Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Playing behind Boston, she averaged 18 minutes and 10 pts plus 8.5 rebounds and 2 blocks per game. Extrapolate that over say 28-30 minutes per game and her numbers are elite. She runs the floor as fast as most of the smaller players, and at 6’7” that is saying something about her athleticism. She will be first team All SEC this year, I have no question about that. DS is going to use her as a center piece of the offense, as she should. Cardoso is really good scoring from the post.
The last time Tamari faced South Carolina, Cardozo managed 2 points in 20 minutes. Tamari also held Boston in check until Boston started hitting some outside shots. Tamari played 26 minutes in that game and managed a 10 point 10 block double double. I look forward to seeing that matchup this year.

Extrapolate that over say 28-30 minutes per game
Extrapolations rarely prove out. The totals don't take into consideration conditioning, level of effort and level of competition. Last year Cardoza knew her job was to give it her all for 4-5 minutes at a time. Also when Boston went out the competition's top post defender went out to get a breather. To assume that Cardoza will have the same results over a full game against the top defenders is unfounded speculation at its best.

Yall sleeping on Cardosa, she’s going to be one of the best and most productive bigs in the country this year.

Naw, who they sleeping on is Jill! I think she will be the X factor and is so mobile and has extended range for 6'5".

Cardosa def needs more shine especially over Kitley and i said what i said about her 😂 because TK gave that girl the business 😂

Playing behind Boston, she averaged 18 minutes and 10 pts plus 8.5 rebounds and 2 blocks per game. Extrapolate that over say 28-30 minutes per game and her numbers are elite. She runs the floor as fast as most of the smaller players, and at 6’7” that is saying something about her athleticism. She will be first team All SEC this year, I have no question about that. DS is going to use her as a center piece of the offense, as she should. Cardoso is really good scoring from the post.

Cardoso is good player. We will see soon just how dominant a post player she will be this season.

Jillian Hollingshead and Tamari Key “about to Rock on Rocky Top” as our 2025 5-star G and projected McD All-American commit Nyla Brooks says it GBO… Lets GBO🍊!

Naw, who they sleeping on is Jill! I think she will be the X factor and is so mobile and has extended range for 6'5".

Cardosa def needs more shine especially over Kitley and i said what i said about her 😂 because TK gave that girl the business 😂
I just hope she gets the minutes. I thought last year she could’ve played way more than she did and should’ve been starting at one point! I hope she shines this year alongside TK!

But I’m sorry, since we were in the Non-Lady Vol thread, I thought we were talking about Non-Lady Vols 😩

🤣🤣 give it a minute it’ll be more folks on here defending an opposing player than in any other thread doing the same for our elite players!
I mean Jewel Spear was just ranked the #4 transfer via the portal and it barely was much of anything said on that topic when it was convenient to the LVs.
You are 100% right about Jillian too. She about to wake these folks up.
But again, good luck to the Non-Vol squads, players, and thread lovers on here🫶.

Yall sleeping on Cardosa, she’s going to be one of the best and most productive bigs in the country this year.
Cardozo is a big time center, she does what u need a center to do in my opinion, she plays big, keeps the ball high, makes easy layups, holds the ball strong and doesn’t get the ball snatched out of her hands from small guards, among other things.

🤣🤣 give it a minute it’ll be more folks on here defending an opposing player than in any other thread doing the same for our elite players!
I mean Jewel Spear was just ranked the #4 transfer via the portal and it barely was much of anything said on that topic when it was convenient to the LVs.
You are 100% right about Jillian too. She about to wake these folks up.
But again, good luck to the Non-Vol squads, players, and thread lovers on here🫶.
I’ve been high on Spear since the beginning so that was no surprise to me, I didn’t agree with a few other rankings.

I just hope she gets the minutes. I thought last year she could’ve played way more than she did and should’ve been starting at one point! I hope she shines this year alongside TK!

But I’m sorry, since we were in the Non-Lady Vol thread, I thought we were talking about Non-Lady Vols 😩

Oh you right well... hmm... We have Jill, who played at UGA and they could use a post... Phew ... saved it 😂😂😂

And hey i made it about Cardosa and Kitley 😂

Oh you right well... hmm... We have Jill, who played at UGA and they could use a post... Phew ... saved it 😂😂😂

And hey i made it about Cardosa and Kitley 😂
Really looking forward to those matchups! Wonder how Kellie is going to set rotations against Cardosa?

