Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

And when you make a blanket statement like “vaccines work” or “masks work” without adding any of the necessary qualifiers to that statement are you not spreading dangerous misinformation that leads to a false sense of security?

Or is information only dangerous if the cdc doesn’t approve it?

Yeah, I agree with qualifiers. And I'm confident Fauci has used qualifiers repeatedly.

CDC recs are available online 24/7...

Young was not kicked off. He left. Now that Spotify has met his wants, I suspect he'll come back on.

Meanwhile, Rogan gets a noice warning label about his misleading content and a link to an actual factual source on COVID.

So, yeah, your post didn't age well.

how did they meet his wants - he said it's either me or him; not it's either me or some disclaimers

Young was not kicked off. He left. Now that Spotify has met his wants, I suspect he'll come back on.

Meanwhile, Rogan gets a noice warning label about his misleading content and a link to an actual factual source on COVID.

So, yeah, your post didn't age well.

No, he was kicked off. He gave Spotify am ultimatum that they could keep either Rogan or him. They chose Rogan and removed Youngs content.

Reactions: Vol8188
I think you're missing the point of the CDC: It's all about reducing risk and doing what we can to minimize the spread of the virus. I mean if you really believe scientists just talk out of their ass and tell people goofy crap, then I gather you don't have a primary care physician.
Adults want to be treated like adults. They don't want to be talked to like children. That's the CDC's main problem (along with many municipal health departments). They are eggheads with zero people skills. They propose guidance that has little to zero real world feasibility and then get ruffled when the plebs won't comply. They also issue guidance that even an average rational person scratches their head at but if they dare to voice their concern they are instantly labeled anti science horse dewormer trumptard.

Spotify stock up over 11%.

Not linking it other than countering all the people citing their stock being down in 22 to the Young thing.
Also everyone's stock was down last week with tech stocks taking the brunt of the beating. Market cap is back to where it was ten days ago. I guess the market has already forgotten.

No, he was kicked off. He gave Spotify am ultimatum that they could keep either Rogan or him. They chose Rogan and removed Youngs content.

That's a weird way of looking at it. I would bet all my $ that a Spotify spokesperson would not claim to be kicking him off. They would say something like, "this is what Neil wanted."

Reactions: Wireless1
That's a weird way of looking at it. I would bet all my $ that a Spotify spokesperson would not claim to be kicking him off. They would say something like, "this is what Neil wanted."

He wanted joe Rogan gone. Spotify chose to keep Rogan and removed young. Use whatever term you want but Spotify chose Rogan over young.

IMO Fauci has acted neither as a partisan hack nor an infallible person. People want black and white answers to complicated and grey-area questions. Demonizing Fauci only demonstrates the ignorance of those doing so.
And Rogan has? Rogan at least admits to being the dumbest man in the room - He hasn't interviewed Biden yet....

He wanted joe Rogan gone. Spotify chose to keep Rogan and removed young. Use whatever term you want but Spotify chose Rogan over young.

All of this is perfectly clear to me. Spotify wanted a 3rd option, which Young didn't give them. His choice.

I think you're missing the point of the CDC: It's all about reducing risk and doing what we can to minimize the spread of the virus. I mean if you really believe scientists just talk out of their ass and tell people goofy crap, then I gather you don't have a primary care physician.
Well they've done a poor job. How many on here haven't been exposed to the virus multiple times? How many people who took the vaccine still got CoVid and was hospitalized. Is the probability of contracting CoVid any lower if you've been vaccinated than if not, where are those statistics? I guarantee if they existed we'd have it broadcast to us hourly.

IMO Fauci has acted neither as a partisan hack nor an infallible person. People want black and white answers to complicated and grey-area questions. Demonizing Fauci only demonstrates the ignorance of those doing so.
Last year Fauci proclaimed that there was no need for school kids to wear masks. Within 72 hours he completely changed his position. What new “science” suddenly became available over that three day period for him to completely change his stance on students being forced to war masks? Or was it the fact that he visited the White House before reversing his stance?

Last year Fauci proclaimed that there was no need for school kids to wear masks. Within 72 hours he completely changed his position. What new “science” suddenly became available over that three day period for him to completely change his position? Or was it the fact that he visited the White House before reversing his stance?

Why would the WH want masks in schools?

Idk why that’s funny? Doesn’t he sit down for long form interviews with A list celebrities like Larry King did?

Not sure what I’m missing

Larry King was a seasoned journalist and S tier interviewer.

Rogan hosts a show that caters to intellectual knuckledraggers and hosts carefully picked guests to cater to his low brow audience.

You're right. It wasn't a funny post. It would require there being a joke. That comparison of yours was anything but.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

Rogan hosts a show that caters to intellectual knuckledraggers and hosts carefully picked guests to cater to his low brow audience.

You're right. It wasn't a funny post. It would require there being a joke. That comparison of yours was anything but.

He had Dan Aykroyd on his show. Good enough for me.

So you're saying he's more like Oprah or Ellen.

VN Store

Back