Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Alabama’s Karly Weathers is doing a good job coming off the bench for Alabama. Similar to Striplin for Tennessee making the most of the minutes earned.

Did Tennessee recruit Weathers? I believe her family are big Bama fans.

To an extent she shut everybody down except Bama fairly early.
Covid recruitment with the 22s was awful. Most didn’t get to visit schools until late their junior year. And most coaches were saying take the scholly if it’s there u can’t be picky. So most girls went with their first connection. See how many freshmen transferred last season. Hint: a lot

Now that week 3 is ending who in the SEC has impressed, disappointed, looks good/bad, will do better/worse by SEC play? And what do u think order of finish will be?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Now that week 3 is ending who in the SEC has impressed, disappointed, looks good/bad, will do better/worse by SEC play? And what do u think order of finish will be?
For me

Kentucky is probably the worst P5 team ever. Will not win a single game in the SEC unless something major happens to another program.

Alabama looks good. Not sure where they were predicted but they will challenge for top 4 imo.

Ole Miss lost KK Deans. They still are inconsistent. I’m not counting them out but I see them falling in the standings

Tennessee is in a good place to challenge USC for title

Idk about LSU I feel they are gonna lose some weird games but ultimately be in the top 3/Title convo.

USC is head over heels favorite. Can they keep it up? (Yes :/ )

Missouri and Auburn are bad but better than UK

Texas A&M is confusing haven’t seen them enough to have opinion.

Florida is gonna challenge to be in the top of the league

Vandy won’t be last maybe top 12

MSST hasn’t been challenged yet but I expect them to compete for top 5

Georgia is meh will win some games

Arkansas is a bad P5 has a good freshman but I could easily see them finishing very low

For me

Kentucky is probably the worst P5 team ever. Will not win a single game in the SEC unless something major happens to another program.

Alabama looks good. Not sure where they were predicted but they will challenge for top 4 imo.

Ole Miss lost KK Deans. They still are inconsistent. I’m not counting them out but I see them falling in the standings

Tennessee is in a good place to challenge USC for title

Idk about LSU I feel they are gonna lose some weird games but ultimately be in the top 3/Title convo.

USC is head over heels favorite. Can they keep it up? (Yes :/ )

Missouri and Auburn are bad but better than UK

Texas A&M is confusing haven’t seen them enough to have opinion.

Florida is gonna challenge to be in the top of the league

Vandy won’t be last maybe top 12

MSST hasn’t been challenged yet but I expect them to compete for top 5

Georgia is meh will win some games

Arkansas is a bad P5 has a good freshman but I could easily see them finishing very low
Keep it coming, ‘future. Love that you provide a cross conference/ national contenders perspective! 😎

Reactions: Lucy and VolFuture
Keep it coming, ‘future. Love that you provide a cross conference/ national contenders perspective! 😎
I think a lil perspective goes a long way esp this year dannng and I like hearing opinions on teams. SEC is a mess and confusing rn.

Side note I think I saw every team in the Big10 has a non conference loss now too

Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo
I haven’t seen much from the SEC that changes my early predictions.

Tennessee has been challenged in their first six games with every possible situation.

At full strength, they can beat any team. They haven’t been full strength during the regular season.

Other teams may have peaked or have a known ceiling, Tennessee beat a Top 25 team without a Top 5 player in WCBB.

This team can improve and be in a position to contend for a SEC and Nat’l Championship.

UNC only going 6-7 players deep G- Paulina Paris don't see the court anymore, only 4 mins in this game and 16 mins in the KS game.
Idgi you think she’d be building off last season? Why they still start that freshman who does nothing early this season over McPherson no less. Now she doesn’t play… Banghart has really confused me.

Reactions: djtee

VN Store

Back