Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Much as she pisses me off, I really, truly hate this for AR. She'll probably come out of this a martyr and make another million, but I'll bet she just wanted to be a basketball player. Maybe some time away will cool things off and she'll be back. Could be the Moms drug things to the point of no return though.

LSU as a team will be fine. Smith is really playing well and of course Williams is off the chain. I'm curious if FJ will start tonight and if Poole is there and will play. But not curious enough to pay for ESPN+.

Best wishes to Angel, and I mean it. This has to be really, really tough.

I dunno. I feel bad for the negative attention Angel has gotten. A lot of it is her "passion" and people get irritated by it. But one thing is clear her grades were not up to par and that criticism, jokes, whatever you call it was brought on by HER and HER COACH not holding Angel accountable.

Those LSU fans chewed Kellies head off for holding Rickea accountable and keeping her out. Let's hope they keep that same energy with their own coach who has got her player paid but has failed her in other areas.

Do you know if Flae J started and if Poole is there/playing?

I think they'll be fine w HVL, Morrow, Williams, Smith, FJ and the rest. They weren't really going to challenge So Car anyway.

And yes, once again, thanks to all involved and everything holy the Rickea situation turned out as well as it apparently has.

It’s already been said by PEOPLE watching the LSU game now.. they look bad.

Simple as that. And crowning UCONN (like some did before the NC State game) and now South Carolina as early season champions is stupid.
Neither has done anything to say they can’t (won’t) be beaten this season. Just stop it.

Do you know if Flae J started and if Poole is there/playing?

I think they'll be fine w HVL, Morrow, Williams, Smith, FJ and the rest. They weren't really going to challenge So Car anyway.

And yes, once again, thanks to all involved and everything holy the Rickea situation turned out as well as it apparently has.
She came off the bench and I haven’t heard Poole’s name she hasn’t entered the game at all.

Found a box score and answered my own questions. FJ did not start, has played some. HVL has not scored and barely played. Poole (the other one benched along w Angel) appears to be there but has not played. They're basically living off free throws. LSU has shot 10 fts, made them all, lead by 9. SE hasn't shot any fts. Being played on their floor tho,

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A healthy Rickea Jackson and Jewel Spear could go for 40pts and 25pts against LSU
and South Carolina.

Tennessee just needs to work on Tennessee.
None of these teams are unbeatable especially when they go on the road.

I dunno. I feel bad for the negative attention Angel has gotten. A lot of it is her "passion" and people get irritated by it. But one thing is clear her grades were not up to par and that criticism, jokes, whatever you call it was brought on by HER and HER COACH not holding Angel accountable.

Those LSU fans chewed Kellies head off for holding Rickea accountable and keeping her out. Let's hope they keep that same energy with their own coach who has got her player paid but has failed her in other areas.
Not to be mean but Rickea and Angel are totally different young women.

LSU 40-31 halftime. Not one 50-50 call went SE Louisiana way and they are playing at home.

LSU will not go far being carried by an inexperienced player(s). And that will prove true for all schools that are being led by inexperienced players. Stats and highlight films don’t win championships( 8 to be exact on Rocky Top)!
Dawgs win you championships.
Tennessee got dawgs not hype.
Lets GBO🍊.

Okay. Wish we’ll give Sara Puckett, Jasmine Powell, and Kaiya Wynn among others credit for their development as some of these other players are getting that are no longer at Tennessee.

I took a look at the numbers, and Puckett is averaging 16 pts per game. I’ll take that any day of the week. Let’s go Bucket!

Not to be mean but Rickea and Angel are totally different young women.

This is true but we all can get a pretty good idea Rickea was benched because she wasn't meeting team expectations in practice and how to conduct herself. I don't know why Angel is benched but i do know Rickea was better because of it. Hoping the same for Angel and I am NOT a LSU fan or Reese. My comment was more because Kellie got her head chewed off for benching Rickea i was just saying i was curious as to would Kim get the same treatment.

This is true but we all can get a pretty good idea Rickea was benched because she wasn't meeting team expectations in practice and how to conduct herself. I don't know why Angel is benched but i do know Rickea was better because of it. Hoping the same for Angel and I am NOT a LSU fan or Reese. My comment was more because Kellie got her head chewed off for benching Rickea i was just saying i was curious as to would Kim get the same treatment.
We don’t know why Rickea was benched, it could have been anything, it’s not always the players fault, the coach can be wrong as well.

LSU pulling away now, has held SE to just 2 pts in the 3rd, up by about 20.

Big night for FJ, she has 17 off the bench. It appears the Johnsons have won the battle for now.

Morrow continues to struggle, shooting 2-12. HVL just not getting shots up, has only shot twice.

M Williams is the real deal and KM is darn lucky she's got her given this situation.

KM supposed to update on AR postgame.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
LSU pulling away now, has held SE to just 2 pts in the 3rd, up by about 20.

Big night for FJ, she has 17 off the bench. It appears the Johnsons have won the battle for now.

Morrow continues to struggle, shooting 2-12. HVL just not getting shots up, has only shot twice.

M Williams is the real deal and KM is darn lucky she's got her given this situation.
Williams is what a true 5 star recruit looks like

Right. As Lord knows is Fulwiley. And Watkins. And Hildago. We can argue about stars and ratings but we know elite when we see it.
Yes Watkins is my favorite non LV player. Hilda log is great as well, I haven’t watched Fulwiley yet but I’ll see when we play them.

VN Store

Back