Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

PAC12 is so damned competitive this year, bunch of great teams. Will be watching the games this evening. Not sure how it all plays out by season end, but I could see 3-4 PAC12 teams getting a 1-3 seed and maybe 8-9 making the tourney.

From the SEC: SC, LSU, UT will get in imo, prob 4 others. The ACC might get a bunch of teams in, but none are good enough to go FF deep in the tourney, again just my opinion.

Last edited:
PAC12 is so damned competitive this year, bunch of great teams. Will be watching the games this evening. Not sure how it all plays out by season end, but I could see 3-4 PAC12 teams getting a 1-3 seed and maybe 8-9 making the tourney.

From the SEC: SC, LSU, UT will get in imo, prob 4 others. The ACC might get a bunch of teams in, but none are good enough to go FF deep in the tourney, again just my opinion.
Question ?

"NegaVol" is the slander word on this site if you criticize the team..

Now on South Carolina's board do they call individuals who criticize Dawn and the team "Nega Cocks".

👆👆👆

Reactions: olddog and glv98
Dawn is now...everyone else is slowly fading into the past.
When Dawn hangs around 30-40 years and wins consistently and keeps her team at the top of the game she may be considered "Legendary." Or maybe some back-to-back championships or something. Hell, it took her 6 years just to become relevant after failing to do so in her first 5 seasons at SC and at her previous coaching stop. At this point, she is not legendary. I guess we could call Kim Mulkey Legendary. 24 years as a D-1 head coach, fastest male or female coach to 600 wins and never 1 losing record to go along with 4 NCAA titles and turning a defunct LSU program into a national champion in year 2. Those are legendary stats. I'm thinking with the talent that has rolled through SC the last 7 years they should have more than 2 titles, but I regress.

Last edited:
When Dawn hangs around 30-40 years and wins consistently and keeps her team at the top of the game she may be considered "Legendary." Or maybe some back-to-back championships or something. Hell, it took her 6 years just to become relevant after failing to do so at her previous coaching stop. At this point, she is not legendary.
I didn't say anything about her "Legendary" status. What I'm saying is she NOW.

Dawn is now...everyone else is slowly fading into the past.
Dawn has two Natties. TWO in 15 years. Same as that other legend Muffit McGraw and a USC coach I can’t recall.
Tara has three
Kim M has four
Pat, in a life and career cut painfully short, has eight
Geno has eleven. As a loyal Vol I believe Geno may have one or two less had Pat lived to the age he is now but sadly we will never know.
Pat and Geno are legends. Period.
Dawn has a long, long way to go.

When Dawn hangs around 30-40 years and wins consistently and keeps her team at the top of the game she may be considered "Legendary." Or maybe some back-to-back championships or something. Hell, it took her 6 years just to become relevant after failing to do so in her first 5 seasons at SC and at her previous coaching stop. At this point, she is not legendary. I guess we could call Kim Mulkey Legendary. 24 years as a D-1 head coach, fastest male or female coach to 600 wins and never 1 losing record to go along with 4 NCAA titles and turning a defunct LSU program into a national champion in year 2. Those are legendary stats. I'm thinking with the talent that has rolled through SC the last 7 years they should have more than 2 titles, but I regress.
She is doing ok, in the midst of a good run, looks like she can coach in the modern era, prob the most successful past ten years or so and if true she is carving her space out.

Question ?

"NegaVol" is the slander word on this site if you criticize the team..

Now on South Carolina's board do they call individuals who criticize Dawn and the team "Nega Cocks".

👆👆👆
Unfort SC women do not have a dedicated site, but to answer your question, the posters who text about WBB on the SC sites do not have that lingo going on. It’s all good, there are really only two sites dedicated to WBB, this one and the boneyard. Which is understandable given those two teams historical dominance.

Maybe not assured, but possibly Covid season cost her one championship. Last season was close, 36-1, she is pretty good at her job if we are being real. I get it, she is polarizing.

VN Store

Back