Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Kiki Rice was the best player in UCLA's victory over the Huskies. She was already an excellent freshman, who started every game last season if memory serves correct, but she stepped it up big time against UConn. Bueckers outscored her, but Rice was more efficient and came close to a triple double. If UCLA can get a bit more offensive production out of Betts (I have no idea why she only averages 10.5 shots when she shoots close to 80% from the floor) they will be a very tough out come tournament time.

Umm no. Have you seen what South Carolina has been doing???? South Carolina would beat Princeton by more than 3 points IMO. UCLA beat Princeton 77 74.
I haven’t watched them yet, I’ll see who they are when we play them. Not a team I can watch unless we are playing them.

Umm no. Have you seen what South Carolina has been doing???? South Carolina would beat Princeton by more than 3 points IMO. UCLA beat Princeton 77 74.
Oh and I’m not sure, but are u one of the people that was saying they was so great last year and would win the championship?

Oh and I’m not sure, but are u one of the people that was saying they was so great last year and would win the championship?
SC was the favorite and was undefeated so yeah I did. Best team doesn't always win in sports. An undefeated Patriots team didn't win the Super Bowl either. What's your point? I am saying right now currently I would vote SC #1 and it's not close. I would also put Colorado #2. And UCLA a close 3rd. But that's just my own opinion. You're welcome to yours, I just don't agree UCLA should be #1 currently.

SC was the favorite and was undefeated so yeah I did. Best team doesn't always win in sports. An undefeated Patriots team didn't win the Super Bowl either. What's your point? I am saying right now currently I would vote SC #1 and it's not close. I would also put Colorado #2. And UCLA a close 3rd. But that's just my own opinion. You're welcome to yours, I just don't agree UCLA should be #1 currently.
Nothing wrong with your opinion but I was one of the people that said I did t think they were that good and I could see Lsu winning and that’s what happened, but as for this years team I haven’t watched them yet, once I do I’ll have my opinion on them.

I respect Dawn, but hope she doesn't continue to emulate Bayou Barbie's scheduling habits.
One can get severe indigestion from consuming too many cupcakes.

View attachment 597654

Others have responded well in defense of this already, but to put this into historical perspective: Mississippi Valley State wasn't even expected to be on South Carolina's intended schedule this season. Due to Stanford backing out of their home and home agreement with the Gamecocks, and scheduled Charleston Southern also being removed from the schedule for whatever reasons I am not familiar with, Staley had to replace them with opponents scheduled at the very last moment, which she did with the above "Devilettes" (???) as with the Morgan State Bears that the Gamecocks play December 6th.

But had everything gone to plan, this game would have never happened.....

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with your opinion but I was one of the people that said I did t think they were that good and I could see Lsu winning and that’s what happened, but as for this years team I haven’t watched them yet, once I do I’ll have my opinion on them.
So you were one of the people saying that a 36-0 team at the time weren’t “that good”? Bless your heart. Btw, SC beat LSU straight up by 27 points last year, but you pulled a Nostradamus and saw the future and figured yeah, LSU will win it all, SC isn’t that good…..do you know how dumb you make yourself look when you talk gibberish like that? Roll on with your schtick bud. Keyboard fortune tellers are fun.

You can’t make this stuff up. he hasn’t even watched them yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis929
The question is....what the heck is Geno doing wrong to have so many knee injuries? Hoping she returns sooner than later.
Hers was a freak accident twice last year when someone step on her and her teammate fell into her… unlucky.. also Uconn gets everyone’s best so they play super physical against them and that wears on u

Reactions: chuckiepoo
So you were one of the people saying that a 36-0 team at the time weren’t “that good”? Bless your heart. Btw, SC beat LSU straight up by 27 points last year, but you pulled a Nostradamus and saw the future and figured yeah, LSU will win it all, SC isn’t that good…..do you know how dumb you make yourself look when you talk gibberish like that? Roll on with your schtick bud. Keyboard fortune tellers are fun.
I didn’t say they weren’t a good team, I’m saying they wasn’t unbeatable like everyone was saying, they didn’t seem that great to me when I watched and noticed certain things, I just turned out to be right, or saying I have all the answers. 36-0 don’t mean a thing without a ring. And Lsu took care of the team that Sc couldn‘t beat, and won when it mattered most. U and others can praise Sc all u want, I just won’t be on that bandwagon.

