families that are all about the money are far more likely to hit the portal, constantly seeking the highest bidder. They are also more likely to be cancerous in the locker room. (See Tyler Baron). Kid never fully bought in because he was a teaME guy. Got the boot at Louisville because of it after 1 spring. NIL is part of the game now, but it can't be a kids #1 priority and fit this culture. Even Tony Vitello said something about it in his post game presser yesterday.
Nobody is insinuating he is a NIL first guy but you…

Nobody is insinuating he is a NIL first guy but you…
You need to learn how to pay attention, or read.

He said he DIDNT think this is a NIL first kid

Stop trolling our site, bruh.
Why is he bringing it up in the first place when responding to a poster who said we are the highest bidder?

Also do you guys understand definition for insinuation? I never said that I think he thinks that way lol it’s just the fact he “insinuated” all of that from another poster just because we are the highest bidder. He then proceeds to go off on a tangent about Tyler Baron who essentially got recruited over and Spyre didn’t need him…

Like I get it we definitely don’t want “ME” type players but market value is market value. So that is basis for my replies, also just because he might want the most money for his services doesn’t automatically mean he is in it just for himself…

Last edited:
Why is he bringing it up in the first place when responding to a poster who said we are the highest bidder?

Also do you guys understand definition for insinuation? I never said that I think he thinks that way lol it’s just the fact he “insinuated” all of that from another poster just because we are the highest bidder. He then proceeds to go off on a tangent about Tyler Baron who essentially got recruited over and Spyre didn’t need him…

Like I get it we definitely don’t want “ME” type players but market value is market value. So that is basis for my replies, also just because he might want the most money for his services doesn’t automatically mean he is in it just for himself…

You were saying there’s nothing wrong with valuing his worth (market viewpoint)

BigL was saying that Saunders is more worried about finding the right culture and development.

I think Saunders agrees with both of you and Tennessee will definitely do that for him.

Imagine what Trey Smith recruitment would have been like if he were in this class.
- In State
- better than Saunders
- best player period in 2025
- Nico already paid

Yeah, getting what you’re worth is paramount. So is fitting into the right situation that will change your life forever.

You were saying there’s nothing wrong with valuing his worth (market viewpoint)

BigL was saying that Saunders is more worried about finding the right culture and development.

I think Saunders agrees with both of you and Tennessee will definitely do that for him.

Imagine what Trey Smith recruitment would have been like if he were in this class.
- In State
- better than Saunders
- best player period in 2025
- Nico already paid

Yeah, getting what you’re worth is paramount. So is fitting into the right situation that will change your life forever.
Agreed also worthy to note its blatantly obvious elite LT’s and QB’s are valued the most by Spyre which is smart in recruiting

I guess someone pissed in your Wheaties this morning. As I stated earlier, NIL is part of the game now. NIL will be a priority for nearly every top prospect as long as it exists, but it doesn't make it their only or top priority. If you know that you have an estimated value, and two schools are equal in all other things you are looking for in a school....are you going to go where your financial value is also a priority to the school, or to a school that's offering half of your reasonable market value? That doesn't make NIL the top priority. It just makes the prospect not stupid. This kid and his family love everything about the Vols, and he has first round measurables and ability. NIL money just makes that even sweeter.

Reactions: Orange.
I guess someone pissed in your Wheaties this morning. As I stated earlier, NIL is part of the game now. NIL will be a priority for nearly every top prospect as long as it exists, but it doesn't make it their only or top priority. If you know that you have an estimated value, and two schools are equal in all other things you are looking for in a school....are you going to go where your financial value is also a priority to the school, or to a school that's offering half of your reasonable market value? That doesn't make NIL the top priority. It just makes the prospect not stupid. This kid and his family love everything about the Vols, and he has first round measurables and ability. NIL money just makes that even sweeter.
Definitely agree

I think this was meant for someone else, considering I was taking up for you. Go back and look again...

Also, I don't eat Wheaties...I start my mornings with gun powder, and wash it down with gasoline.

Maybe I missed something, but I haven't heard anything about Baron being a cancer in the locker room.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back