Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Seems like the improved 3pt shooting of SC has been overstated. I just saw two terrible misses from wide open shooters jeez.
They are good. A Top 10 team. I just don’t get the rush for fans to declare teams Nat’l title winners after the first week of the season.
Teams have an off night. That is exactly what happened. The fact that the girls won by 40 on an off night....give me a break about your analysis.

OK, Mulkey goes, and deserves it on so many levels. The buck stops w the head Barbie.

But the current problem w Angel and the team would remain unaddressed. This is one of those very troubling situations where fact gets obliderated by narrative. Alexis Morris told us this is not a Mulkey problem (for once) but a team ego and attitude problem. Now there's wide speculation Angel's issue is grades (which it likely isn't) only bc FJ's Mom ridiculed AR about her low gpa on social media. That as part of an ugly public feud between the parents.

Far be it from me to defend KM, but if she is able to piece things back together after the awful things the Moms said and the obvious split in the locker room, it will be amazing. She's being slammed for not spilling public details and saying little, yet thats exactly how Harper handled the Rickea situation and look how that turned out. Coaches are limited in what they can, and will say.

As far as the team "walking" w Angel, don't count on it. They can't even be in the locker room together right now.
The only thing I’ll say about the Rickea situation is that is wasn’t all over the internet and sports media outlets like ESPN and fox sports Rickea was more local and the Reese situation is national.

Teams have an off night. That is exactly what happened. The fact that the girls won by 40 on an off night....give me a break about your analysis.

You all better had won by 40 with the starting center still in the game up 30+ in the 4th qtr with 3 mins left in the game. The starting point guard came out in the 4th qtr with 5 mins left in the game. I know you all were down two players but those two key starters didn’t have to stay in a blowout win late into the 4th qtr.
Good for you all though hyping up the final score.

Tennessee put up 100 points without a projected lottery pick plus two other rotation players.
Playing our impressive walk-on quality minutes and she made the most of it.

Hopefully both teams meet healthy this season. GBO🍊.

Brooklyn had a rough scoring outing in their latest game. 2 pts in 35 min. She did have several rebounds and assists.

Justine had 16 pts. her last game, but then she had a similar-type game for us last year against an early opponent.

Marta , now at California, is averaging 16 ppg, .44 - 3 points and had 27 against Auburn

Miles at Ky is the starting pg and has 18 Ast and 6 TO after four games

Marta was always that talented. She was just down the depth chart playing the same position as Jackson and Puckett. Her transfer was a good idea and she chose a great school and the right fit for her in terms of basketball.

Marta was always that talented. She was just down the depth chart playing the same position as Jackson and Puckett. Her transfer was a good idea and she chose a great school and the right fit for her in terms of basketball.
Also it seemed she was injured a lot as a Lady Vol. I’m glad she has a fresh start and is having success! Hope she has some warm memories of her time as a Lady Vol!

I hate to rain on the fun of AR rumors and conjecture but it could be something as simple as she has a class that she is behind in and she sits until the professor says she has righted the ship.
Of course that requires believing KM is concerned about the student part of student athlete………
What the heck!!!! I heard she was in charge of the Italian space lasers!!

I hate to rain on the fun of AR rumors and conjecture but it could be something as simple as she has a class that she is behind in and she sits until the professor says she has righted the ship.
Of course that requires believing KM is concerned about the student part of student athlete………
Were those the space lasers that started the forest fires in Antarctica ???
Hopefully, blue font was not needed.

Marta , now at California, is averaging 16 ppg, .44 - 3 points and had 27 against Auburn

Miles at Ky is the starting pg and has 18 Ast and 6 TO after four games

What is so ironic to me about the frequent posting of former players stats every game/week and highlighting them scoring points against teams like “Auburn” is that right now Tennessee has 6 players averaging double figures.

Neither of them is Destinee Wells who is certainly going to reach that mark after scoring 18 points last game.

Striplin 10.8 pts 6.8 rebs 61.5%
Jillian Hollingshead 10.8 pts 8.5 rebs 53.3%
Sara Puckett 15.5 pts 6.0 rebs 54.8%
Jasmine Powell 10.3 pts 3.0 rebs 2.3 asts 39.1%

I didn’t include Jewel Spear or Rickea Jackson stats because it’s no use in comparing them to this situation.

