New Uniform Pictures

he may need to break them out for ga because if ducks n gators blow us out ga game is going to be pivotal to get the team focused n jacked for first home game imo.. lose to ga n wheels may come off on team focus.

Good point.

I'd rather not change the helmet, to be honest. It's very distinct. Align the secondary parts of the uniform to be white with orange accents (white socks, white shoes with orange, white undershirt with orange checkerboard).

That would look sharp with a white undershirt.

Early in Tennessee there was just East and West culturally....East being the first settlers, many had Revolutionary War vets in family etc. So more loyal to union, and no love for plantations, small farms, frontiersman tradition. West Tennessee was more recent immigration and a lot of old European money set up the plantations etc. Anything west of Appalachian culture and first generation settlements was "west"...

And yes I misspelled Guerrilla.... :mf_surrender:

I once looked at the results of county voting for secession in East Tennessee. The first vote was largely to stay with the union, but after the attack in SC, there was a second vote. This time, the vote swung heavily in favor of secession even in the East.

History lesson,

East Tn mostly sided with the Union and tried to secede from west Tennessee over it. Before the war even started they had to bring up troops from Georgia, and Alabama to try and control east Tennessee against it's will. West tn men went to the south and joined the Confederacy, but as many in East Tn went north and joined the Union. Many who stayed here were apart of gorilla warfare efforts and burning bridges and otherwise destroying infrastructure. Look up the "Bridge Burners" sometime... Crack a history book. East TN = Appalachia = Union, West Tennessee = Plantations = Confederacy. Early on in football tradition this was part of the angst between Tennessee and Alabama, People in the 20's and 30's still knew the family stories.....it was still a apart of fighting that old war.

This x 14 septillion! Thanks!

Typically, any changes/additions will elicit both positive and negative reactions. We're already seeing this in the responses from fans to the new UT uniform.

Both sides have their opinion, but it doesn't mean either is "correct" in their position. It is just the nature of a transition.

With that said, I'm excited about the new look for special occasions, as well as the (IMO) improved traditional uniforms that we've being seeing the last few days.

Sharp. Love 'em. You can actually read the numbers and words with the contrast and white outlining the orange. Glad Butch and the players are wanting to be current with the uniforms.

Here are the gloves

If u pay attention DP isn't always right he missed the boat a few times not sure how reliable he is.

When?

The only time I've seen it was the black jerseys for Kiffin, and even then he wasn't actually wrong since Kiffin went rogue to get them.

Love the alternate grey uniform!

Unexpected bonus for me is that my house is already that color! :good!:

I'm not sure which is funnier; the ones that have long wanted new uniforms and get these but complain about the socks/helmets/etc., or the ones that are against any new uniforms and are complaining about them existing period.

You're acting like its the same people saying those things which isn't necessarily true. By far most like it, and it's normal to say that you would like for this or that to happen to make it even better. You dont like them?

I once looked at the results of county voting for secession in East Tennessee. The first vote was largely to stay with the union, but after the attack in SC, there was a second vote. This time, the vote swung heavily in favor of secession even in the East.

Get a copy of the book The Rebellion in Bradly County it gives county by county raw votes, East remained for staying within the Union. Nashville fixed the vote, and there's even quotes in papers where they bragged. Votes in East Tn did not change that much in MOST counties... Judging by your avatar you may be a bit biased. For the record my ancestors fought on both sides, it's just history. But it does a lot in the way of explaining the rifts between East Tennessee and Alabama....and Chattanooga and Atlanta....

Last edited:

VN Store

Back