New Pay Raise for Fulmer Announced (Merged)

What Do you think about Fulmer's raise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That about sums it up. It is a raise based on the "well this is how we do things and always have" concept. He is already making insane money, and by the way, doing so at his dream job I am sure. These people act like they are actually having to negotiate to get him to stay.
What is the matter with just letting the existing contract expire?

Oh... silly me. We have to put on a front for recruiting purposes. I suppose in 2 years we'll have to give him another extension.

brinks_truck.jpg

so this is off topic but how long until a mod has fun with the poll results and we have a runaway winner with 6,832,094 votes?

i mentioned PJ deserves GURU status at the beginning of this thread and I feel the need to add that Jakez continues to show why he is a GURU. When I think of the people I would trust when they had news or made a statement, I often overlook him (probably because of the whole being a steelers fan thing), but he definitely knows his stuff. I've been gone for over two hours and this thread has exploded, but Jakez has made just about every point that needs to be made.

Volfanbill to JakeZ :air_kiss:

Why did he receive a raise?

Because someone... with more authority and a different opinion than me decided he deserved one.

I've defended the guy when people attacked him in ways I thought were unfair. I believe he can lead the program back to a championship and stands a better chance of doing so than if UT gets another guy.

However, he failed miserably as a leader from the NC to 05. He wasn't proactive... or even effectively reactive. He let Sanders run the O into the ground and squander some good defenses. He let team discipline get out of whack.

The last two years have been positive but IMO he shouldn't be out of the woods yet. Someone with a fancy orange pen disagrees though.

I would fully agree that he trended down from 98 to 05. There has been an uptick since... but the job isn't finished... so he shouldn't be getting any automatic money.

I would definelty call 9-4 and 10-4 improvements over 5-6. But when you step away from it, what is the point? We still can't compete with the big boys in the conference and we are struggling to beat the likes of USC, Vandy, and Kentucky in overtime affairs.

What is the matter with just letting the existing contract expire?

Well you could take that in two ways, but yea I know what you are saying. We have to make sure no one steals him and oh yeah, reward that loyalty. Do loyal fans get charged less for tickets?

Because someone... with more authority and a different opinion than me decided he deserved one.

I've defended the guy when people attacked him in ways I thought were unfair. I believe he can lead the program back to a championship and stands a better chance of doing so than if UT gets another guy.

However, he failed miserably as a leader from the NC to 05. He wasn't proactive... or even effectively reactive. He let Sanders run the O into the ground and squander some good defenses. He let team discipline get out of whack.

The last two years have been positive but IMO he shouldn't be out of the woods yet. Someone with a fancy orange pen disagrees though.

The business managers are at fault?

This is actually on Hamilton?

based on today's news, i'd say the contrary.......

If CPF won the SEC this year then the NC next year... he'd be making $3.9 million. Saban makes $4 million, right? It would take more than that to get him to move.

I would definelty call 9-4 and 10-4 improvements over 5-6. But when you step away from it, what is the point? We still can't compete with the big boys in the conference and we are struggling to beat the likes of USC, Vandy, and Kentucky in overtime affairs.

How did the National Champions do against KY last year? Oh snap

Yea, Georgia had such an easy time with USC and Vandy this year.

LSU waltzed all over Kentucky last year.

oh wait... nevermind

OE, if he won the NC and SEC in consecutive years... would he deserve more than Saban?

Yes... unless Fulmer signs his own check...

Regardless of whether YOU think he deserves it or not... Do you blame CPF for taking it?

1.) Why would any one in their right mind refuse a raise.......

2.) Yes, I think it is Hamilton's fault........

I enjoy the bickering through the posts!

:)

VN Store

Back