Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If UT lost to an unranked team at home this forum would be buzzing. Iowa did and there is minimal talk here. UT losing by one on the road doesn't look so bad now. UCONN did as well. So parity is happening right now??
Minimal talk because I don't care if Iowa wins or loses so nothing much to say. Plenty to say if Tennessee loses cause I strongly want them to win.

Man the SEC (minus So Car who currently exists on another level) has totally faceplanted to start this season. Our 1 pt loss to a ranked FSU looks good in comparison. LSU lost to Colorado, Ole Miss lost by 10 to Oklahoma, Georgia got blown out by Belmont, last night Texas A & M got dusted by Purdue, Ky lost to Austin Peay.

I'm not sure any SEC team (except you know who) has beat anyone but a cupcake so far. This is why there's so much skepticism about the league. Hopefully, like last year, several teams will come on strong at the end. But right now, it's a grim result.
I was impressed by Alabamaā€™s monster win over USF last night. USF always has a good team, even though they have been without Puisis so far this season.

If Clark is not hitting threes yes. 2 of 16 from the three. If she hits her normal amount which would be probably seven they win by 8 instead of losing. So she has to perform when she does they can beat anybody.
this season clark is hitting 28.3% of her 3 point attempts. that's 10 points lower than all of last season. She scored 24 points on 32 shots. compare that to bueckers who scored 24 points on 15 shots.

Marta Suarez is making the most of her transfer to Cal. Starting at F, averaging 22 minutes in first two games. Scored 14 pts on 4-7 shooting against Santa Clara and 15 pts against Cal State Bakersfield on 6-12 shooting. Had 6 rebounds in each game plus several assists.

Cal will play Auburn on SEC Network this Friday at 8 pm.
Pac 12 style of play is much better suited got Marta. Granted next year they won't be pac-12. Happy for her.

Rivalry game not hyped up on a major network they donā€™t look as sharp as they did against us

But give credit to FL
They are not a good road team. They were 9 and 9 on the road last season and 14 and 1 at home. Again down the stretch after shooting terribly all game they made the plays to win the game.

Did they ever say names or what they are talking about, or are u speculating?
Angel Reeses Mom started the smack. Then got Fla'jae's and Jasmine Carson moms going. So no, not speculating. Secondly, they may have a championship and may have made tons of money off of NIL deals, but that money goes away just as quick as it came if you are not smart with it and Angel doesn't seem like the brightest star in the sky.

Our opinions on this are our opinions, no need to hash out point by point again. The season (and twitter) will tell this story.

One thing I will say, all the taunting has been tuned way down this season so far. Point of emphasis and quick Ts. In spite of the idiotic "grow the game" talk, I think everyone realized things that went on last year got way out of hand.
Tess Darby getting a T tells us all we need to know about how they are going to handle taunting this year. Hell, she had a smile on her face the whole time lol

FSU trailing at Florida late. so much for our ā€œgood lossā€
Kinda early in the season for that. Hell, with Maryland losing two games to other ranked teams by 30 each, they shouldn't be near the top 25, yet they aren't going anywhere. We had a one-point loss on the road, game one of the season against a ranked team. Florida State should fall somewhere in the top 4 in the ACC this year. It is not going to look like a bad loss.

Last edited:
Angel Reeses Mom started the smack. Then got Fla'jae's and Jasmine Carson moms going. So no, not speculating. Secondly, they may have a championship and may have made tons of money off of NIL deals, but that money goes away just as quick as it came if you are not smart with it and Angel doesn't seem like the brightest star in the sky.
Every team has drama, too bad the mothers are getting involved in this. But once a ā€œChampion youā€™re always a Championā€ letā€™s just focus on getting our beloved team a Championship and not other teams issues.

Reactions: mcannon1
Much as she pisses me off, I really, truly hate this for AR. She'll probably come out of this a martyr and make another million, but I'll bet she just wanted to be a basketball player. Maybe some time away will cool things off and she'll be back. Could be the Moms drug things to the point of no return though.

LSU as a team will be fine. Smith is really playing well and of course Williams is off the chain. I'm curious if FJ will start tonight and if Poole is there and will play. But not curious enough to pay for ESPN+.

Best wishes to Angel, and I mean it. This has to be really, really tough.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Lucy

VN Store

Back