Which of these players are the former players (outperforming)?
We saw them before get playing time at TN and did they make the most of it?
Also, if Puckett, Jillian, or Striplin went to another school you can bet they are capable of these same numbers or even better.
I’m just wondering what purpose does it serve posting former players stats after every game/week.
Are we comparing and contrasting?
If so, those numbers up there from TN current players have resulted in a 3-1 record and could easily be 4-0 right now without Rickea J playing the last two games.

OK, Mulkey goes, and deserves it on so many levels. The buck stops w the head Barbie.

But the current problem w Angel and the team would remain unaddressed. This is one of those very troubling situations where fact gets obliderated by narrative. Alexis Morris told us this is not a Mulkey problem (for once) but a team ego and attitude problem. Now there's wide speculation Angel's issue is grades (which it likely isn't) only bc FJ's Mom ridiculed AR about her low gpa on social media. That as part of an ugly public feud between the parents.

Far be it from me to defend KM, but if she is able to piece things back together after the awful things the Moms said and the obvious split in the locker room, it will be amazing. She's being slammed for not spilling public details and saying little, yet thats exactly how Harper handled the Rickea situation and look how that turned out. Coaches are limited in what they can, and will say.

As far as the team "walking" w Angel, don't count on it. They can't even be in the locker room together right now.

I saw a recent press conference with KM obviously affected by what appeared to be a bad cold. I was troubled by her inconsideration of others when she announced, "it might be covid but I'm not getting tested".

You all better had won by 40 with the starting center still in the game up 30+ in the 4th qtr with 3 mins left in the game. The starting point guard came out in the 4th qtr with 5 mins left in the game. I know you all were down two players but those two key starters didn’t have to stay in a blowout win late into the 4th qtr.
Good for you all though hyping up the final score.

Tennessee put up 100 points without a projected lottery pick plus two other rotation players.
Playing our impressive walk-on quality minutes and she made the most of it.

Hopefully both teams meet healthy this season. GBO🍊.
We also gave up 73 points and went to overtime with Memphis the game before who is 2-5.

No it didn’t. We can wish players well without dramatizing their departure. It was good for them. The team moved on. That’s really all there is to it. Again, 6 players averaging double figures.

Reactions: LasVegasBill23

Yeah I think it’s academic. They are STUDENT athletes and Kim does take that seriously. Not as serious as Pat but it’s a big priority for her. I think Angel refusing to attend class has likely caused some grades issues. Still think that’s a load of BS I highly doubt she couldn’t attend classes due to her celebrity profile, she just doesn’t want to. Somehow all the future NFLers and NBA players make it class without causing a scene.

Livy Dunne???? Maybeeee. But I’m even dubious on that one, but it sounded more like she had a stalker.

Angel just wants the status, special treatment and attention.

Reactions: olddog
No it didn’t. We can wish players well without dramatizing their departure. It was good for them. The team moved on. That’s really all there is to it. Again, 6 players averaging double figures.
They are not just players, but they are also people. If they were good teammates and left on good terms, what's wrong with wishing them well? I didn't see any player comparisons anywhere, so what is the problem?

out of all the transfers last year the only one that truly stung was Marta. Im happy to see her thriving as she always has !!
Agreed. The circumstances were so unfortunate. I continue to follow her progress, and certainly will be cheering her on as well a dropping the occasionally good word for her and her family.

They are not just players, but they are also people. If they were good teammates and left on good terms, what's wrong with wishing them well? I didn't see any player comparisons anywhere, so what is the problem?

Yeah, I don't sense any negative agenda. We just like to keep up with these young people whom we like. Not comparing to our current young people whom we also like.

It would be hypocritical not to support our former players who left for situations they saw as better opportunities to play when we have so many new players who did exactly the same thing. We've also recognized the perseverance of some who have stayed and worked hard to earn more playing time.

Personally, I think it speaks well of our fan base that we remain interested in their careers and personal lives. I smile when I see Twitter (X) alerts from Emily with her looking happy with her Youngstown State teammates.

I think I understand W.C.'s concern but seems that everyone's heart is in the right place here. We love and appreciate our current roster just as much as ever!

VN Store

Back