'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I think the Nebraska/steroid angle is a bit overblown. Yes, it certainly impacted their program, but it’s not like the NCAA hadn't been testing for steroids before 1998. Additionally, Nebraska was ahead of the curve on the use of creatine. What really hurt them was the B12 nixing Prop 48/partial qualifiers, which Nebraska had feasted on heavily during the 80s and 90s.

In addition, limiting roster size also had a negative impact. Nebraska’s famous walk-on program gave them a significant advantage over most schools. They often had rosters consisting of close to 150 players, many of whom were good enough to be scholarship players. However, due to Nebraska's low in-state tuition rates or out-of-state recruits being awarded “academic scholarships,” they were able to circumvent scholarship limits.

Can you elaborate? Idk what this means
In fairness, I probably didn’t it word it the best. Prop 48 was instituted in the mid-80s. It required student-athletes to meet a certain threshold to participate in college sports. However, there were some exceptions, and the Big Eight didn’t have any rules on those exceptions. So, Nebraska was able to bring in recruits who would never be eligible at most other programs. When the B12 started in 1996, they basically eliminated those exceptions, which greatly impacted Nebraska’s recruiting.

Perusing the Nebraska boards

Certainly not breaking news he has not committed but the word from on campus was that him and his family were blown away by this trip to Lincoln. The welcome from the fans was nice but was even bigger for them and what will play a massive factor if we actually land him is our strength and conditioning program. Rhule and Campbell had a great plan laid out for how they will develop his body and how it would help him as a player. Sanders has intentionally stayed lean so that when he gets to college he can pounds on the proper and healthy way. Nebraska I'm told has also ponied up a good amount of NIL funds for Sanders and that they have met his needs from that standpoint. I don't know how the strength and conditioning is at Tennessee but let's hope it's not very good. GBR!

Fan fiction

Perusing the Nebraska boards

Fan fiction
"Why did you commit to X school?"

"Well, it was really the S&C program that stood out and set them apart from all the other top notch programs in the country. X school has really got a leg up in S&C and that is why I committed here."

Said nobody ever.

All valid, but the last National Championship game featured two BIG10 teams.
A realist would recognize one of those teams was not in their conference yet and the Big 10 receives zero credit for Washington’s success. Also keep in mind that the Washington coach relocated to the best conference in college football

Last edited:
I think the Nebraska/steroid angle is a bit overblown. Yes, it certainly impacted their program, but it’s not like the NCAA hadn't been testing for steroids before 1998. Additionally, Nebraska was ahead of the curve on the use of creatine. What really hurt them was the B12 nixing Prop 48/partial qualifiers, which Nebraska had feasted on heavily during the 80s and 90s.

In addition, limiting roster size also had a negative impact. Nebraska’s famous walk-on program gave them a significant advantage over most schools. They often had rosters consisting of close to 150 players, many of whom were good enough to be scholarship players. However, due to Nebraska's low in-state tuition rates or out-of-state recruits being awarded “academic scholarships,” they were able to circumvent scholarship limits.
And here you come with your long winded well thought out arguments with logic and reason. 😂 Steroids rolls off the tongue easier. 😂

VN Store

Back