Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

3,6,13,18,19,20,22,23 all lost this week
3,6,13,18,19,22 to ranked teams
20,22,23 to unranked team

19 (us) also got a ranked win
No other team that lost in thie top 25 got a top 25 win
What does everyone think we’ll be next week? Who’s in whos out? Does Princeton move in? Does OU fall out? How high does Indiana climb? How far does the Conn fall? NC STATE number 3?????

Reactions: Rooster1
What does everyone think we’ll be next week? Who’s in whos out? Does Princeton move in? Does OU fall out? How high does Indiana climb? How far does the Conn fall? NC STATE number 3?????
I think Oklahoma has to fall out after 2 losses. I wish they wouldn't though bc it would make beating them better. I think maybe we stay in somewhere toward 23-25?

Not sure the polls matter at this point. When Tennessee beat them they were ranked.

Another fact is, Oklahoma falling out of the rankings, doesn’t mean they wont be ranked again.

I mean Oklahoma can’t be worse than teams like Maryland and Ole Miss who have been ranked since the season started.
Could be wrong, but I think for computer rankings what counts is where they were when we actually played them. OK was already going to be unranked after losing to Princeton, so we got lucky it hadn't been voted on yet.

It would be best for us if they come back into the Top 25. We need everyone we beat to do as well as possible afterward.

I think Maryland may leave the ranking this week, but probably will also be back.

Could be wrong, but I think for computer rankings what counts is where they were when we actually played them. OK was already going to be unranked after losing to Princeton, so we got lucky it hadn't been voted on yet.

It would be best for us if they come back into the Top 25. We need everyone we beat to do as well as possible afterward.

I think Maryland may leave the ranking this week, but probably will also be back.
Princeton was receiving votes. I think we stay or move up/down 1… OK will probably be in imo bc ole miss will be. Ms st shouldn’t move up imo they’ve played no one but are undefeated

Last edited:
My top 25 would be

1S Carolina
Stanford
UCLA
NC State
5Kansas State (winner higher)
Iowa (winner winner)
Colorado
USC
Baylor
10 VT
Indiana
Texas
Utah
Fl St
15 Uconn
LSU
OSU
ND
UNC (w/ win today- falls out with loss)
20 Tennessee
Princeton
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
MS St (falls out with loss)
25 Gonzaga (with win/ out with loss)
25 Marquette (needs help to get in)

Dropped out. 23 Washington St
20 Louisville (beating the Zags may help them with some help from other games)

Added. 21 Princeton, 25 Marquette, 25 Gonzaga

Last edited:

I thought Maryland had done left the rankings after two 30 point blowout losses.

Reactions: glv98
My top 25 would be

1S Carolina
Stanford
UCLA
NC State
5Kansas State
Iowa
Colorado
USC
Baylor
10 VT
Indiana
Texas
Utah
Fl St
15 Uconn
LSU
OSU
ND
UNC
20 Tennessee
Princeton
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
MS St
25 Marquette

Dropped out. 23 Washington St
20 Louisville

Added. 21 Princeton, 25 Marquette
Games of note today

The rematch!!
5 IOWA vs 16 KANSAS STATE (I’m praying this is the free FloHoops game but doubt it)

(6-1) Gonzaga vs 20 Louisville (coming off loss to Alabama—who turned around and lost to Gonzaga)

18 UNC vs FGCU (both coming off loses. I expect a good game. Trap game for UNC)

(5-1) Tulsa vs 25 Mississippi State (State still hasn’t played a top 50 opponent but both teams did similarly well vs Zaay Green’s AR Pinebluff team)

If UNC, Louisville, or State lose it’s guaranteed they fall out. Imo Louisville is fighting for their way back in but will need convincing win. Zags always good will break into top 25 with win for sure.

Iowa 6-2 Hannah Stuelke might be done for the year or out for a while. Did not play against FGCU. But got hurt in the game before that against Purdue - Fort Wayne. Iowa up 72-42 start of the 4th qt 2 mins in she go's down holding her knee. To me there was no reason for her to even be out there in the 4th the game is over.

Iowa 6-2 Hannah Stuelke might be done for the year or out for a while. Did not play against FGCU. But got hurt in the game before that against Purdue - Fort Wayne. Iowa up 72-42 start of the 4th qt 2 mins in she go's down holding her knee. To me there was no reason for her to even be out there in the 4th the game is over.

Sad, she is a super talented young lady.

Reactions: djtee
Refs calling it tight early foul! foul! Foul!

Louisville gotta adjust they are trying to get up in the space of the Gonzaga players and the officials aren’t having it. Gonna have to give them a step and play better defense.

Cochran has to figure out how to stay out of foul trouble and on the floor. Louisville isn’t very good without her. If she can’t set a screen without fouling they shouldn’t be involving her in so much screening action. Last two games offensive fouls have been an issue for her.

Louisville gotta adjust they are trying to get up in the space of the Gonzaga players and the officials aren’t having it. Gonna have to give them a step and play better defense.

Cochran has to figure out how to stay out of foul trouble and on the floor. Louisville isn’t very good without her. If she can’t set a screen without fouling they shouldn’t be involving her in so much screening action. Last two games offensive fouls have been an issue for her.

Yes i agree with you 100%

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If Louisville holds on I think they stay in by the skin of their teeth if the other games hold. So many loses in top 25 mixed with some decent wins everything may stay about the same bc who knows at this point

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back