Well, found out last night that UCLA is the real deal. Uconn played bad, but that doesn't change the fact that UCLA played like a contender for the NC. They have the right mix with the inside and outside game, with Betts inside and really good shooters on the outside. They are basically a half court team, so unless you are good all-around defensively you have to pick your poison. UConn chose to double team Betts, and collapse on her with 3 players when she got the ball. That left their outside shooters open, and I believe most, if not all of their 3 point shooters were wide open. Not making excuses for UConn, they were definitely outplayed, and at this point in the season UCLA is the better team. UCLA has been adding pieces the last 3 years and I was wondering why they haven't gotten really good, well, the time is now. We have another team ready to challenge for the NC and WBB has never been better. This years tournament will be a barnburner.

What a feast or famine year in WBB already. Teams are either devastated by major injury or seeing it all come together (UCLA, USC, So Car).

KK Deans, Ole Miss pg out for seasosn. Angel's replacement Smith out with "serious" knee injury. And Rickea. And Azzi. And others across the country.

Maybe Dawn really is the annoited deity her scary twitter mob says she is. Of course no one wants injuries and I'm not saying she does, but as of now Goddess Dawn could waltz thru the SEC w her second team. All three league teams directly below her are now decimated w injury and attrition. Stars aligned for SC. To be fair, they may have waltzed anyway but now they don't even have to make much of an effort. Sickening.

Still a long way to go, but as of now it's a very depressing start for us mortals.

Last edited:
That’s why I said I don’t have an opinion on them, I can’t stand them and will only watch when we play them. My ranking was based on what I’ve seen so far.
You hate South Carolina so much that you can't give them anything but your "hated" outlook? Well, that tells me you are not an unbiased fan of WBB and should be discounted as a person to listen to about your opinion or conclusions about anything related to South Carolina or any other team playing. Gotcha....sad you can't be real....

You hate South Carolina so much that you can't give them anything but your "hated" outlook? Well, that tells me you are not an unbiased fan of WBB and should be discounted as a person to listen to about your opinion or conclusions about anything related to South Carolina or any other team playing. Gotcha....sad you can't be real....
I think right now, SC is the only team that can be considered a NC favorite. Every so-called contender has lost, or has been in a very close game where they almost did lose. If SC loses a game, then the race is on for the NC, with as many as 7 or 8 teams good enough to win it. The LVOLS need a signature win to put their hat in the ring and reserve a place at the table of NC contenders. I believe a win over SC or LSU is needed to put the NCAA on notice, and to give the players confidence that they can compete with the best. I am not going to blow smoke up anyones butt about being elite like a couple posters, but a big win over a good ranked team is needed and will move them up in the committee's mindset. The talent is there, but the execution is not.

I am not going to blow smoke up anyones butt about being elite like a couple posters, but a big win over a good ranked team is needed and will move them up in the committee's mindset. The talent is there, but the execution is not.
Been needing that big win for lo these many years. Symbolic of our recent luck that we may get a win against a ranked team today, but OK is on the fast track out of rankings. As are we.

As far as the talent being there for a ranked win, not sure that's the case wo Rickea. Not the way some have been playing.

Punk trash move. Officially can't stand her now (assuming this is not AI lol). If Bludder has a pair, Clark would not be playing, would have benched and made to apologize on the spot. Wonder if she got called for an intentional? Even Angel wouldn't do this, except to her own teammates.

Speaking of AR and the Tiger Fight Club, tweeters w "inside LSU knowledge" say the fight was btw FJ and Angel over AR attempting a 3 pt shot while they were in a tight game first half against Kent St. Then apparently Poole went after HVL, which explains her disappearance. Then the Moms got involved. And FJs Mom went really low, dragging in the gpa. She owes AR a huge apology, that was just gross.

A couple of things: while culture doesn't win games, those who discount KJH rehab of LV culture pls take note. BC by the end of the Holly days, we had both physical player fights and public parent feuds on soc media. Second thing, I wonder when the crazy So Car twitter mob is going to apologize or even walk back their claims that the LSU situation was Kim being racist. Not saying it never could happen, but clearly not this time. This was just about KM being an abysmal mgr of young people.

VN Store

Back