New Pay Raise for Fulmer Announced (Merged)

What Do you think about Fulmer's raise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This might surprise you there allvol123... but employees who mop floors are just as sensitive to being treated fairly as you are. The 30 year employee who has stuck with the company through thick and thin is just as sensitive to being treated unfairly as you are.

Either employee produces which equals a raise......

Didn't you know that failure to provide an employee with an unearned raise is considered torture under the Geneva Convention? Hamilton conitnues to feather TCHFCATUTK's nest in order to avoid being labeled a war criminal.
:eek:lol:Nice

I think it almost has more to do with the job itself than Fulmer. The idea that the head job at Tennessee has fallen to 7th in the SEC is amazing.

This might surprise you there allvol123... but employees who mop floors are just as sensitive to being treated fairly as you are. The 30 year employee who has stuck with the company through thick and thin is just as sensitive to being treated unfairly as you are.

What the hell are you talking about?

Again, completely false. there is no correlation to positive recruiting impact and a coaching change.

for the last time...........it depends on the COACH. not just the change. implying otherwise is, again, dumb.

Which brings up the question: which is better, someone who is loyal but doesn't perform up to expectations, or someone who meets or exceeds expectations but is susceptible to leaving for a better offer?

The latter. If we have a coach that is getting tempted or getting offers from other programs, that means that we have a pretty good coach.

Again, completely false. there is no correlation to positive recruiting impact and a coaching change.

for the last time...........it depends on the COACH. not just the change. implying otherwise is, again, dumb.

Not only who the coach is but how it's handled will determine who you actully can pull in to coach. He is being paid slightly over the SEC average. That is prolly where he should be until he wins a SEC and BCS championship again.

The latter. If we have a coach that is getting tempted or getting offers from other programs, that means that we have a pretty good coach.
In theory, you are right. The funny thing though is that people always think they know every job that has been offered or turned down.

In theory, you are right. The funny thing though is that people always think they know every job that has been offered or turned down.

Mike Brown calls Fulmer on a daily basis......

I am telling you, two peas in a pod.......

:good!:

Not true. Some coaches are viewed as untouchable. It depends on the coach and the situation they're in.

And who is that in your avi:cool2:

Not only who the coach is but how it's handled will determine who you actully can pull in to coach. He is being paid slightly over the SEC average. That is prolly where he should be until he wins a SEC and BCS championship again.
which is why when Bama hired Mike Dubose it didn't have the same positive impact on recruiting that it did when they hired NIck Saban or when LSU hired Mike Archer vs Nick Saban........

actually, i guess you just need to hire nick saban and all your problems are solved.:)

Wow . . . I didn't realize he had fallen quite that far down the list.

There's a good reason why he is the 7th highest paid coach in the conference. It's because he's the just about the 7th best coach in the conference. Saban, Richt, Spurrier, Miles, Tubbs, and Meyer have all won SEC championships since Fulmer last won one... and most of those guys have gotten the better of Phil in head to head match ups since then, as well.

What the hell are you talking about?

You're just now getting around to realizing that you've been talking out of your head?

I'm talking about your point that someone's loyalty should be held against them when you consider whether to give them a raise or not. Employees should be given raises based on their performance and loyalty should be a positive... and that is without regard to whether you or I think CPF is loyal or deserving of a raise or not.

i mentioned PJ deserves GURU status at the beginning of this thread and I feel the need to add that Jakez continues to show why he is a GURU. When I think of the people I would trust when they had news or made a statement, I often overlook him (probably because of the whole being a steelers fan thing), but he definitely knows his stuff. I've been gone for over two hours and this thread has exploded, but Jakez has made just about every point that needs to be made.

There's a good reason why he is the 7th highest paid coach in the conference. It's because he's the just about the 7th best coach in the conference. Saban, Richt, Spurrier, Miles, Tubbs, and Meyer have all won SEC championships since Fulmer last won one... and most of those guys have gotten the better of Phil in head to head match ups since then, as well.
semantics, i know.......but Spurrier and Richt would disagree, right now.

actually, i guess you just need to hire nick saban and all your problems are solved.:)

I'd actually support a state tax for that purpose. One, because he is good and two because it would be worth watching the fallout from the Bama fan base.

You're just now getting around to realizing that you've been talking out of your head?

I'm talking about your point that someone's loyalty should be held against them when you consider whether to give them a raise or not. Employees should be given raises based on their performance and loyalty should be a positive... and that is without regard to whether you or I think CPF is loyal or deserving of a raise or not.

Why did he receive a raise?

i mentioned PJ deserves GURU status at the beginning of this thread and I feel the need to add that Jakez continues to show why he is a GURU. When I think of the people I would trust when they had news or made a statement, I often overlook him (probably because of the whole being a steelers fan thing), but he definitely knows his stuff. I've been gone for over two hours and this thread has exploded, but Jakez has made just about every point that needs to be made.
:hi:well, thank you.

VN Store

Back