Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Beers:
The PAC12 was obviously one of the top conferences in WBB.

#16 Oklahoma Women's Basketball 2024-2025 Preview | College Sports Madness

Yep I loved the PAC-12 but the speed and physicality are completely different compared to the SEC. I truly do not think she can keep up in this league.

She was also on a team that had lots of bigs to go to for backup when she needed a blow. OU has none of that. She’s going to have to play near 40 for them.

She’s had lots of time to get in better condition and recent pics she looks she same. She’s a hoss, for certain, but she is carrying around more fat than she needs to and hasn’t ever improved it.

Beers:
The PAC12 was obviously one of the top conferences in WBB.

#16 Oklahoma Women's Basketball 2024-2025 Preview | College Sports Madness
Beers is a fantastic post player. That being said, I do think she will have to adjust to the SEC.

She was perfect in Scott Rueck’s offense which was a slow, methodical, get the perfect shot in the half court kinda offense. That’s more PAC 12 ball than SEC. I’m not sure if Oklahoma runs that same style. She was also surrounded with shooters. Will she be surrounded with shooters at OK?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Beers is a fantastic post player. That being said, I do think she will have to adjust to the SEC.

She was perfect in Scott Rueck’s offense which was a slow, methodical, get the perfect shot in the half court kinda offense. That’s more PAC 12 ball than SEC. I’m not sure if Oklahoma runs that same style. She was also surrounded with shooters. Will she be surrounded with shooters at OK?

Actually, yes. Baranczyk runs a fast-paced offense and in her system Oklahoma jacks up a lot of threes. On the other hand, if she is expected to play 35 minutes or more per game Beers will likely need to improve her conditioning. Regardless, she is a major get for a team that previously lacked size and was weak on the boards. Additionally, with Beers Oklahoma's half court offense should also show marked improvement.

Actually, yes. Baranczyk runs a fast-paced offense and in her system Oklahoma jacks up a lot of threes. On the other hand, if she is expected to play 35 minutes or more per game Beers will likely need to improve her conditioning. Regardless, she is a major get for a team that previously lacked size and was weak on the boards. Additionally, with Beers Oklahoma's half court offense should also show marked improvement.

Having Beers may help in convincing Chavez to go there.

Reactions: brittannica

Beers averaged 17/10 in 29 minutes per game in the PAC12 while shooting 66%. She was All American and All PAC12 for good reason. OK returns their starting lineup and averaged 8 3’s per game. Beers will be the focal point of every defensive game plan for their opponents, SC, LSU and Texas included.

Last edited:
A HS kid demanding a million dollars in ridiculous

Only Texas or tech have the boosters who would be willing to pay for that.

Paige, Juju, Clark, Reese, etc didn’t even demand for nonsense like that. I can’t see that being a good thing for team dynamics either
It’s a new world apparently, not sure where this all is headed tbh.

Yep I loved the PAC-12 but the speed and physicality are completely different compared to the SEC. I truly do not think she can keep up in this league.

She was also on a team that had lots of bigs to go to for backup when she needed a blow. OU has none of that. She’s going to have to play near 40 for them.

She’s had lots of time to get in better condition and recent pics she looks she same. She’s a hoss, for certain, but she is carrying around more fat than she needs to and hasn’t ever improved it.
So Oklahoma per the article returns 5 starters from last year to a team that has two Big 12 championships in a row. You think Beers is going to have to play 40 minutes for them? I highly doubt that. Beers just gives them an additional, really good option in the post. She was a double-double for Oregon. She also brings size and strength to exploit when mismatches happen in the post which they really didn't have last year.

VN Store

Back