Extrapolations rarely prove out. The totals don't take into consideration conditioning, level of effort and level of competition. Last year Cardoza knew her job was to give it her all for 4-5 minutes at a time. Also when Boston went out the competition's top post defender went out to get a breather. To assume that Cardoza will have the same results over a full game against the top defenders is unfounded speculation at its best.
You are right, my bad. Uconn has never had highly rated prospects make a big jump in production in a season where their minutes increased dramatically following the graduation of starters. What was I thinking? Oh yeah, did you watch any of the Americas Cup this summer where Cardoso was the starting center for the gold medal winning team and the tournaments most dominant player? Probably doesn’t mean anything either.

You are right, my bad. Uconn has never had highly rated prospects make a big jump in production in a season where their minutes increased dramatically following the graduation of starters. What was I thinking? Oh yeah, did you watch any of the Americas Cup this summer where Cardoso was the starting center for the gold medal winning team and the tournaments most dominant player? Probably doesn’t mean anything either.
Here we go again. 1) I said extrapolations RARELY work out. 2) with extra minutes gross production is expected to increase.
3) I pointed out why extrapolations lead to unrealized expectations. 4) I did not say her production would not go up.
5) I did not say anything negative about Cardoso as a player.

My opinion is that she could easily increase productivity by 50% to 15/12 and be an All American.

I made an observation about extrapolation and used Tonya as an example. Why bring UConn into a discussion. Oh yeah, I forgot. UConn lives in your head.

Oh yeah, did you watch any of the Americas Cup this summer where Cardoso was the starting center for the gold medal winning team and the tournaments most dominant player? Probably doesn’t mean anything either.
I've said several times, why was that tourney so overlooked? We've had one, exactly one, chance to see these players play several actual games. We don't have to speculate bout who's doing what.

Cardoso was very, very good and completely deserving of her gold medal winning team's MVP. Same with USA's MVP, Rickea. Yet those two are the most slept on in pre season hype. I'll be very surprised if both aren't first team ALL SEC.

Here we go again. 1) I said extrapolations RARELY work out. 2) with extra minutes gross production is expected to increase.
3) I pointed out why extrapolations lead to unrealized expectations. 4) I did not say her production would not go up.
5) I did not say anything negative about Cardoso as a player.

My opinion is that she could easily increase productivity by 50% to 15/12 and be an All American.

I made an observation about extrapolation and used Tonya as an example. Why bring UConn into a discussion. Oh yeah, I forgot. UConn lives in your head.
I also don't think it has been mentioned that Brazil put a whole bunch of pros on the perimeter around cardoza who could shoot and skillfully get the ball to the post, therefore you couldn't play a zone or pack the middle against them giving a lot more opportunities to Cordosa. Also, Cardosa didn't play well against players her size. Had etheridge played Betts a little bit more rather than an out of shape, overrated 6-3 Angel Reese and that final may have been a little bit different. I think the coaching staff was praying that the real angel Reese would eventually show up and she never did, although she doesn't play well against height either

I've said several times, why was that tourney so overlooked? We've had one, exactly one, chance to see these players play several actual games. We don't have to speculate bout who's doing what.

Cardoso was very, very good and completely deserving of her gold medal winning team's MVP. Same with USA's MVP, Rickea. Yet those two are the most slept on in pre season hype. I'll be very surprised if both aren't first team ALL SEC.
Rickea is already a first team All-Sec performer. Better comment for Rickea is I would be surprised if she's not a first team All American this year considering she got votes on multiple All American teams a year ago

I can't believe that Iowa, with Caitlin Clark back, didn't sign a single top transfer. I would think that Iowa would have been
a very appealing destination, what with its runnerup finish last season. A major missed opportunity, especially because Iowa
lost a couple of its bigs, including the inside player who was their second leading scorer last season.

I can't believe that Iowa, with Caitlin Clark back, didn't sign a single top transfer. I would think that Iowa would have been
a very appealing destination, what with its runnerup finish last season. A major missed opportunity, especially because Iowa
lost a couple of its bigs, including the inside player who was their second leading scorer last season.
Circumstances that makes one wonder, hmmm.?

Reactions: LVsinceJV
It rarely works like that. Sometimes players are more effective as reserves. And their flaws become more impactful with more playing time. Having to keep out of foul trouble will be a test. No Boston on the bench.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Maybe players don’t want to play with her for whatever reason, while players flocked to teams people thought everyone hated.

