Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

UConn played a horrible defensive game against Texas. They allowed 3 players to score 62 points.
I think UConn will get better by March if they can get the right player rotations fixed. Funny, but the three teams that UConn lost to, NCST, UCLA, and Texas are now all in the top 5 of the rankings.

I think UConn will get better by March if they can get the right player rotations fixed. Funny, but the three teams that UConn lost to, NCST, UCLA, and Texas are now all in the top 5 of the rankings.
The surprising thing tbh is Uconn is still in the top 25. They were not particularly competitive in any of their losses. It has taken two decades but the game of WCBB has caught up with Uconn.

If you look through orange-colored glasses. What about Peck on SEC teams, or Antonelli on ACC games. They all try not to be, but they are human just like us.
This is definitely not a view exclusive to Lady Vol fans lol. She has a reputation as being a biased commentator, not sure what else to tell you!

With that said, she's at least entertaining in her biases, and overall seems like a fun person.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The surprising thing tbh is Uconn is still in the top 25. They were not particularly competitive in any of their losses. It has taken two decades but the game of WCBB has caught up with Uconn.
If they lose to UNC on Sunday they will be gone, just after they broke Tennessee's consecutive week record last week. Times are all a changing.

Times are all a changing.
And injuries, damn injuries.

That said, I think we realize now UConn was not going to be the juggernaut everyone thought even with Azzi and Paige healthy. Edwards is Edwards, but the "others", Griffin, Muhl, Ducharme, etc are about at their ceiling and the frosh aren't quite there yet. They may be by late in the season and UConn could get alot better.

Ducharme, is out yet AGAIN with neck problems. I swear if that young woman ever steps on a competitive athletic court again there should be a serious investigation of everyone involved. She's the Tua of women's basketball.

Makes sense because we should not be in it.

TCU should start getting votes once Big 12 play starts. They look good and have a talented roster and talented young coach. Not getting any attention yet because their schedule is terrible. Wouldn’t have had much time to get better teams on their schedule this year, expect that to change next season.

UNC should be out of the top 25. Vermont should have won that game

Reactions: VolBall09
Utah WBB junior guard Gianna Kneepkens is out for the season with a foot injury requiring surgery; she was averaging 17.8 PPG, 5.5 RPG, and 3.9 APG

I watched the game against BYU. The game was over up big on BYU non contact injury i think she tore her achilles

Utah WBB junior guard Gianna Kneepkens is out for the season with a foot injury requiring surgery; she was averaging 17.8 PPG, 5.5 RPG, and 3.9 APG

I watched the game against BYU. The game was over up big on BYU non contact injury i think she tore her achilles

Oh man, hate to hear that. Really talented young lady. Those Achilles injuries suddenly seem more common.

This would certainly make the schools with the most money the most competitive.

This would certainly make the schools with the most money the most competitive.
Ewwww I don’t like this at all. Yk some college will be shady af with contracts and screw over players

But they will.
I really don't want to see that, but I have to. If only they don't have to play the first quarter. Only my loyalty kept me from turning the tv off in the first quarter. I don't know what it is, but my take is that the good teams can smell the blood in the water, and UConn is not equipped at this point to stop the bleeding. I'm actually worried about their mental state at this point, including Geno.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I really don't want to see that, but I have to. If only they don't have to play the first quarter. Only my loyalty kept me from turning the tv off in the first quarter. I don't know what it is, but my take is that the good teams can smell the blood in the water, and UConn is not equipped at this point to stop the bleeding. I'm actually worried about their mental state at this point, including Geno.
It will be a good game, always is between these teams.

A lot of SEC games today starting as early as 10 am cst.
Why in the world? Maybe they've just given up on attendance at places like Georgia. I mean how much damage can an 11 am weekday game do to a program that only draws a few dozen anyway. Having games at 5 pm on a Wednesday seems dumb, but mid morning? Insane.

I doubt GA appreciates the humor. 😉
If NC state does not beat UCONN while unranked and yet stayed undefeated minus the UCONN game or if they played someone else and beat them would they truly be #3 in the polls ? Anyone who beats UCONN gets an all of a sudden Launch up the polls as if UCONN is a top tier team lol smh.

VN Store

Back