New Pay Raise for Fulmer Announced (Merged)

What Do you think about Fulmer's raise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I didn't feel like reading through pages and pages to see if this has been covered -probably has. But if Fulmer is now averaging 2.99 mil a year. Where does that place him among the top ten highest paid coaches in the nation?

So I didn't feel like reading through pages and pages to see if this has been covered -probably has. But if Fulmer is now averaging 2.99 mil a year. Where does that place him among the top ten highest paid coaches in the nation?

Slightly above average in the SEC

still puts him at 4th in the SEC not sure about the country

He's still only 4th in the conference in annual salary. If you liked him before, you still like him. If you hated him before, you still hate him.

He's 7th based on his 2008 salary but 4th if you divide out the average of the 7 years.

there's a start for you...

So, we could argue we are kings of the crappy bottom dwellers?

I wouldnt say that. I think UGA and UF would love to have been where we were last year. CPF needs to win the SEC and a national title soon. Like I said earlier. I dont think he is nearly as bad as some on here think and I dont think he is nearly as good.

In theory, you are right. The funny thing though is that people always think they know every job that has been offered or turned down.

OK, if you had to speculate, who right now (or in the past 9 years) would make a serious run at Fulmer AND offer him the same amount of money that Tennessee is paying him?

I remember some whispers about the Carolina Panthers ringing his phone after the national championship and maybe a handful more in that same time period, but can you name any other prgram that would really threaten to make a run at a coach that is 57-58 years old that is going 9 years without a conference title and has a losing record to Meyer, Spurrier, Saban, and Tubbs, and a losing bowl record this decade?

I wouldnt say that. I think UGA and UF would love to have been where we were last year. CPF needs to win the SEC and a national title soon. Like I said earlier. I dont think he is nearly as bad as some on here think and I dont think he is nearly as good.

His merit says he is in the middle of the pack......

Exactly what you say he is.....

:good!:

he doesn't have to win a NC.......he wins an SEC title.......life will be good for a while.

OK, of you had to speculate, who right now (or in the past 9 years) would make a serious run at Fulmer AND offer him the same amount of money that Tennessee is paying him?

I remember some whispers about the Carolina Panthers ringing his phone after the national championship and maybe a handful more in that same time period, but can you name any other prgram that would really threaten to make a run at a coach that is 57-58 years old that is going 9 years without a conference title and has a losing record to Meyer, Spurrier, Saban, and Tubbs, and a losing bowl record this decade?

UK would say he is just hitting his prime!

:hi:

Not true. Some coaches are viewed as untouchable. It depends on the coach and the situation they're in.

There is no such thing as untouchable. If someone really wanted Phil and they waved enough money in his face, he would be on the first thing hot and out of Knoxville.

orrrrrrr.......give him more money!
reminds me of the Eddie Izzard Cake or Death bit......

"you sir, what have you? tea and cake or Death?"

"uh, cake please".

it's really an easy decision isn't it?

still puts him at 4th in the SEC not sure about the country

Soo, Les Miles, Urban Meyer, and Nick Saban have him beat I suppose? I'd like to see where he falls in relation to Bob Stoops and Pete Carroll. I thought both of those guys were making right at 3 mil a year.

This is what you pay for!

O88545.jpg

There is no such thing as untouchable. If someone really wanted Phil and they waved enough money in his face, he would be on the first thing hot and out of Knoxville.

Disagree. It would be an amount of money that would make A-Rod's baseball salary look like minimum wage. For all his faults, Fulmer really only cares about coaching UT.

i don't believe that. that may have been true 10-12 years ago.....but not now.

I disagree on the untouchable part. Tell me why no one went after Bowden or Paterno when they were younger and winning a lot? Certain coaches at certain situations are viewed as pretty much untouchable. CPF has had how many years at the school he played for?

Soo, Les Miles, Urban Meyer, and Nick Saban have him beat I suppose? I'd like to see where he falls in relation to Bob Stoops and Pete Carroll. I thought both of those guys were making right at 3 mil a year.

I know Stoops is over $3mil but Carroll's is never released since USC is private I believe. Can't see Pete under $3mil ever

VN Store

Back