Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It's subjective and I'm biased but to me the post LSU win mock dance was just the fun kind of trash talk and in the right context. In the victory circle and after AR had done it to them mercilessly a few months before seemed ok to me. And the Lick Back tik tok Rickea and Jordy made the next morning was masterful. Difference is none of it was done directly in an opponent's face during the game. Certainly no one chased or stalked anyone the way AR did Clark to perform nose to nose for them.

Don't like many of Clark's antics and thought the Raven wave off was reprehensible. Untrue that CC does not get called out for it, but you will never believe that.

I'm glad it's all been toned down this year.
Good thing it’s toned down, and hopefully people can move on.

We all have our opinions and I don’t think she did anything classless, players trash talk and taunt eachother every game, it’s funny how Clark does this all the time and is praised but I won’t get into that. Oh and if u remember when we beat Lsu last year, certain players was running around putting up an L, go back and look it up.

I don't know what it would take, then, to be considered classless behavior. Perhaps running to the Iowa bench and flipping them off for a minute or so, unless someone else did anything remotely like it previously. Then it would be ok, I suppose. I know there were mad dashes to find the "Well, what about when such and such did this?!?!" by those defenders I referenced and how you are starting to do here, but I've never seen anyone chase after someone at the end of a title game to taunt them the way Reese did. She absolutely deserved some grief for her behavior, without question.

What she didn't deserve was the borderline, and sometimes not so borderline, racist castigation which followed online, like that Portney dude, or whomever he is. Then it created a scenario where people got defensive for Reese, trying to say how it was ok because she won or scour the archives to find something else someone did which was remotely close in order to absolve her in a "What about..?" (A common tactic of my students when called to the carpet for their actions). Or whatever.

In the end, it became something bigger than it should've been, but what she did was certainly classless. It also wasn't the first time she'd displayed some issues which would suggest her current issues didn't materialize out of thin air. Anyone paying a little bit of attention to her would see she needs to mature a bit, which was my ultimate point.

Have to wonder if sometimes Geno glared at the sky and shakes his fist
I know I did. It is just sad that these injuries are happening over and over across WBB. Geno once mentioned the theory that the constant basketball played by the best players all year round could be the problem. What he meant was that only the muscles associated with basketball are being developed, and the other muscles are not. I know in my day, the good athletes played multiple sports which involved working out various other muscles. They also played soccer, or softball, in some schools, field hockey. That theory could be true, or not true. The bottom line is it is happening way too much, and some doctor or trainer has to come up with a training regiment to combat this, or a new kind of brace for the knee that won't inhibit movement. On a personal note, this really sucks.
Correction: In my day they didn't have sports for girls, just cheerleading. I forgot, but I think you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Oh my gawd. SERIOUSLY?! Another season-ending injury for Connecticut!? They can't catch a break up there. Jeez. And I remember reading a while back that they had put a lot of effort into studying the situation to try to figure out if there's anything they need to be doing differently or not do in order to make this happen less frequently.

I really hate this has happened. Again. 😢

Same knee from high school ? Last year it was her right knee. The year before that she had a foot injury and the before that acl and mcl. At this point you have to start thinking long term if your Azzi right. Cause at this point what’s left of those ligaments. Will she she have lingering knee issues as she gets older in life.

Same knee from high school ? Last year it was her right knee. The year before that she had a foot injury and the before that acl and mcl. At this point you have to start thinking long term if your Azzi right. Cause at this point what’s left of those ligaments. Will she she have lingering knee issues as she gets older in life.
She tore the ACL and MCL in the same knee while in high school.
Poor kid. Hope she recovers fully.

Florida State 90 Northwestern 52. They made 13 threes in this game just like our game. They can really shoot the three at home.
Florida 83 Columbia 81 in SEC play.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The question is....what the heck is Geno doing wrong to have so many knee injuries? Hoping she returns sooner than later.

Well, I really don't think Geno is doing anything wrong, just like it hasn't been the Tennessee coaching staff's fault any of the countless times Lady Vols have lost their seasons to injury.

I think it's mostly just bad luck. This one to Fudd ruined my whole day. I mean, this kid cannot catch a break!

Stanford is only winning by one over Belmont at home at halftime. That coach gets more out of under rated players than anyone I know.

Stanford is only winning by one over Belmont at home at halftime. That coach gets more out of under rated players than anyone I know.
This game is in Vegas, but yes. Brink only played 6 minutes in the first half due to foul trouble.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Well, I really don't think Geno is doing anything wrong, just like it hasn't been the Tennessee coaching staff's fault any of the countless times Lady Vols have lost their seasons to injury.

I think it's mostly just bad luck. This one to Fudd ruined my whole day. I mean, this kid cannot catch a break!
This was a tongue in cheek remark considering all the bad things Geno said about UT concerning Evina Westbrooks injuries.

Florida State 90 Northwestern 52. They made 13 threes in this game just like our game. They can really shoot the three at home.
Florida 83 Columbia 81 in SEC play.
Columbia almost knocked off Duke as well. Harvard and Princeton have good teams as well. Ivy League has been impressive for the players they can recruit.

VN Store

Back