Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

This is true but we all can get a pretty good idea Rickea was benched because she wasn't meeting team expectations in practice and how to conduct herself. I don't know why Angel is benched but i do know Rickea was better because of it. Hoping the same for Angel and I am NOT a LSU fan or Reese. My comment was more because Kellie got her head chewed off for benching Rickea i was just saying i was curious as to would Kim get the same treatment.
I understand and agree. Rickea has matured so much with Kellie. Loved seeing her coach up the others during FSU game. If I try to see them ready for the W in a few months I’d say Rickea is much more ready to play, practice and act like a professional.
Also, I think Kellie might be better equipped to help her players get ready for life. Kim seems pretty transactional to me.

Who?
Either way the answer is they ain’t thinking about that.. that’s what lol..

Underwhelming night in WCB.
UCLA and LSU had less than impressive showings today.
Tennessee controls their own destiny. No team out there that is unbeatable.

Right now WCB is looking like AAU.. a lot of hype and not much substance.

That stuff isn’t going to be winning basketball when it counts.

Conference and tourney play will be when we see the contenders separate from the pretenders.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Now she’s up to a career high 25….Joe Ciampi just said I wonder what Tennessee is thinking right now…
My gut feeling, based on observation, is that is was more personal issues than it was a playing-tiime issue that made Marta transfer.

I'm sure her former Tennessee teammates and staff are nothing but thrilled for Marta to be thriving in that gorgeous California setting.

I understand and agree. Rickea has matured so much with Kellie. Loved seeing her coach up the others during FSU game. If I try to see them ready for the W in a few months I’d say Rickea is much more ready to play, practice and act like a professional.
Also, I think Kellie might be better equipped to help her players get ready for life. Kim seems pretty transactional to me.
Rickea is a much better and more versatile player.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Lucy
Or perhaps her former teammates would expect the 20 point games that both Sara Puckett and Karoline Striplin had to get the same treatment this performance has gotten tonight from supposedly Tennessee fans.

It’s comical the lengths people go to not even get their point across lol… it’s obvious some of you despise the program you claim to support.

Good game and luck the rest of the way Marta.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
So Angel Reese was benched in previous game coaches decision...then she says I will show you , I want even show up for next game...way to be mature ..😏😏😏

I really liked Marta so sad how her situation at UT ended up. Glad she’s doing well
How her situation ended up at UT? Didn't she leave the program due to her mother fighting cancer to return to Spain? I actually thought the LV's continued to support her and allow her to maintain her classes online. It didn't sound as though Marta had any ill will towards Tennessee or Tennessee her, but rather she needed a fresh start more than anything else. Basketball gave her the opportunity to study abroad. Why not take advantage of a warm coastal state like California if the opportunity presents itself?

How her situation ended up at UT? Didn't she leave the program due to her mother fighting cancer to return to Spain? I actually thought the LV's continued to support her and allow her to maintain her classes online. It didn't sound as though Marta had any ill will towards Tennessee or Tennessee her, but rather she needed a fresh start more than anything else. Basketball gave her the opportunity to study abroad. Why not take advantage of a warm coastal state like California if the opportunity presents itself?
I don’t think that was the situation, otherwise she wouldn’t have transferred. I remember not one teammate on her post when she decided to go to Cal, but when other players transferred I saw them congratulating them. No reason to talk about a player that quit on her team, but that’s my opinion.

I just meant constant injuries, in and out of rotation, trying to reestablish herself, then more injuries, THEN on top her mother rip 🙏 😢 , and we def had chemistry issues she didn’t seem happy here

Reactions: glv98 and Dak1219
So Angel Reese was benched in previous game coaches decision...then she says I will show you , I want even show up for next game...way to be mature ..😏😏😏
Yes, and she slapped some old ladies in the nursing home while doing her community service hours in Baton Rouge. I just love how social media has helped us understand what is really happening in the world so much better. It was common knowledge in Baton Rouge that Kim had likely suspended AR and that she was unlikely to be at the game against Southeastern Louisiana. She was even playful saying that people would have to get a ticket to a game to see if Angel would be playing. Kim has since said she hopes AR will be part of the team sooner rather than later.

Yes, and she slapped some old ladies in the nursing home while doing her community service hours in Baton Rouge. I just love how social media has helped us understand what is really happening in the world so much better. It was common knowledge in Baton Rouge that Kim had likely suspended AR and that she was unlikely to be at the game against Southeastern Louisiana. She was even playful saying that people would have to get a ticket to a game to see if Angel would be playing. Kim has since said she hopes AR will be part of the team sooner rather than later.
NIce assessment of defending your LSU and Angel Reese fandom ..keep up the good work...also I am the last individual you'll ever see on Social Media...I just go off what you very knowledgeable individuals post...

