'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

He will be a Vol but props to Nebraska for even having a chance here. Proud tradition over there and I’d love to see them start getting bigger recruits away from Ohio St and Michigan. Sanders seems like a genuine dude and obviously Nebraska has impressed him. I’ll be glad when he signs with us though 😎
Nebraska screwed themselves going to the big 10 instead of staying in the big 12

As a Vol fan, even I see the trash in this post. “Lower ourselves to Nebraska standard”? A quick google search will show they have sold out every home game since like the ‘60s. “Nationally broadcasts”? It’s 2024, all SEC and Big Ten games are being nationally broadcast. We’ll get Sanders, IMHO, but to say Nebraska and the Big Ten is JV football is a little arrogant.
All valid, but the last National Championship game featured two BIG10 teams.

In case anyone doesn't remember. He is not a "realist" about the Vols. He is a Nebraska fan.
Will be coming up from Chatt with my youngest son [for the 2017 Vols bowl game]. We will be wearing different colors than most on here, though.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ah ok that makes sense. I thought he was sitting at a table some where. But then started looking at the times and was like there no way this guy has been sitting at a table for 4 hours. 😂😂

So he’s just visiting. Thank you. Thought he was announcing today.
Hayward committed to us today. And Brame announces tomorrow. Sanders is scheduled to announce on Aug. 17. But earlier would be great and could happen.

As a Vol fan, even I see the trash in this post. “Lower ourselves to Nebraska standard”? A quick google search will show they have sold out every home game since like the ‘60s. “Nationally broadcasts”? It’s 2024, all SEC and Big Ten games are being nationally broadcast. We’ll get Sanders, IMHO, but to say Nebraska and the Big Ten is JV football is a little arrogant.
JMO, I thought the Nebraska approach was a little needed, high schoolish, and 50ish. To lower to match it was futile attempt and not necessary. We are getting to a level in recruitting and culture we should not need to do it. We have a great fan base, great coaches and excellent facilities. The SEC is a grind every game And a challenge at every position. We are on the rise. We are beginning to put more OL in the PROs. We are on the radar with more to come In the future. The other schools have their issues and problems. Right now Tennessee is a hot brand. Nebraska is not.

Who? Davis?

Edit: I got Swanson by @Weezer of all people. I really have sunk really low. Weezie, i lobbed it to you buddy, in multiple ways. Who am I but a giver.
giphy.gif

Dang, we can't spell his name or show up. Maybe that's a "sign" for him.
Blue font.....

Not gonna lie. I did expect our fanbase to show up and show out. I'm sure Nebraska is laughing at us right now, but we should get the last laugh.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Is this even legal recruiting?

I think I hear a band and what is with all the billboard lights everywhere? lol! If they don’t get him after that horse and pony show it will be hysterical.

The guy in the Nebraska tank and leather biker gloves gets me everytime, you just know he would give his left nut for them to be back. It’s funny how they did Bo Pelini, who in hindsight were the best coach since Osborne.

Nebraska screwed themselves going to the big 10 instead of staying in the big 12

You only think that because steroids started getting tested. Nebraska was about to get their butts kicked by a bunch of schools they cheated against. Big 10 was a good move.

Tom Osbourne pulled a Nick Saban. I wonder how many other coach legends quit because someone closed a loophole.

Last edited:
You only think that because steroids started getting tested. Nebraska was about to get their butts kicked by a bunch of schools they cheated against. Big 10 was a good move.

Tom Osbourne pulled a Nick Saban. I wonder how many other coach legends quit because someone closed a loophole.
I mean maybe, but going to the B1G ruined their recruiting base. The farthest travel they used to have was Austin TX. Now it’s Piscataway NJ (and everything in between)

VN Store

Back