Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

So you honestly think if they pulled Rogan Young wouldn't stay on Spotify.

This is such a weird, small hill to die on.
I don't know. He didn't give them the opportunity

...but people who want to argue with me are fighting over that same weird small hill.

So if they removed Rogan…..in the English speaking communities, we call this an “ultimatum”
He didn't ask for them to remove Rogan. He said they couldn't be at the same platform and pulled his music without asking them to remove Rogan.

I don't know. He didn't give them the opportunity

...but people who want to argue with me are fighting over that same weird small hill.

Of course you know. If he was on Spotify before he was aware of Rogan and his “covid misinformation” then obviously he’d be willing to be back on Spotify in a post Rogan era.

Don’t blame us for your lack of reasoning skills. We are merely trying to help

Of course you know. If he was on Spotify before he was aware of Rogan and his “covid misinformation” then obviously he’d be willing to be back on Spotify in a post Rogan era.

Don’t blame us for your lack of reasoning skills. We are merely trying to help
Don't blame me because you have to argue based on assumptions.

We've been talking a lot about how Young tried to "silence" or "censor" Rogan and it occurred to me I had never seen a direct quote from Young.

It looks like he sent a letter to his management asking to have his music taken off of Spotify and included a statement that Spotify could not have both entertainers. I've argued he doesn't have to have his music on the same platform with someone he doesn't agree absent contractual obligation.

It looks to me like he never asked for Spotify to remove Rogan. To paraphrase, he just said, "I'm out, i dont want to be on spotify with him." Granted, we don't have the full text of the letter. Any thoughts? Does this change the "he's trying to censor" argument?

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over 'False Information About Vaccines'
The moment he mentioned Rogan, it became a “him or me”. It became left vs right. It became about censorship.

He could’ve easily talked to his wife about his leftist views and mutually decided he didn’t want to be a part of SPOTIFY. He could’ve exited without giving reason but by adding Rogans name into his exit, it became about censorship and he’s hoping to win that battle. His goal is to have Rogan removed so people can’t choose to listen. Otherwise, there would be no reason to bring Rogan up in the first place of he didn’t intend to silence him.

Joe Rogan apologizes for using racial slurs - CNN

Joe Rogan issued an apology on Instagram Saturday after artist India Arie posted a compilation of the podcaster frequently using the N-Word on his podcast.
Rogan used the word more than 20 times in the clips, which he said were compiled over a span of 12 years. In his apology, Rogan said it's the "most regretful and shameful thing" he has ever had to address publicly.
"I know that to most people, there's no context where a White person is ever allowed to say that, never mind publicly on a podcast, and I agree with that," he said. "Now, I haven't said it in years," Rogan added.

I accept his apology.
Why would you need to, are you an African American?

Are you insane?
What does my race have to do with it?
I can and do certainly take offense to racists comments-the fact that I am white doesn't take that away.
How far are we going with your “offense” in a world where literally everything is racist? Did you take offense to Aunt Jemima pancake syrup?Land O Lakes butter? The Washington Redskins? What about black history month? Is that not racist against whites? If they’re fighting for equality, would black history not simply be American history? So why do we need a month long holiday? How about all black colleges? Are you offended by those? Are you offended when you hear the word “cracker” being used to describe a white man?

Here’s a suggestion. How about we stop making everything about race and start realizing that in order to have equality, there first has to be an equal playing field. Get rid of black history month and all black colleges. Put the Indian lady back on the butter and show Aunt Jemimas face on the pancake syrup because they were examples of success. The Redskins made an icon of early Indians. In other words, let’s stop being selective on what’s “offensive” if you’re going to ignore the real racism and not be offended by all of it.

Last edited:
How far are we going with your “offense” in a world where literally everything is racist? Did you take offense to Aunt Jemima pancake syrup?Land O Lakes butter? The Washington Redskins? What about black history month? Is that not racist against whites? If they’re fighting for equality, would black history not simply be American history? So why do we need a month long holiday? How about all black colleges? Are you offended by those? Are you offended when you hear the word “cracker” being used to describe a white man?

Here’s a suggestion. How about we stop making everything about race and start realizing that in order to have equality, there first has to be an equal playing field. Get rid of black history month and all black colleges. Put the Indian lady back on the butter and show Aunt Jemimas face on the pancake syrup because they were examples of success. The Redskins made an icon of early Indians. In other words, let’s stop being selective on what’s “offensive” if you’re going to ignore the real racism and not be offended by all of it.
Screenshot_20220205-220156.png

The moment he mentioned Rogan, it became a “him or me” for me. It became left vs right for me. It became about censorship for me.

Fixed your post. Absent contractual obligations, young doesn't have to leave his music on any platform.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back