Nico to start the bowl game? Confirmed

@SDV can you file one of them class action suites against RGW News for trolling and not trolling VN??

Last edited:
Hard to keep a straight face when someone gets trolled by Richard G. West at this point.
Oh I agree about Richard West but I read several days ago that AP had heard rumblings about Nico starting. It's not always RW.

Oh I agree about Richard West but I read several days ago that AP had heard rumblings about Nico starting. It's not always RW.
It was really two separate issues. I don't think anybody really had a problem with moving on from Joe if that's what happened. The disagreement was over the fantasy that Heupel was going to somehow bench a Senior QB if he didn't opt out. That would have been a tough look and likely just wasn't going to happen. Now, none of that matters.

More from the RGW News Team

(Let's not look at the location of these seats too closely)

Prices up in an hour, you say? Hmm. Almost as if a group or partnership of groups has control of enough of the tickets to artificially set prices and test the elasticity of demand ...

In the current state of college football, this is basically a win-win for everyone associated with UT Vols football regardless of whether we win or lose against Iowa. Like many others have said, it would have been hard for Heup to start 8 in front of Milton. The Vols would very likely have struggled mightily against Iowa's defense (and still may) given what we're able to put on the field after transfers, opt-outs, injuries, etc. 8 gives the Vols a chance to not only win the game but also gain the experience of starting and ending an entire game, on a neutral field, against a talented and recognized program. I love it all, wish Milton the best and am ready to move on to 8, who I am confident is a better fit for Heup's O scheme. GBO! Prediction: Vols 24 Hawkeyes 18.

Prices up in an hour, you say? Hmm. Almost as if a group or partnership of groups has control of enough of the tickets to artificially set prices and test the elasticity of demand ...
They aren't up and are actually going down. That's a troll account

Don’t expect to much just yet from Nico. He’s going against one of the best defenses in the NCAA. There will be an adjustment period before he gets into his game. That being said I believe he will perform well. I believe we win the game, but closer than most think.

If this is true, it sounds like Milton was being pushed out the door, so Nico could finally get some much needed playing time.

Personal opinion, but Joe wanted to start this game and have a good first series to help improve his draft stock.
A good first series in a meaningless bowl game isn’t going to improve anybody’s draft stock. The pros know all they need to know about Joe and somebody will take a flyer on him in the late rounds on draft day. I’d be surprised if he goes any higher than Round 5 but that’s just an opinion.

I think it’s great that Nico is going to get to go up against a really good defense in a game where the result really doesn’t matter. Win-win for UT.

Don’t expect to much just yet from Nico. He’s going against one of the best defenses in the NCAA. There will be an adjustment period before he gets into his game. That being said I believe he will perform well. I believe we win the game, but closer than most think.
That Iowa defense played only two good teams and lost 31-0 to Penn State and 26-0 to Michigan.

Good job West. There were those who ignored Paul Revere too. Tip of the cap to the man who proceeded with confidence and never wavered from his information!!

VN Store

Back