Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

He said that, but he never gave them a choice. He had already instructed them to pull his music. I view it as an explanation. You can view it as a request it you want, but I don't agree with you. If he had said, "it's me or Rogan and you have until noon tomorrow before I pull my music," I'd see it differently.

So we agree his music was not yet off the platform and he gave them an ultimatum? Yet you think it wasn’t an ultimatum because in the sentence before the ultimatum he said he wanted his stuff removed?

That’s one of the least well thought out stances I’ve seen on here. If he wanted his music removed either way, he wouldn’t have added the ultimatum.

Reactions: 1vol8
Are you insane?
What does my race have to do with it?
I can and do certainly take offense to racists comments-the fact that I am white doesn't take that away.
Do you regularly ask for apologies which you aren’t entitled to? I’m gonna guess that’s a yes.

Should we put you in for reparations too?

So we agree his music was not yet off the platform and he gave them an ultimatum? Yet you think it wasn’t an ultimatum because in the sentence before the ultimatum he said he wanted his stuff removed?

That’s one of the least well thought out stances I’ve seen on here. If he wanted his music removed either way, he wouldn’t have added the ultimatum.
Whatever you say. I don't think it was an ultimatum because he never asked anybody to do anything other than remove his own music.

We've been talking a lot about how Young tried to "silence" or "censor" Rogan and it occurred to me I had never seen a direct quote from Young.

It looks like he sent a letter to his management asking to have his music taken off of Spotify and included a statement that Spotify could not have both entertainers. I've argued he doesn't have to have his music on the same platform with someone he doesn't agree absent contractual obligation.

It looks to me like he never asked for Spotify to remove Rogan. To paraphrase, he just said, "I'm out, i dont want to be on spotify with him." Granted, we don't have the full text of the letter. Any thoughts? Does this change the "he's trying to censor" argument?

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over 'False Information About Vaccines'
If he was saying they can't have both then he'd just remove his and be done with it.

He gave them an ultimatum. Remove Rogan or I'm leaving.

“They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.”

He made them choose.

I've explained my position and it's fine if you don't agree.

Your position is nonsensical because the only way to hold your position is to proclaim if they would’ve removed Rogan that Young would have still wanted his music taken down.

The entire world knows that’s not the case but you refuse to accept the obvious

There are plenty of articles in the music industry which use the “u” word. Here’s one

Spotify to remove Neil Young's music after his Joe Rogan ultimatum

The streaming service is in the process of removing Neil Young's music catalog after he published an open letter Monday (since-deleted) with an ultimatum: Stop the spread of COVID-19 vaccine disinformation on Joe Rogan's podcast or lose his music.
Got it. Now we trust media outlets to not spin something. If there was an actual quote where young said he would stay, id be more amenable to that position. Granted "ultimaatum" does sound better than "Neil Young removed his music because he didn't want to be on the same platform as Rogan."

Your position is nonsensical because the only way to hold your position is to proclaim if they would’ve removed Rogan that Young would have still wanted his music taken down.

The entire world knows that’s not the case but you refuse to accept the obvious
I'm just looking at the direct quotes. You can read whatever you want to into them.

I'm just looking at the direct quotes. You can read whatever you want to into them.

I read the direct quotes. In them he said they could either have him or Rogan. That means, if you remove Rogan; you can have Young.

you’re the only human in the world disputing that basic fact

Got it. Now we trust media outlets to not spin something. If there was an actual quote where young said he would stay, id be more amenable to that position. Granted "ultimaatum" does sound better than "Neil Young removed his music because he didn't want to be on the same platform as Rogan."
You asked for a quote. I gave you one. Why are you not pleased? WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN TO ME YOU *******! 😥😭

You asked for a quote. I gave you one. Why are you not pleased? WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN TO ME YOU *******! 😥😭
I meant a quote from Neil Young.... DON'T YELL AT ME.

I read the direct quotes. In them he said they could either have him or Rogan. That means, if you remove Rogan; you can have Young.

you’re the only human in the world disputing that basic fact
In them he said remove his music they cannot have both. I understand you want to speculate on what would happen IF Spotify offered to remove the music, but that request was never made by Young. You are presuming more than was stated, just like people who claim Trump said to drink bleach.

In them he said remove his music they cannot have both. I understand you want to speculate on what would happen IF Spotify offered to remove the music, but that request was never made by Young. You are presuming more than was stated, just like people who claim Trump said to drink bleach.

Not at all. I’m reading the sentence as stated. “You cannot have both” means “you can have one of us”. That’s not speculation. That’s called reading comprehension

😂

1644103325230.gif

Reactions: 1vol8
Not at all. I’m reading the sentence as stated. “You cannot have both” means “you can have one of us”. That’s not speculation. That’s called reading comprehension

And he never asked them to remove Rogan that we know of. He did the opposite and pulled his music. It's fine if you view it differently than me, but don't pretend it was an unequivocal demand to remove Rogan. Even if he said, you can have one of us, he made the decision for them and left.

And he never asked them to remove Rogan that we know of. He did the opposite and pulled his music. It's fine if you view it differently than me, but don't pretend it was an unequivocal demand to remove Rogan. Even if he said, you can have one of us, he made the decision for them and left.

Why did he pull his music? I’ll wait

VN Store

Back