New Pay Raise for Fulmer Announced (Merged)

What Do you think about Fulmer's raise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After going through roughly 500 posts I have came to this conclusion.

1. PJ is exactly right in his first post.

2. You know what? If you don't like it get off your ass and do something about it. If you feel so moved and detest the raise so much then do something. Sit down, craft a plan, research, statistically figure out how much he should be paid, warp it all nice in a Power Point with an adjoing report and send it to Mike Hamilton. Enter your resume' for the Athletic Director position. Something.

As for sitting here and talking in circles about Phil Fulmer and how much money he makes, screw it, I'm done with it.

This time, I never started. It's been fun to watch others share their grief with the only man on the planet who has coached UT to a National Championship! I especially enjoy the incentives he'll get for winning the East. That's not easy and it deserves a reward!

Go Fulmer!
Go Vols!

This time, I never started. It's been fun to watch others share their grief with the only man on the planet who has coached UT to a National Championship! I especially enjoy the incentives he'll get for winning the East. That's not easy and it deserves a reward!

Go Fulmer!
Go Vols!

Set your Fulmer loyalties aside and put on your MBA hat.

How does it make sense to pay well over market (I would assert double in this case) for the service of a head coach who hasn't met the public expectations of his boss (2 SEC championships every 10 years)?

Why should an underperformer - against very measurable criteria - be paid much greater than market?

How does it make sense to pay well over market (I would assert double in this case) for the service of a head coach who hasn't met the public expectations of his boss (2 SEC championships every 10 years)?

Why should an underperformer - against very measurable criteria - be paid much greater than market?

Exactly, this deal is so completely one sided that you have to question Hamilton's competence and/or honesty. The AD is supposed to represent the interests of the athletic program, not the coach. If this is the deal they agreed on after months of negotiations, what could have possibly been Fulmer's initial requests?

With the automatic extensions, this contract is in essence a lifetime deal for Phil with a huge $5 million pill for UT to swallow if they want to get rid of him. What did Phil leave on the table to get this?

Check his performance against the criteria set for incentives. The incentives are correct. His performance against them has not been outstanding, but it has not been horrible either.

I'm not willing to concede that CUM is a better coach yet. If Saban was honest, he might be. Spurrier is the only guy to which I tip my hat at this stage. All else... give them more time.

In short, Fulmer is the best man for the job. There's absolutely no reason to dismantle the football program at UT. It's alive and well! Tune in this fall.

Exactly, this deal is so completely one sided that you have to question Hamilton's competence and/or honesty. The AD is supposed to represent the interests of the athletic program, not the coach. If this is the deal they agreed on after months of negotiations, what could have possibly been Fulmer's initial requests?

With the automatic extensions, this contract is in essence a lifetime deal for Phil with a huge $5 million pill for UT to swallow if they want to get rid of him. What did Phil leave on the table to get this?

If Hamilton doesn't get a raise for recognizing Fulmer with a 'spot on' raise, it's the University President's judgment that needs to be questioned.

Check his performance against the criteria set for incentives. The incentives are correct. His performance against them has not been outstanding, but it has not been horrible either.

I'm not willing to concede that CUM is a better coach yet. If Saban was honest, he might be. Spurrier is the only guy to which I tip my hat at this stage. All else... give them more time.

In short, Fulmer is the best man for the job. There's absolutely no reason to dismantle the football program at UT. It's alive and well! Tune in this fall.

You are hands down the biggest homer and optimist alive!

UTMBA93, we can't find someone to win more than 38.2% of the time against competitive opponents? That's Homer Hamilton's boys' record since 2001. I would think if anyone had any self respect at all they would not accept such a high failure rate. You call this alive and well????? Sorry, pass your orange koolaid - on second thought, pour it out. That poison has us right where we are now. Are you a Gator trying to convince us to keep the status quo?

UTMBA93, we can't find someone to win more than 38.2% of the time against competitive opponents? That's Homer Hamilton's boys' record since 2001. I would think if anyone had any self respect at all they would not accept such a high failure rate. You call this alive and well????? Sorry, pass your orange koolaid - on second thought, pour it out. That poison has us right where we are now. Are you a Gator trying to convince us to keep the status quo?

2001? Sorry... I've already had my 7th birthday, so my memory goes further back. I'm just too old for your chosen stats, I suppose.

LG (the resident Gator Homer) is on your side, not mine. Wonder why?

2001? Sorry... I've already had my 7th birthday, so my memory goes further back. I'm just too old for your chosen stats, I suppose.

LG (the resident Gator Homer) is on your side, not mine. Wonder why?

Right, every place I've ever worked they always look back to what I did 10 years ago to decide what my compensation will be for the next 7 years. It makes more sense to judge an employee's ability on what they did a decade ago instead of the past few years.

Right, every place I've ever worked they always look back to what I did 10 years ago to decide what my compensation will be for the next 7 years. It makes more sense to judge an employee's ability on what they did a decade ago instead of the past few years.

I suspect they considered his entire career and not just the past 10 years. If they just looked at his NC season, he'd be making a whole lot more.

Yeah, but winning 8 games must mean a lot to Hamilton since Phil automaticlly gets an extra year for every 8 win season. An 8-5 season is apparently a successful one at UT now.

The contract was absurd, but the 8 win clause puts it to pure lunacy.

Undeniable proof Tennessee is rewarding underachievment. They honestly don't care.

:whistling:

I suspect they considered his entire career and not just the past 10 years. If they just looked at his NC season, he'd be making a whole lot more.

They can't even have considered this decade when they made this joke of a contract.

we are if you keep bringing up a coach that is undefeated against our coach as inferior to our coach.

it's really hard to argue 3-0 mba......

The contract was absurd, but the 8 win clause puts it to pure lunacy.

Undeniable proof Tennessee is rewarding underachievment. They honestly don't care.

Wonder if that was negotiated up from 7-6 (or simply a 'winning' season proposal)?

I said 'yet;' therein lies the argument.
not really. what's the benchmark......4-0? 5-0? or 10-0?

you can say 'yet' for a long time.

wont' change the fact we have 'yet' to beat him.

and that's all that matters.

not really. what's the benchmark......4-0? 5-0? or 10-0?

you can say 'yet' for a long time.

wont' change the fact we have 'yet' to beat him.

and that's all that matters.

You've got the right idea. It's insuffiecient data at this point. More is needed.

Holding serve against UF is acceptable to me. CPF was one point away from doing that in a year in which UF won the NC. That's why this year's UF game has extra importance. We can't really afford to lose two home games in a row against them. Thus, 4-0 is a much bigger deal, in my opinion, than is 3-0. Extenuating circumstances would include losing twice in a row at home to the eventual NC--which would be an even more devastating reality! I'm not ready for that.

You've got the right idea. It's insuffiecient data at this point. More is needed.

Holding serve against UF is acceptable to me. CPF was one point away from doing that in a year in which UF won the NC. That's why this year's UF game has extra importance. We can't really afford to lose two home games in a row against them. Thus, 4-0 is a much bigger deal, in my opinion, than is 3-0. Extenuating circumstances would include losing twice in a row at home to the eventual NC--which would be an even more devastating reality! I'm not ready for that.

Meyer will never be the coach Fulmer is..

VN Store

Back