Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

273407376_10159735392419354_4003389074145542540_n.jpg

Anyone see that they’re removing over 100 episodes of his? I hope he goes to a different platform. Him and Tim Dillion are the only reasons I downloaded their app

We've been talking a lot about how Young tried to "silence" or "censor" Rogan and it occurred to me I had never seen a direct quote from Young.

It looks like he sent a letter to his management asking to have his music taken off of Spotify and included a statement that Spotify could not have both entertainers. I've argued he doesn't have to have his music on the same platform with someone he doesn't agree absent contractual obligation.

It looks to me like he never asked for Spotify to remove Rogan. To paraphrase, he just said, "I'm out, i dont want to be on spotify with him." Granted, we don't have the full text of the letter. Any thoughts? Does this change the "he's trying to censor" argument?

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over 'False Information About Vaccines'

We've been talking a lot about how Young tried to "silence" or "censor" Rogan and it occurred to me I had never seen a direct quote from Young.

It looks like he sent a letter to his management asking to have his music taken off of Spotify and included a statement that Spotify could not have both entertainers. I've argued he doesn't have to have his music on the same platform with someone he doesn't agree absent contractual obligation.

It looks to me like he never asked for Spotify to remove Rogan. To paraphrase, he just said, "I'm out, i dont want to be on spotify with him." Granted, we don't have the full text of the letter. Any thoughts? Does this change the "he's trying to censor" argument?

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over 'False Information About Vaccines'
You know, if I had a couple of hundred million dollars in the bank and was a few weeks or years from dying what do I have to lose?

If you don’t want to be on Spotify with someone who is representing one side of the argument, I would have less of an issue with this move.

He’s upset that Rogan presents both sides of the issue and has demanded Rogan be removed. If he were to simply bow out and say “I don’t want to associate with Spotify”, I wouldn’t have an issue. Instead he’s demanding they censor others to keep him

If you don’t want to be on Spotify with someone who is representing one side of the argument, I would have less of an issue with this move.

He’s upset that Rogan presents both sides of the issue and has demanded Rogan be removed. If he were to simply bow out and say “I don’t want to associate with Spotify”, I wouldn’t have an issue. Instead he’s demanding they censor others to keep him

The only demand he made was to take his music off. He never asked to have Rogan removed.

Edit: these are the only quotes I could find. If he did ask for Rogan's removal I'll be happy to entertain a quote.

The only demand he made was to take his music off. He never asked to have Rogan removed.

Edit: these are the only quotes I could find. If he did ask for Rogan's removal I'll be happy to entertain a quote.

You directly quoted him demanding Rogan be removed.

“They can have Rogan or Young, not both”.

You directly quoted him demanding Rogan be removed.

“They can have Rogan or Young, not both”.
Context is important friend. He had already instructed them to remove his music. He never gave them an option. He said "I'm out, here's why."

That is a declarative statement. It's not a request to remove rogan.

This is way bigger than the dinosauric irrelevant grifter, Neil Young.

Context is important friend. He had already instructed them to remove his music. He never gave them an option. He said "I'm out, here's why."

That is a declarative statement. It's not a request to remove rogan.

You’re splitting hairs at this point to support an absurd narrative. If they removed Rogan tomorrow would Young come back?

You’re splitting hairs at this point to support an absurd narrative. If they removed Rogan tomorrow would Young come back?

I'm using direct quotes from Young (from what i can tell for the first time in this thread). I'm pretty sure there are posters on this board that have advocated that he should have just said he was pulling his music because he didn't want to he in with Rogan. Looks like that's what he did.

Edit: I don't have anymore idea than you as to whether Young would return if Rogan were gone.

Joe Rogan apologizes for using racial slurs - CNN

Joe Rogan issued an apology on Instagram Saturday after artist India Arie posted a compilation of the podcaster frequently using the N-Word on his podcast.
Rogan used the word more than 20 times in the clips, which he said were compiled over a span of 12 years. In his apology, Rogan said it's the "most regretful and shameful thing" he has ever had to address publicly.
"I know that to most people, there's no context where a White person is ever allowed to say that, never mind publicly on a podcast, and I agree with that," he said. "Now, I haven't said it in years," Rogan added.

I accept his apology.

Joe Rogan issued an apology on Instagram Saturday after artist India Arie posted a compilation of the podcaster frequently using the N-Word on his podcast.
Rogan used the word more than 20 times in the clips, which he said were compiled over a span of 12 years. In his apology, Rogan said it's the "most regretful and shameful thing" he has ever had to address publicly.
"I know that to most people, there's no context where a White person is ever allowed to say that, never mind publicly on a podcast, and I agree with that," he said. "Now, I haven't said it in years," Rogan added.

I accept his apology.

Just another dumb attempt form the left to cancel someone from things they said over 20 years ago.

Also a lot of those clips were him having conversations about the “n-word”. Not him calling people the n-word.

Who we should canceling are these so called “journalists” who do this nonsense

Just another dumb attempt form the left to cancel someone from things they said over 20 years ago.

Also a lot of those clips were him having conversations about the “n-word”. Not him calling people the n-word.

Who we should canceling are these so called “journalists” who do this nonsense
Lol.......How many times on here in the last week alone have I seen someone try to claim Biden is racist because of something he said 40 years ago?

I don't believe either are even remotely racists. I think it is stupid to claim that either are because of a few comments out of thousands made in the past - and Biden has a much longer and well documented past.

I accept his apology.
Are you a person of color Luther?

Lol.......How many times on here in the last week alone have I seen someone try to claim Biden is racist because of something he said 40 years ago?

I don't believe either are even remotely racists. I think it is stupid to claim that either are because of a few comments out of thousands made in the past - and Biden has a much longer and well documented past.

Then you should have a problem with journalists from both sides who dig up things like this and report on it. Which is my problem.

I'm using direct quotes from Young (from what i can tell for the first time in this thread). I'm pretty sure there are posters on this board that have advocated that he should have just said he was pulling his music because he didn't want to he in with Rogan. Looks like that's what he did.

Edit: I don't have anymore idea than you as to whether Young would return if Rogan were gone.

Obviously we both do since he directly said they can have Rogan or Young but not both. He directly gave an ultimatum and you’re trying to proclaim ignorance.

Reactions: 1vol8
Then you should have a problem with journalists from both sides who dig up things like this and report on it. Which is my problem.
It wasn't a journalist in Rogan's case.
But I've always said all of those things should be taken in the context of the person's life, actions and the time in which they occurred.

Then why the hell would you feel any damn need to accept any kind of apology like that? Damn what an overtly self important ridiculous viewpoint and statement.
Are you insane?
What does my race have to do with it?
I can and do certainly take offense to racists comments-the fact that I am white doesn't take that away.

Obviously we both do since he directly said they can have Rogan or Young but not both. He directly gave an ultimatum and you’re trying to proclaim ignorance.
He said that, but he never gave them a choice. He had already instructed them to pull his music. I view it as an explanation. You can view it as a request it you want, but I don't agree with you. If he had said, "it's me or Rogan and you have until noon tomorrow before I pull my music," I'd see it differently.

It wasn't a journalist in Rogan's case.
But I've always said all of those things should be taken in the context of the person's life, actions and the time in which they occurred.

It takes a journalist for anything to end up on CNN

VN Store

Back