'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

Alert the media! Are you Heupel? Who cares what you think?
You realize this board exists for opinions like that, right? People don't have to line up to be Yes! men/women on every topic just because the staff likes the kid, and it's a valid concern and in no way a shot at GMac or the staff. Heupel doesn't bat 1.000. No coach does. And having/sharing a rather tepid concern about a player shouldn't draw a knives out response like yours every time it happens to veer out of line with the group-think mentality, especially when isn't at all disrespectful to the player, the staff, or you.

I am also not 100% sold on G-Mac yet. He has talent just worries me a little that he hasn’t elevated his team around him to win more games. Usually guys like that are winning state titles or going deep into the playoffs.

It’s a team game.

He can’t throw, block, and catch TD’s by himself.

I think both sides of the debate are making good points. When comparing Faizon and GMac, it is important to realize that Faizon will be practicing those early enrollee and spring practices freshman year of college at 17 years old
I wouldn’t be surprised if Faizon comes in with the same plan as Nico did to redshirt and prepare. Seeing how they manage this QB room over the next few years, especially if we keep recruiting at this level, will be interesting.

As hard as it was to watch at times, I think Heupel sticking with Joe this year has helped a ton in recruiting. QB recruits can see that they will get a fair shot here even if they have to wait a year or two behind the guy before them.

You realize this board exists for opinions like that, right? People don't have to line up to be Yes! men/women on every topic just because the staff likes the kid, and it's a valid concern and in no way a shot at GMac or the staff. Heupel doesn't bat 1.000. No coach does. And having/sharing a rather tepid concern about a player shouldn't draw a knives out response like yours every time it happens to veer out of line with the group-think mentality, especially when isn't at all disrespectful to the player, the staff, or you.
Too much logic. Don’t tell them but I like G-Mac… just not more than this kid.

I am also not 100% sold on G-Mac yet. He has talent just worries me a little that he hasn’t elevated his team around him to win more games. Usually guys like that are winning state titles or going deep into the playoffs.
I had a similar sentiment because as much as football is a team game a great Qb is the equalizer but g mac OL was awful he had pressure almost every drop back and he was a magician on a lot of plays… I do want to see him elevate that win total but the kid is legit… competition will show who is the best I think ppl are putting g Mac over merk a little too soon as well but we will see… the cream always rises n im super excited about the future Qb room and Tennessee’s overall future.

Hope Gmacs improved. I don’t know much about his team, his coach or even him as a player; I’m simply looking at his record and ignoring the teams recruiting him. Knowing he’s the lynchpin of the current class that’s pulling other kids here I’m going to complain about my concerns. It doesn’t do any good to voice my concerns but if I’m right I can come back and have that gotta you moment and feel like I’m really smart.

Some of you be like this^^^

From Rivals:

There is no question which quarterback did more for their stock coming out of Future 50 than Greensboro (NC) Grimsley four-star Faizon Brandon. The last time Rivals was able to extensively evaluate Brandon was last August. Since that time, the 6-foot-4 quarterback has added more than 20 pounds of muscle to his frame, now sitting at 197 pounds.

To add to that, the arm talent is elite and the accuracy has been among the best of the group. He is mechanically clean and despite not being tested much with real coverages, the ball placement has been great. Another trait that could vault Brandon into elite status is athleticism that allows him to make accurate throws from a variety of arm slots.

There will still need to be a big look at Brandon later this fall to see how his new look body and skill set match together against live competition. But based on the evaluation this weekend, Brandon is due for a significant rise from his current ranking of No. 134.

From Rivals:

There is no question which quarterback did more for their stock coming out of Future 50 than Greensboro (NC) Grimsley four-star Faizon Brandon. The last time Rivals was able to extensively evaluate Brandon was last August. Since that time, the 6-foot-4 quarterback has added more than 20 pounds of muscle to his frame, now sitting at 197 pounds.

To add to that, the arm talent is elite and the accuracy has been among the best of the group. He is mechanically clean and despite not being tested much with real coverages, the ball placement has been great. Another trait that could vault Brandon into elite status is athleticism that allows him to make accurate throws from a variety of arm slots.

There will still need to be a big look at Brandon later this fall to see how his new look body and skill set match together against live competition. But based on the evaluation this weekend, Brandon is due for a significant rise from his current ranking of No. 134.
Heup gonna get his QB in almost every cycle. Once Nico goes as a Top 10 pick in a couple years it will be even more stupid how much QB talent we will have. We already have a great room and more on deck, it will be absolutely filthy in a few years.

Heup gonna get his QB in almost every cycle. Once Nico goes as a Top 10 pick in a couple years it will be even more stupid how much QB talent we will have. We already have a great room and more on deck, it will be absolutely filthy in a few years.
If we land Faizon that’s three 5* QBs in 4 years. It’s incredible given that the only other teams in similar positions have regularly been in the 4 team playoff.

From Rivals:

Uh huh. Sure, Rivals. Sure…..

Rivals…. What is you doin…

View attachment 637345

Reactions: Orange. and Glitch
If he does he will just go back up after this year. I mean your evaluations are extremely poor. You are still hurt that Heupel didn’t like Curtis. Of course we know how good your predictions on players are 😂😂😂😂😂

Simply repeating what the recruiting services have said. They were saying that MacIntyre needed a strong performance at the Elite 11 to stay a 5-star. Since he was unable to participate it's being said he will fall in the rankings especially when guys like Russell at Alabama are set to rise.

And Nico had a Volleyball tournament and Merklinger also had a prior engagement.
As you mentioned GMAC has to repair his hand.

Heupel is a pretty smart guy. I think he just doesn’t agree with what he sees at that event.
And he’s not trying to give it bad press, so his guys come up with excuses for not going.

3 in a row seems intentional.
I could be wrong

No it's just coincidence. Elite 11 is no different than all the other 7 on 7 camps. It's just the most prestigious. If Huepel has a problem with it then he would have a problem with all camps. Obviously his QBs have participated in the camp process so it's not a rule he has for his recruits.

I'm simply relaying what they said on On3 and 247. One of the evaluators said MacIntyre needed a strong performance at the Elite 11 to stay a 5-star cause he apparently wasn't that good at some other camps and had a subpar junior year. This isn't my prediction or evaluation. I'm simply relaying what the recruiting service guys said.
Cite that source D4H lol

I'm simply relaying what they said on On3 and 247. One of the evaluators said MacIntyre needed a strong performance at the Elite 11 to stay a 5-star cause he apparently wasn't that good at some other camps and had a subpar junior year. This isn't my prediction or evaluation. I'm simply relaying what the recruiting service guys said.
I blame Jared Curtis being an UGA commit on you. You wasted your powers trying to force the Vols to go Dooley on QBs in 2025. 😔

Cite that source D4H lol

I’ll cite it for him.

“I mentioned trying to find a landing spot for George MacIntyre," 247 Sports' national recruiting analyst Cooper Petagna said. "He ends up sliding back from number ten to number thirty, and this is a guy that we really, really liked on the field despite his team only winning two games last season. So, coming into the offseason you have that context. We got to see him twice in the month of April. Oxford and in Nashville. Really, physically, there was a lot to be desired. He will have another opportunity here in the next couple of weeks at the Elite 11 finals in Los Angeles, so going to be a guy and certainly a storyline to follow here."

VN Store

Back