Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I lol everytime I read the ringleader of the negaVols say that “once” again the SEC is LSU and South Carolina. Some simple minding analysis there when LSU didn’t even play in the SEC tourney championship a year ago and got blown out by South Carolina in the regular season. Loss to TN the second time and didn’t beat them convincingly on their homecourt in the first meeting.

This season, Tennessee has proven they are as good as the Top 10-20 teams in WCBB without Rickea J. At this point even with the letdowns early in the season TN has destroyed the negaVols theory.

The negaVols are broken at this point, a win Sunday will pretty much end their useless mission of bashing the roster and deteriorating the status of TN.
Tennessee even without Rickea Jackson a projected lottery pick, top 5 WCBB player and Tamari Key is as good as teams like Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Notre Dame, LSU, Colorado, Oklahoma, etc.

That’s a win for Tennessee in December!

I lol everytime I read the ringleader of the negaVols say that “once” again the SEC is LSU and South Carolina. Some simple minding analysis there when LSU didn’t even play in the SEC tourney championship a year ago and got blown out by South Carolina in the regular season. Loss to TN the second time and didn’t beat them convincingly on their homecourt in the first meeting.

This season, Tennessee has proven they are as good as the Top 10-20 teams in WCBB without Rickea J. At this point even with the letdowns early in the season TN has destroyed the negaVols theory.

The negaVols are broken at this point, a win Sunday will pretty much end their useless mission of bashing the roster and deteriorating the status of TN.
Tennessee even without Rickea Jackson a projected lottery pick, top 5 WCBB player and Tamari Key is as good as teams like Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Notre Dame, LSU, Colorado, Oklahoma, etc.

That’s a win for Tennessee in December!

Yawn

Oh FFS. I usually don't dignify this drivel, but c'mon man, try to enter Earth atmosphere. We sure showed Notre Dame we're as good as them, right?

What are the top upcoming games of the weekend?

Tennessee is rounding into shape.
Rickea Jackson is rehabbing for a major comeback.
Destinee Wells has arrived.. wiped you all favorite freshman nose on Nat’l TV!
The coach hasn’t had a shot maker like elite G Jewel Spear.. they still learning how to let a shooter shoot!
Jasmine Powell is a viable 4th option. I’ll take her as a 4th option that can play her role in getting TN to the Elite 8.

Kudos to Karoline Striplin and Kaiya Wynn for the improvements they have made to start their 3rd season.

Hopefully Sara Puckett and Jillian Hollingshead can get over the hump.
They don’t have to carry the team but they need to be consistent.
Tamari Key can still be a factor.
In all sports, there are teams who peak early and those who peak late.
Both have a 50/50 chance depending on “luck”.

Hate on Kimmy allllll yall want, but she’s paid to coach basketball and she does THAT. Virginia Tech is a very well coached team and Kim took them to school.
I thought it was recruiting, not coaching that schooled Kenny. He just doesn't have the horses this year, at least not yet, to go w Amoore and Kitley.

Not great coaching to let that kid foul out in the first half though. Twitter says she must not be in his chosen player group chat lol. I wonder what he said about that post game?

Last edited:
I thought it was recruiting, not coaching that schooled Kenny. He just doesn't have the horses this year, at least not yet, to go w Amoore and Kitley.

Not great coaching to let that kid foul out in the first half though. Twitter says she must not be in his chosen player group chat lol. I wonder what he said about that post game?

I disagree. He returned his 3 best, veteran, players and some nice players from the portal and freshmen.

LSU will likely win another this season if they can stay on the straight and narrow in the locker room from here on out.

And yes, LSU has really great players at the moment, but that has a lot to do with who the coach is. Those kids want to play for a winner and Kim is a winner. She’s a polarizing sports figure, you like her or you don’t. It’s pretty black and white. I’ve always liked her, she just seems like a country gal to me and those are my people. Tough, hardworking, pragmatic.

Last edited:
LSU isn’t likely to win a Nat’l title.
Don’t get where this is coming from.

They are an ordinary team. Beat an ordinary team at home early in the season.

Typical.

I disagree. He returned his 3 best, veteran, players and some nice players from the portal and freshmen.
I don't know that King was among their 3 best players last year. Micheaux cannot replace what Soule brought, and Ekh cannot replace what Traylor brought. They have some talented freshmen, so it will be interesting to see how they grow over this season and if it's fast enough for Va. Tech to be able to make a Final 4 push again.

I don't know that King was among their 3 best players last year. Micheaux cannot replace what Soule brought, and Ekh cannot replace what Traylor brought. They have some talented freshmen, so it will be interesting to see how they grow over this season and if it's fast enough for Va. Tech to be able to make a Final 4 push again.
That was my thought. His recruits and portal players are no where near Williams and Morrow territory. He's a good coach, they'll get better.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It’s a good place to be, isn’t it?

Sure is.
I’m having my way in negaVol territory.
They been quiet after Destinee Wells wiped their favorite FR nose on Nat’l Tv
Straight crickets lol….
If that highlight that Wells made had been the other way around it would’ve sent the negaVols in a frenzy!

Oh FFS. I usually don't dignify this drivel, but c'mon man, try to enter Earth atmosphere. We sure showed Notre Dame we're as good as them, right?

While not commenting on the rest of his post, the fact that the Notre Dame game went down to the wire supports that specific point.

A missed layup here, an errant pass there, missed free throws, a timely substitution or timeout or defensive strategy change...the outcome could easily have been different simply from any one positive result since it basically was a one-point win (intentional fouling padded the final margin). One team always has to lose. Was Tennessee better than LSU last year when we came back from a large deficit to beat them?

A missed layup here, an errant pass there, missed free throws, a timely substitution or timeout or defensive strategy change...the outcome could easily have been different simply from any one positive result since it basically was a one-point win (intentional fouling padded the final margin). One team always has to lose.
Those "little" things are usually the difference and the better team is generally able to execute them more consistently, espec down the stretch of a tight game. So the better team put together a comeback, while the inconsistently executing team collapsed. So yeah, ND was better than the team we put on the floor that night.
Was Tennessee better than LSU last year when we came back from a large deficit to beat them?
Not really, and that happens sometimes, espec in tourney situations. We actually won that game bc our now missing superstar went on a second half rampage and as KM said, no one wanted to guard her. What a great win that was, we need many more.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tennessee with Rickea Jackson right now is a Top 15 team.
Tennessee with a healthy Rickea Jackson right now is a Top 10 team.
I don’t think Rickea Jackson has played a game during exhibition or the regular season where she was 100%.
If she is able to come back at full strength.. it’s Scary Hours!
That is why they are sitting her until she reaches a full recovery.
The team as a whole despite their inability to close games and fill the missing voids of RJ and Tamari is better than a lot of people on this forum predicted.
There’s no denying it.

Those "little" things are usually the difference and the better team is generally able to execute them more consistently, espec down the stretch of a tight game. So the better team put together a comeback, while the inconsistently executing team collapsed. So yeah, ND was better than the team we put on the floor that night.

Not really, and that happens sometimes, espec in tourney situations. We actually won that game bc our now missing superstar went on a second half rampage and as KM said, no one wanted to guard her. What a great win that was, we need many more.
So just to get this straight:
When we win a close game we were lucky.
When we lose a close games the other team was clearly superior.

LMAO!

VN Store

Back