'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

When your really good at QB you have a chance to win every game especially as we grow more competitive depth across the board we will see if he does indeed sign one day with Vols. He will be coming in when Schools have set Budget for paying players. Will be interesting how many teams prioritize there future Roster. Most likely the Tennessee of College Football will do so like NFL does it's positions. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
On the pod this morning, they mentioned how Faizon came to campus last year and was still getting offers and this year he is the number one quarterback from two of the services.

They said that he has remained unchanged. The number one ranking has not gone to his head at all and they said he is a pleasure to talk to

Seems like we're going to be stacking them for a while

On the pod this morning, they mentioned how Faizon came to campus last year and was still getting offers and this year he is the number one quarterback from two of the services.

They said that he has remained unchanged. The number one ranking has not gone to his head at all and they said he is a pleasure to talk to

Seems like we're going to be stacking them for a while
I can see that...especially with Hendon Hooker, one of the most humble dudes in the world, in his ear.

One can’t overstate the importance of getting the number 1 overall QB in the ‘26 class early. Lines up a lot of other players and makes them easier to land.

Aside from just talent does anyone know if this guy is like Nico and GMac. Both of them seemed to have a lot of friends and connections amongst elite players.

One can’t overstate the importance of getting the number 1 overall QB in the ‘26 class early. Lines up a lot of other players and makes them easier to land.

Aside from just talent does anyone know if this guy is like Nico and GMac. Both of them seemed to have a lot of friends and connections amongst elite players.
GMac yes, don’t recall Nico helping to pull any recruits which I found very surprising. Thought he would get us a few west coast kids, but didn’t happen.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I like the fact that the staff chose the kid 19 months younger. More untapped upside
I like the fact that they identified the better QB long before the recruiting services did, but our message board geniuses will never figure out that our coaches’ evaluations carry more weight than the star ratings.

I like the fact that they identified the better QB long before the recruiting services did, but our message board geniuses will never figure out that our coaches’ evaluations carry more weight than the star ratings.
You gotta forgive them. The BVS from Dooley, Butch, Pruitt "evaluations" still haunt me at night.

Of course our coaches’ evals carry more weight, and they should. And I’m thrilled that Heup can ID them early.

But that doesn’t impact the predictive ability of the star system in the aggregate.

Of course our coaches’ evals carry more weight, and they should. And I’m thrilled that Heup can ID them early.

But that doesn’t impact the predictive ability of the star system in the aggregate.
I predict that although there are enough 4-5 stars each year to cover the entire draft, that half of the draft will be 3 stars in most years. That is about a 50% miss rate in 4’s.

It is pretty easy to predict success for the no-brainers, the 5’s and upper 4’s, after that it can get fuzzy real fast.

Aggregate data does not mean much for the entire 3 star pool, love to see the numbers for 3 stars that get 4 p5 official visits. Bet it is different. The 3’s that pass the 4’s are lumped in with ALL the tweeners and early physically peaked guys that get passed by later bloomers after their 17th birthdays. Gene pool trends are hard to anticipate. Then you have to deal with between the ears variables.

VN Store

Back