Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Syracuse is a tough team when they get after it. They are fun to watch, really like Coach Jack. The way she manages a game reminds me of my high school coach.

They overcame an 18 point deficit in the second half to beat Florida State. They really hit the glass and got aggressive in the fourth quarter and FSU couldn’t handle the physicality.

Syracuse is a tough team when they get after it. They are fun to watch, really like Coach Jack. The way she manages a game reminds me of my high school coach.

They overcame an 18 point deficit in the second half to beat Florida State. They really hit the glass and got aggressive in the fourth quarter and FSU couldn’t handle the physicality.
It was basically a repeat of the Clemson/Syracuse game from Sunday. When Syracuse actually gets going, they are a tough team to beat. I thought the Orange had a decent shot of pulling off the upset and sure enough, they did.

Kristy must have slipped the officials a fifty. It’s been bad both ways at times but the last couple minutes of that half was some of the worst officiating I’ve seen this season.
I think both of the coaches agree with you. Mulkey engaged in her usual histrionics when a call was made against LSU/for Alabama and Curry seemingly was trying to match Mulkey's performance!

Jim

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tennessee just needs to keep winning. I have said it many times and it’s now proven that this team has not come close to reaching its ceiling.
Tonight, Kaiya Wynn and Tamari Key showed that they are high caliber SEC players.
Tennessee with Vandy, Texas A&M, SC , and LSU coming to Rocky Top put themselves in the drivers seat to take control of the SEC.
GTFO. Control of the SEC? …
.. pass dat over here, yo..

Reactions: LV renaissance
Ok...she grew up in South Carolina, played her high school games in South Carolina and visited South Carolina multiple times over the years. Her dream was to play for the state school and be coached by the legend Dawn Staley . She committed and was a great player who started every game but didn't like South Carolina so she transferred to Tennessee. If that's the stupid narrative that you want to believe then so be it. Geez you two are as delusional as anyone I have ever seen. She only saw the court in a mop up role. That's the part she didn't like but you go ahead and believe what you want to believe.
What legendary stuff has dawn Staley done as a coach? Pat is a Legend, Geno is a Legend, Tara is a legend, Vivian is a legend. Dawn has a long way to go to become a legend.

I wouldn’t poke the bear. Dawn is pretty good.
No doubt about that. However winning basketball games for a short period of time doesn't create legend status. I'd need to see a 3-4 national championships, some more undefeated seasons and longevity before legendary status is attached.

Last edited:
What legendary stuff has dawn Staley done as a coach? Pat is a Legend, Geno is a Legend, Tara is a legend, Vivian is a legend. Dawn has a long way to go to become a legend.

No doubt about that. However winning basketball games for a short period of time doesn't create legend status. I'd need to see a 3-4 national championships, some undefeated seasons and a little bit of longevity before legendary status is attached.

Sports have changed… now with the media the sports landscape is in a “prisoner of the moment” era.
Everything folks see now from players, teams, coaches that is appealing in their eyes is the “next” greatest of all-time.
But what’s odd and counterproductive to the cause of the sport is very few will genuinely respect or honor the past.
It’s why right now there’s very little meaning to the sport.

Sports have changed… now with the media the sports landscape is in a “prisoner of the moment” era.
Everything folks see now from players, teams, coaches that is appealing in their eyes is the “next” greatest of all-time.
But what’s odd and counterproductive to the cause of the sport is very few will genuinely respect or honor the past.
It’s why right now there’s very little meaning to the sport.
Sure, sure….

They have become a huge factor in the ACC now five and one see if they can keep it up. First time in a while they have been at the top of the league.

VN Store

Back