'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Any recruit UGA loses out on is only because of NIL guys, little ol Georgia doesn’t have any money 😢😢
Not what I said at all, just facts. Georgia wanted him on the cheap and didn’t get it.

If anything, NIL hurts a team like Georgia cause it used to be that you could recruit kids solely on things like NFL development, coaching pedigree, winning tradition. Now NIL mitigates a lot of those more traditional recruiting pitches. Bama feasted for years using those old recruiting techniques and I think their dynasty wouldn’t have lasted as long if “legal” NIL was a thing back then.

An OLineman could certainly change the outcome of a game by letting the QB get killed
Agree 100%. I stated we needed quality players all over the field. We don’t need bad O linemen that can’t block. But there’s more guys besides Sanders who can be competent blockers who won’t get our QB killed. These other guys won’t break our NIL bank and likely won’t change our W/L record verses overpaying for Sanders. Now a special QB can change your W/L record. JMO, TIFWIW, AARP

Reactions: swampfoxfan
If anything, NIL hurts a team like Georgia cause Kirby imported Saban's gigantic bag game, and the NCAA granted UGA permission to cheat with impunity. UGA still retains the corrupt reputation won by means of that illicit bag game. But after the Supreme Court ruling, other teams can pay legally, matching or exceeding UGA's former illegal payments. So the field has been leveled, with the exception of Georgia's ability to continue to falsely ascribe to "coaching" the results produced by the NCAA's deliberate unequal enforcement. But every day, the racketeering involved in creating that advantage for Bama and UGA fades further into the past. All that is left is Kirby lyingly claiming that it wasn't illegally piling up 5 stars that resulted in UGA's NFL placement, but it was his coaching. And kids know better. They know UGA always bought their players.
FYP (Click to expand.)

You realize you're a troll, right?

FYP (Click to expand.)

You realize you're a troll, right?
Cool beans bud. Whatever makes you feel better. I, for one, welcome the leveling of the playfield. Makes for more entertaining games and better bang for your buck when it comes to attending games. All the big teams played the bag games. We know this. Acting like UT is able to hold some moral high ground is laughable.

Not what I said at all, just facts. Georgia wanted him on the cheap and didn’t get it.

If anything, NIL hurts a team like Georgia cause it used to be that you could recruit kids solely on things like NFL development, coaching pedigree, winning tradition. Now NIL mitigates a lot of those more traditional recruiting pitches. Bama feasted for years using those old recruiting techniques and I think their dynasty wouldn’t have lasted as long if “legal” NIL was a thing back then.
Did you seriously make this post without mentioning under-the-table bags?? GTFOH with that sh!t. Take it with you to Athens, dawgy.

Agree 100%. I stated we needed quality players all over the field. We don’t need bad O linemen that can’t block. But there’s more guys besides Sanders who can be competent blockers who won’t get our QB killed. These other guys won’t break our NIL bank and likely won’t change our W/L record verses overpaying for Sanders. Now a special QB can change your W/L record. JMO, TIFWIW, AARP
the NIL era is very similar to the NFL. Great OT’s make and deserve a piss load of money

Lil ol Georgia and Bama always recruited the right way never had any bag men. 🙄

Cool beans bud. Whatever makes you feel better. I, for one, welcome the leveling of the playfield. Makes for more entertaining games and better bang for your buck when it comes to attending games. All the big teams played the bag games. We know this. Acting like UT is able to hold some moral high ground is laughable.
Behave yourself, or you will be sacrificed to TFG and the truck stop of doom.

IMHO, the only position you could consider over spending on is QB. An O lineman isn’t in a position to single-handedly change the outcome of a game in the same manner as a QB. Certainly quality players are needed all over the field which includes O linemen but there are 5 of them playing in unison to accomplish their mission. Breaking the bank for one of them seems a poor investment to me. JMO
Every position and very player can have a calculated value. Just don’t exceed that and live with the results. It is highly possible one teams need can justify more at risk money.

If you later believe they have higher value, you can double down after a development year in the portal as long as you end each period with some intelligence.

IMHO, the only position you could consider over spending on is QB. An O lineman isn’t in a position to single-handedly change the outcome of a game in the same manner as a QB. Certainly quality players are needed all over the field which includes O linemen but there are 5 of them playing in unison to accomplish their mission. Breaking the bank for one of them seems a poor investment to me. JMO
OL is equally as important or possibly more important than a QB. I don’t care how good a QB is. Without great OL, he is toast. Perfect example of this is the 2007 Super Bowl. Patriots were undefeated and lost to the lowly Giants because the Pats OL got destroyed and Brady was under massive pressure the whole game.

How many times over the years have we Vol fans complained about how bad our OL has been? We didn’t need to overspend to get CMac. We all know recruiting is a crapshoot and you never know who is gonna be a stud v a dud. It what if Sanders is Trey Smith level good? Or Cam Robinson or Bryant McKennie level good? That’s worth spending for IMO.

OL is equally as important or possibly more important than a QB. I don’t care how good a QB is. Without great OL, he is toast. Perfect example of this is the 2007 Super Bowl. Patriots were undefeated and lost to the lowly Giants because the Pats OL got destroyed and Brady was under massive pressure the whole game.

How many times over the years have we Vol fans complained about how bad our OL has been? We didn’t need to overspend to get CMac. We all know recruiting is a crapshoot and you never know who is gonna be a stud v a dud. It what if Sanders is Trey Smith level good? Or Cam Robinson or Bryant McKennie level good? That’s worth spending for IMO.
Once again, we should offer up to our max calculated value, but not simply raise our offer to match or exceed some other programs bid. It seems like that has been the game plan on several quality players this cycle, without diminishing the player’s abilities at all. This is a variable that can impact every other inbound player’s calculation, HS, portal, and current squad too. Total roster management in the new highly mobile world is way too complex to try and use a few guys battles as straw-man arguments. NIL competition is renewable every year, put the savings in the bank and add to it next year if his value increases in your analysis. I am sure our new interest can be legally communicated through the player network.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
1. What will David Sanders do?

The Sanders camp has put the phones away and are sticking to their plan. As of now, it looks like an August decision but that’s all subject to change if they come to a decision and decide to end the process. Tennessee and Ohio State remain the top two teams for the Charlotte product. The Vols have proximity and where we believe he feels most comfortable. The Buckeyes have also impressed upon him their brand and national success in the regular season. Georgia and Clemson continue to work to be a factor but it certainly seems like a two team race.
—VQ

I know this one has felt strong for us for a while- but I for one am a bit nervous with multiple Ohio state commits quoted as saying Sanders is next for them.

They say guys like Ffrench are wants but Sanders is who they are getting. Hopefully that’s just wishful thinking from the recruits- but I’d imagine they have more info than us.

If NIL offers are equal or close to it- what’s everyone’s real gut here since it looks like they are going quiet and we won’t get any tangible info soon?

VN Store

Back