Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Near top 100 team
Temira Poindexter (Tulsa)
27.0 points ~ 4.3 rebounds ~ 2.7 assists

Tulsa beat Clemson by 10
Tulsa played many of the same teams as MS ST and did as well or better

Then got murder by them by 40. I say that’s a good win
That is what qualifies as a good team these days? Remember, we were talking about Tulsa here not MSU

Last edited:
Dear LV fans,

Truth be told, that Top 25 win over Oklahoma without a Top 5 players in WCBB and a versatile G Ace who started games at a Power 5 program as a freshman has broken these negaVols.

They been talking about everything but the win.

Winning exposes the doubters.

Reactions: Majac and Only1COJ
Label it how you want to get a like or two from negaVols. I’ll like the post myself.
I’ve seen enough basketball to know none of these teams are a guarantee to win this season.
I wouldn’t stress one bit when SC plays Tennessee if both teams are healthy.
You could justify either team losing by calling it an "off night" and still be wrong. The better team, being equal in health, will win 7 or 8 out of 10. You have to wonder which of those teams will show up. I would think advantage Tenn at home and advantage South Carolina at home.....but even those do not always go as planned.

For all of you Kara Lawson fans, here's your chance to go cheer for her in person for only $5 a ticket...

BTW, I can guarantee that as long as the current BOT and administration are in place, she will never coach or be associated with the University of Tennessee.

I was intrigued to see how Molly Miller was doing since moving from Drury (where her record was something like 180-17 over six years and she won consecutive D2 COY honors her last two seasons with a 67-1 record) to Grand Canyon University. She had the nation's highest win percentage at over .900 when she was hired at GCU and still ranks fourth (behind Marshall's Kim Stephens, Auriemma, and Mulkey).

At GCU, they have won 18, 22, and 21 games respectively since she arrived. They lost to Oregon by 8 this year, playing pretty much even all the way until Oregon pulled away late. She plays an intense, pressing defensive style and likes the 3-pointer.

One understandable knock on coaches at smaller schools is that they haven't developed/established the recruiting contacts with the top-tier players. At least assistants at the successful D1 schools have that experience if not actually being the main recruiters.

As for attracting eyeballs, let's just say that Mulkey's most outrageous Mardi Gras costume couldn't draw the tv cameras' attention away from Coach Miller (he said in a grandfatherly misogynistic way).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back