Last edited:
And just to prove what kind of person she really is:

She ain't testing, the rest of the world be damned. As someone who was on the front lines during the worst of covid, I want to (metaphorically) choke her and make sure she knows what being unable to breathe feels like.

What a sorry, sad mess. I'm sure it will get sorted, but OTOH I'm not sure how you roll back the things FJ Mom said about Angel on social media. That's where this thing really took off. If only the adults had been warned . . .

She ain't testing, the rest of the world be damned. As someone who was on the front lines during the worst of covid, I want to (metaphorically) choke her and make sure she knows what being unable to breathe feels like.

What a sorry, sad mess. I'm sure it will get sorted, but OTOH I'm not sure how you roll back the things FJ Mom said about Angel on social media. That's where this thing really took off. If only the adults had been warned . . .

Covid was and is so overblown. I'm glad majority of the country finally realized that. Coming from someone else who was on those front lines.

Reactions: VolFuture
Covid was and is so overblown. I'm glad majority of the country finally realized that. Coming from someone else who was on those front lines.
Don't want to get into all the politics, just say your frontline experience was way different from mine. I was in an ICU covid unit from the first day and way before vaccine, and it's not possible to overblow what I saw. And can't unsee. Ever hold a pt's hand while they drowned in their own fluids and no one could do a damn thing? Multiple times? But you do you.

Don't want to get into all the politics, just say your frontline experience was way different from mine. I was in an ICU covid unit from the first day and way before vaccine, and it's not possible to overblow what I saw. And can't unsee. Ever hold a pt's hand while they drowned in their own fluids and no one could do a damn thing? Multiple times? But you do you.
Yep sure have. And I've held the hands of kids that have suffered and died from the flu. I'll take covid patients every day versus some of the things I've seen. Just from my perspective

Kim Mulkey: "It might be Covid, but I ain't testing."

This very well could become a statement that hurts her in recruiting, because there very well could be parents who will read that, then remember how she takes players by the shoulders before putting her face only three inches in front of their faces as she coaches them during games, and they're going to think, "Nope. Kim Mulkey is not going to put my daughter's health first. Kim Mulkey would rather risk infecting my daughter with a potentially deadly virus than check her own personal politics. Nope."

Seriously, this is alarming and disturbing, and if I were a player, parent or fan of LSU, I'd be extremely upset.

Obviously there are a lot of people who will love and agree with her stance. But then a lot of people like THOSE people are now dead because, well, Covid.

I have always defended Kim, but this? I'm so done with her.

Kim Mulkey: "It might be Covid, but I ain't testing."

This very well could become a statement that hurts her in recruiting, because there very well could be parents who will read that, then remember how she takes players by the shoulders before putting her face only three inches in front of their faces as she coaches them during games, and they're going to think, "Nope. Kim Mulkey is not going to put my daughter's health first. Kim Mulkey would rather risk infecting my daughter with a potentially deadly virus than check her own personal politics. Nope."

Seriously, this is alarming and disturbing, and if I were a player, parent or fan of LSU, I'd be extremely upset.

Obviously there are a lot of people who will love and agree with her stance. But then a lot of people like THOSE people are now dead because, well, Covid.

I have always defended Kim, but this? I'm so done with her.
Also it's so incredibly stupid! I want my LVs wrapped in a velvet bubble when they're in public. I don't care how big a denier I am, if I'm a coach in season I am taking ZERO chances. Even if it's the flu, I'd want to know and would quarantine myself until I did know. Can you imagine if covid God forbid sweeps that team and takes various players out for whatever the protocol is? They're kids, they'd be fine but would miss valuable time! Even a self-serving person should be able to see this.

Also it's so incredibly stupid! I want my LVs wrapped in a velvet bubble when they're in public. I don't care how big a denier I am, if I'm a coach in season I am taking ZERO chances. Even if it's the flu, I'd want to know and would quarantine myself until I did know. Can you imagine if covid God forbid sweeps that team and takes various players out for whatever the protocol is? They're kids, they'd be fine but would miss valuable time! Even a self-serving person should be able to see this.
Exactly. And no one ever knows who might have an unknown congenital condition that could be exacerbated by a particularly harsh bout with Covid, because as we have learned, it effects different people different ways, and there's no way to tell how it will effect (or not effect) anyone.

Changing the subject, if anyone saw that Cal vs. Auburn game last night, Auburn has one of the fastest players I've EVER seen. I can't remember her name, but I have a feeling I'll know it well after she plays Tennessee! I don't know if even Kaiya could beat her in a sprint with this player dribbling the ball beside her. Crazy fast. 😳

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back