Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Here's the difference between lady Vols "fans" and fans of other teams... UConn lost to unranked NC St. You think any of their "fans" are calling for the coach to be fired or that the season is over??? HIGHLY DOUBT IT! UT fans have to do better.
you can preach it to the choir, but they will never listen.

Reactions: MicCheck12
We have a lot of bad possessions and can't seem to play forty minutes of intelligent basketball.

Yes. Every single one of Kellie's top-5 wins were 2nd half comebacks.

The win vs South Carolina at home in Feb 2021 was a comeback.
The win vs Texas in Nov 2021 was a comeback win
The win vs LSU last year was a comeback.

IMO, the disappointing performances greatly outweigh the above wins.

Reactions: Momto2
Here's the difference between lady Vols "fans" and fans of other teams... UConn lost to unranked NC St. You think any of their "fans" are calling for the coach to be fired or that the season is over??? HIGHLY DOUBT IT! UT fans have to do better.
I mean let’s be fr! Geno has won 11 national championships, of course they’re not calling for his head! Let’s be guided here.

LOL, yeah highly doubt any of their fans are going to call for the head of their coach who has 11 national championships and only last year had a streak of 14 final fours ended only last year.

It shouldn’t be a call for a coaching change.

Yet, some of interviews by the HC and analysis about the team’s defense and rebounding was a head scratcher for me.

Truth is, just build around your roster and focus on what your team will look like.
Don’t worry about what the previous team did.
This teams strength was always going to be offensive scoring.
Just accept that and fix some gaps/breakdowns on the defensive end.

NC State just beat UCONN giving up 81 points. UCONN gave up 92 points.

It’s going to be awhile before two teams with exceptional talent will play a low scoring game in college basketball.. maybe its time to transition with how the sport is evolving.

Last edited:
let’s keep in mind NCSTATE isn’t even ranked although will
be now. state came with a game plan and dominated after the first quarter. us beating them without spears shows we can beat good teams, we just have to STOP digging ourselves a hole to start the game.

That's my point. NC State wasn't ranked in preseason, but they look MUCH better than projected and just beat a team they weren't supposed to beat in a full FORTY minute effort. They looked ready from the start.

We couldn't beat a UCONN team that didn't have Paige AND Azzi - at home. NC State just beat a UConn team with both players available.

That's my point. NC State wasn't ranked in preseason, but they look MUCH better than projected and just beat a team they weren't supposed to beat in a full FORTY minute effort. They looked ready from the start.

We couldn't beat a UCONN team that didn't have Paige AND Azzi - at home. NC State just beat a UConn team with both players available.
This should be the year when we either win a lot of big games or we start thinking about another direction. I like Coach Kellie but we can't keep going in circles forever got to make that push forward sometimes and I think this should be the year that needs to happen.

You do realize what "fans" say or don't say makes not one iota of difference in the real world, right? Therefore no one has to "do better". Doesn't matter, except to irritate other posters.

Wow, NC State! Love it for Wes Moore. Mighty impressive youngsters. LOL at UConn giving up 91. They were way overrated; as of now Paige and Fudd aren't the unstoppable force we thought they'd be. Edwards has terrific footwork; she's going to play in the W for a long time.

On to Stanford and IU. What a fun day! Don't remember a start to season like this in a while.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Waiting for everyone here to call "fire Geno" for giving up 92 points and losing on the road to an unranked team...:rolleyes:

A coach that leads their team to 15 straight final fours deserves the benefit of the doubt. Kellie does NOT.

Many seem to forget even Pat had the occasional, head-scratching loss. I'm thinking of the game vs an unranked Florida team at home in 06. And at Rutgers in 05.

Literally no one was calling for her job. Because, duh.

VN Store

Back