Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

Wut.

Masks are worn to reduce the spread of germs.

Viruses are germs.

:rolleyes:
Just so you know, you are absolutely wrong here. Confirmed by multiple surgeon friends and several published reports I provided early on in the pandemic, paper surgical masks are worn SOLELY to keep surgical debris off the health care workers' faces. They have never been shown to reduce wound infections and do not stop virus
spread.

Spotify stock up over 11%.

Not linking it other than countering all the people citing their stock being down in 22 to the Young thing.

But wait! I thought they lost $4 billion in line one night?!

You mean to tell me the rumors weren't correct?

I tend to think Rogan isn't the only one guilty of that. Every major media outlet does the same thing.
Have you listened to Rogan or read through his guest list? I and several of my successful professional friends enjoy his shows -- some of the stuff gets a little deep, but always thought provoking. Could be anywhere from a comedian to a sports personality, various musicians, physicist to a psychologist.

It just seems flimsy to put this on the WH because some powerful Democrats want masks.

The WH put the federal mask mandate back into place like the first week of Biden being in the WH.

It's not a great stretch of the imagination to think they were pushing the issue behind the scenes...

Larry King was a seasoned journalist and S tier interviewer.

Rogan hosts a show that caters to intellectual knuckledraggers and hosts carefully picked guests to cater to his low brow audience.

You're right. It wasn't a funny post. It would require there being a joke. That comparison of yours was anything but.

Neil deGrasse Tyson, Richard Hawkins, Chomsky, Sir Roger Penrose, Cornell West, Sam Harris, intellectual knuckle draggers to cater to his low brow audience? You can't be serious. He's interviewed some of the most influential intellectuals of our time. It's alright if you don't like the guy, but you shouldn't outright lie.

Neil deGrasse Tyson, Richard Hawkins, Chomsky, Sir Roger Penrose, Cornell West, Sam Harris, intellectual knuckle draggers to cater to his low brow audience? You can't be serious. He's interviewed some of the most influential intellectuals of our time. It's alright if you don't like the guy, but you shouldn't outright lie.
Lies are what they do best.

Have you listened to Rogan or read through his guest list? I and several of my successful professional friends enjoy his shows -- some of the stuff gets a little deep, but always thought provoking. Could be anywhere from a comedian to a sports personality, various musicians, physicist to a psychologist.

No, he certainly has some great guests on and I'm thrilled he brought on experts on Covid when nobody else would. But Dink did have a point he is doing so for a certain "demographic" for lack of a better term.

Facing facts here, he is appealing to a certain base by bringing on those who would speak against the Covidiots. Namely because most others won't.

I'm proud to say that I've never listened to any of Joe Rogan's podcasts or any podcast for that matter, and I also have never listened to Spotify either. I don't know how I made it all of these years.

First its don't wear a mask, then its wear one.

When did the CDC provide advice not to wear a mask? Link.

First it was don't wear N95 masks, now they are recommended.

N95 masks were initially in short supply and the CDC wanted to ensure enough were available for doctors, nurses, etc.

First it was the vax stops the spread.

Don't recall the CDC ever stating that vaccines completely stop the spread. Link.

Now it won't, but it reduced symptoms.

This is accurate.
look it up yourself.

That was pretty dumb post on his part

What are you saying?

I am against censorship from anyone or any 'side'. Say whatever you want. If you're wrong, people will figure it out. Censorship just proves that you are already wrong and afraid to be found out.

It's un-American to try to censor if the other side of the political spectrum does it, even if it's not government censorship. If it's your side censoring, the "un-American" talk goes away because the mouse nudity is clearly too graphic. I'm not even talking to you or any one side specifically, I'm just saying this is the way it works in general.

Larry King was a seasoned journalist and S tier interviewer.

Rogan hosts a show that caters to intellectual knuckledraggers and hosts carefully picked guests to cater to his low brow audience.

You're right. It wasn't a funny post. It would require there being a joke. That comparison of yours was anything but.

Dude, this says more about you than Joe Rogan. His list of guests is very eclectic with a lot of interesting characters in there.

He's not a professional seasoned interviewer like Larry King was? OK fine I won't disagree, but the long form casual conversation format has a lot of benefits and is easy to be engaged with as a listener. And there is a fair amount of skill required to lead a three hour conversation without awkward pauses and that remains interesting for most of the time. I don't think just any old schmuck could do what Rogan does and make it seem so effortless.

I'd only label one of those as significantly intellectual and influential.

Don't accuse me of lying when it's just an interpretation of a truth you don't agree with. No one's accusing you of being a critical thinker of a higher echelon, 8188. I've been here long enough.

I'm proud to say that I've never listened to any of Joe Rogan's podcasts or any podcast for that matter, and I also have never listened to Spotify either. I don't know how I made it all of these years.
You don't know how to load it either...:rolleyes:

Curious.

Next time you go have an operation... you're gonna tell the nurses and doctor in the O.R. to take their masks off, right?

Why would I do that. A surgical masks main purpose is to prevent from introducing foreign bodies into open wounds reducing the risk of secondary infections.

Plus they provide a minimal amount of protection against the transmission of viruses. A little protection in a particularly intimant setting is better than none.

Which is why I wear a mask when places require it. It is their prerogative, and I typically avoid establishments that are over the top or militant about it. The point is that in the vast majority of settings requiring a mask is little more than virtue signaling.

Dude, this says more about you than Joe Rogan. His list of guests is very eclectic with a lot of interesting characters in there.

He's not a professional seasoned interviewer like Larry King was? OK fine I won't disagree, but the long form casual conversation format has a lot of benefits and is easy to be engaged with as a listener. And there is a fair amount of skill required to lead a three hour conversation without awkward pauses and that remains interesting for most of the time. I don't think just any old schmuck could do what Rogan does and make it seem so effortless.

You proved my point. The guests are carefully picked to make people like you think you are edgy or smart for listening and absorbing it.

Why would I do that. A surgical masks main purpose is to prevent from introducing foreign bodies into open wounds reducing the risk of secondary infections.

Plus they provide a minimal amount of protection against the transmission of viruses. A little protection in a particularly intimant seeing is better than none.

Which is why I wear a mask when places require it. It is their prerogative, and I typically avoid establishments that are over the top or militant about it. The point is that in the vast majority of settings requiring a mask is little more than virtue signaling.
Even the makers of masks themselves acknowledge it on the very boxes they come in. This stuff is not hard.

VN Store

Back