I also don't think it has been mentioned that Brazil put a whole bunch of pros on the perimeter around cardoza who could shoot and skillfully get the ball to the post, therefore you couldn't play a zone or pack the middle against them giving a lot more opportunities to Cordosa. Also, Cardosa didn't play well against players her size. Had etheridge played Betts a little bit more rather than an out of shape, overrated 6-3 Angel Reese and that final may have been a little bit different. I think the coaching staff was praying that the real angel Reese would eventually show up and she never did, although she doesn't play well against height either
splain that to me Lucy

LSU is often misperceived on this board in various threads as having tremendous NIL money. This is not true. While LSU Athletic Department does well just like UT's due to great fan support across several sports, Louisiana is very poor compared to most other states and they are especially behind almost every other state in successful local businesses. LSU women were so fortunate to get that reputation of having great NIL money due to the transfer Reese who already had significant NIL worth due to her social media presence and the freshman (last year) Flo'Jo who already had a huge following from being a rapper and a successful Americs's Got Talent contestant. It is true that the players furthered themselves once at LSU due to the team's publicity, outsized personalities, and championship which help build their social media followings even further. The fact that the LSU gymnast Dunn got record amounts of NIL money further fed the illusion that LSU was dripping in NIL money, but her money was entirely built from social media and , well, just take a look at her. To her credit, Dunn came out this year and said how the LSU NIL funds were going mostly to the male athletes, so she established a seperate fund for the females. Even on the male side, LSU for the first time is losing in recruiting the biggest football stars in Louisiana to Texas and Texas A&M due to the relatively better NIL deals they can get there. As the most recent one said, I had to make the choice for "the financial security of my family" and not his heart of where he really wanted to play. Sorry for being long-winded, but this area happens to be in my wheelhouse.

Last edited:
LSU is often misperceived on this board in various threads as having tremendous NIL money. This is not true. While LSU Athletic Department does well just like UT's do to great fan support across several sports, Louisiana is very poor compared to most other states and they are especially behind almost every other state in successful local businesses. LSU women were so fortunate to get that reputation of having great NIL money due to the transfer Reese who already had significant NIL worth due to her social media presence and the freshman (last year) Flo'Jo who already had a huge following from being a rapper and a successful Americs's Got Talent contestant. It is true that the players furthered themselves once at LSU due to the team's publicity, outsized personalities, and championship which help build their social media followings even further. The fact that the LSU gymnast Dunn got record amounts of NIL money further fed the illusion that LSU was dripping in NIL money, but her money was entirely built from social media and , well, just take a look at her. To her credit, Dunn came out this year and said how the LSU NIL funds were going mostly to the male athletes, so she established a seperate fund for the females. Even on the male side, LSU for the first time is losing in recruiting the biggest stars football in Louisiana to Texas and Texas A&M due to the relatively better NIL deals they can get there. As the most recent one said, I had to make the choice for "the financial security of my family" and not his heart of where he really wanted to play. Sorry for being long-winded, but this area happens to be in my wheelhouse.
Thank you! 🙂

LSU is often misperceived on this board in various threads as having tremendous NIL money. This is not true. While LSU Athletic Department does well just like UT's due to great fan support across several sports, Louisiana is very poor compared to most other states and they are especially behind almost every other state in successful local businesses. LSU women were so fortunate to get that reputation of having great NIL money due to the transfer Reese who already had significant NIL worth due to her social media presence and the freshman (last year) Flo'Jo who already had a huge following from being a rapper and a successful Americs's Got Talent contestant. It is true that the players furthered themselves once at LSU due to the team's publicity, outsized personalities, and championship which help build their social media followings even further. The fact that the LSU gymnast Dunn got record amounts of NIL money further fed the illusion that LSU was dripping in NIL money, but her money was entirely built from social media and , well, just take a look at her. To her credit, Dunn came out this year and said how the LSU NIL funds were going mostly to the male athletes, so she established a seperate fund for the females. Even on the male side, LSU for the first time is losing in recruiting the biggest football stars in Louisiana to Texas and Texas A&M due to the relatively better NIL deals they can get there. As the most recent one said, I had to make the choice for "the financial security of my family" and not his heart of where he really wanted to play. Sorry for being long-winded, but this area happens to be in my wheelhouse.
Thanks, I’ve been saying that as well.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back