New Pay Raise for Fulmer Announced (Merged)

What Do you think about Fulmer's raise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would definelty call 9-4 and 10-4 improvements over 5-6. But when you step away from it, what is the point? We still can't compete with the big boys in the conference and we are struggling to beat the likes of USC, Vandy, and Kentucky in overtime affairs.

Competing? Yes. Beating? No.

That's why I don't think his contract should have included any raises that weren't linked to performance.

If CPF won the SEC this year then the NC next year... he'd be making $3.9 million. Saban makes $4 million, right? It would take more than that to get him to move.

If Fulmer goes to Atlanta this year, the contract that we are talking about will get torn up and he will be given another golden parachute with more years added on to it. That is what is so sickening about this whole deal. He could actually get more money by just maintaining the same level of mediocrity.

I can't help but wonder about some of these posts. I didn't have time to read every one... I don't think Fulmer has done anything to merit a raise. Usually in a situation like this, you either give a raise to a)keep him around or b)reward for a championship etc. No matter what you think of him, Fulmer is going nowhere and he hasn't won anything since '98. My biggest beef is the buyout, that is just ridiculous. Extensions mean nothing, and if you want to give him a raise, fine, but the buyout is ludicrous.

So, I'm thinking the coaches making more than Fulmer are (in no particular order)...

Charlie Weis
Pete Carroll
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer
Les Miles
Nick Saban

Looks like he's got Mack Brown and Jim Tressel beat.

Fulmer wouldn't take a job anywhere else. Why would he?

He gets millions a year to:

Get stomped by rivals
Not win the SEC
Let recruiting fall off
And make endless excuses

And there appears to be absolutely no expectation from the university of him winning the SEC. This contract couldn't happen if there was.

Why would he turn down this gravy train?(not that he'd even be offered). The expectation has been lowered from winning the SEC every 5 years to competing for the SEC East. He's friends with several BOT members and big time donors. Even going in on a business venture with Thornton. And he has a fanbase that, apparently, will eat up his every excuse as if youth, injuries, refs somehow validate 9 years without winning the SEC.

He has it made!

Disagree. It would be an amount of money that would make A-Rod's baseball salary look like minimum wage. For all his faults, Fulmer really only cares about coaching UT.

You're seriously delusional. Fulmer isn't loyal. He doesn't go anywhere else because a) Nobody wants him, b) He' grossly overpaid as it is; and c) He's not about to leave the gravy train to go somewhere else where they might actually hold him accountable for his poor performance. He's got it made. No matter how poorly he performs, UT gives him more money.

Tressel_in_grey_sweatervest.jpg

The took the KY loss out on tOSU in New Orleans... then they hoisted the trophy.

that's irrelevant to your fact about struggling against the bottom feeders though. They still struggled. So did UGA. For that matter, Mississippi gave Florida all they wanted and then some.

The took the KY loss out on tOSU in New Orleans... then they hoisted the trophy.

I know they won the BCS title hence the question how the NATIONAL CHAMPS did against KY. My point is that we were and are not the only ones who are having to earn the wins against the KY's and Vandys now days.

So, I'm thinking the coaches making more than Fulmer are (in no particular order)...

Charlie Weis
Pete Carroll
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer
Les Miles
Nick Saban

I thought Ferentz was absurdly high too

You're seriously delusional. Fulmer isn't loyal. He doesn't go anywhere else because a) Nobody wants him, b) He' grossly overpaid as it is; and c) He's not about to leave the gravy train to go somewhere else where they might actually hold him accountable for his poor performance. He's got it made. No matter how poorly he performs, UT gives him more money.

I'm not a Fulmer supporter, but there's no question about where his loyalties stands. At this point in his career, he truly only cares about UT. I'm not delusional in the slightest. He would have rode off into the sunset a long time ago if he didn't think he was still the man for the job at Rocky Top.

Charlie Weis
Pete Carroll
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer
Les Miles
Nick Saban

Ferentz at Iowa reportedly makes over $3 million.

If Fulmer goes to Atlanta this year, the contract that we are talking about will get torn up and he will be given another golden parachute with more years added on to it. That is what is so sickening about this whole deal. He could actually get more money by just maintaining the same level of mediocrity.

You could be right but I really doubt it. The contract seems to be written in a way to avoid renegotiating if he has success. It also seems to be a statement that there's a big difference between getting there and winning it. $250k vs $500k.

But that's even a bigger difference considering that it is a raise and not a bonus. If he wins the SEC this year, he makes $500k more over the next two years than if he'd just made the CG.

That seems to be pretty intelligent too. It gives incentive for winning NOW.

... This seems to be fairly accurate.

Attachments

• salaries.jpg
    salaries.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1
I'm not a Fulmer supporter, but there's no question about where his loyalties stands. At this point in his career, he truly only cares about UT. I'm not delusional in the slightest. He would have rode off into the sunset a long time ago if he didn't think he was still the man for the job at Rocky Top.

Yes. You are seriously delusional. He's not leaving UT until he's forced out. He's going to take every orange UT dollar that he can get his hands on. His loyalty is to the almighty dollar. He hasn't gone elsewhere because nobody's been offering him a job.

Fulmer wouldn't take a job anywhere else. Why would he?

He gets millions a year to:

Get stomped by rivals
Not win the SEC
Let recruiting fall off
And make endless excuses

And there appears to be absolutely no expectation from the university of him winning the SEC. This contract couldn't happen if there was.

Why would he turn down this gravy train?(not that he'd even be offered). The expectation has been lowered from winning the SEC every 5 years to competing for the SEC East. He's friends with several BOT members and big time donors. Even going in on a business venture with Thornton. And he has a fanbase that, apparently, will eat up his every excuse as if youth, injuries, refs somehow validate 9 years without winning the SEC.

He has it made!

Real easy to be loyal when people are throwing raises at you like rice at a wedding. A good test of his loyalty would be if Hamilton actually asked Fulmer to do his job for $1.5 million.

Yes. You are seriously delusional. He's not leaving UT until he's forced out. He's going to take every orange UT dollar that he can get his hands on. His loyalty is to the almighty dollar.

so now you're slightly changing your story. Fulmer probably never will concede that he's not the right man for the job. I never said he would. How does that make me delusional? One thing is for certain though, Fulmer, even if offered, won't take a job at any other football program, pro or college.

so now you're slightly changing your story. Fulmer probably never will concede that he's not the right man for the job. I never said he would. How does that make me delusional? One thing is for certain though, Fulmer, even if offered, won't take a job at any other football program, pro or college.

Once again, that's crap. If the money were right, he'd be gone in a blur. There's zero chance of that ever happening because other than the Fulmerites, the rest of the country realizes that Fulmer is a lousy coach.

You never said that Fulmer would concede that he's not the right man for the job? Then what exactly did you mean by this quote? "He would have rode off into the sunset a long time ago if he didn't think he was still the man for the job at Rocky Top."

VN Store

Back