Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Sports have changed… now with the media the sports landscape is in a “prisoner of the moment” era.
Everything folks see now from players, teams, coaches that is appealing in their eyes is the “next” greatest of all-time.
But what’s odd and counterproductive to the cause of the sport is very few will genuinely respect or honor the past.
It’s why right now there’s very little meaning to the sport.
Yes, sir. I'll stay off your lawn.

Retired coaches are like used cars. Five years after they retire, they are still serviceable to the media. Ten years after they retire, they are just old cars. Fifteen years after, they are junkers. At about 20 years they resurface as legendary antiques.

Pat is a legendary coach. One of the greatest of all time. But a seventeen year old recruit may barely know her name. It was the same for Joe Dimaggio when I was a kid. I knew his name but I didn't consider him with Harmon Killebrew who was belting 500 footers.

Every time UT is mentioned, Pat's name comes up. Is that a blessing or a curse to your coaches?

I gotta admit though, that big old arena with banners and relatively large crowds with pretty good number of games on TV would be appealing. But then I'm not a 17 years old girl.

Reactions: NoBackBoard

Retired coaches are like used cars. Five years after they retire, they are still serviceable to the media. Ten years after they retire, they are just old cars. Fifteen years after, they are junkers. At about 20 years they resurface as legendary antiques.

Pat is a legendary coach. One of the greatest of all time. But a seventeen year old recruit may barely know her name. It was the same for Joe Dimaggio when I was a kid. I knew his name but I didn't consider him with Harmon Killebrew who was belting 500 footers.

Every time UT is mentioned, Pat's name comes up. Is that a blessing or a curse to your coaches?

I gotta admit though, that big old arena with banners and relatively large crowds with pretty good number of games on TV would be appealing. But then I'm not a 17 years old girl.

Like I said, the High School recruits that Tennessee wants.. Tennessee gets and they all have spoken highly of the current head coach and legend Pat Summitt.

Like I said, the High School recruits that Tennessee wants.. Tennessee gets and they all have spoken highly of the current head coach and legend Pat Summitt.

I’m as big a LV fan as anyone but this is absolutely not true. We have wiffed on dozens of high schoolers the last few seasons.

I’m as big a LV fan as anyone but this is absolutely not true. We have wiffed on dozens of high schoolers the last few seasons.

Tennessee is 4-1 in the SEC with a 14 player roster as of today. Nobody cares about the classification of the players this is simple minded thinking.
Don’t be confused or stuck on what the internet and the SEC fan club on Twitter tells you.
The staff hasn’t budge once on their recruiting principles and its working successfully.
Their current HS commits won’t decommit and are all highly rated. Super elite PG Kaniya Boyd got up to #25 and shut down recruiting and camps following her TN commit.
That’s when the recruiting services dropped her rating.
KB doesn’t care at all and had other offers from Florida State, Utah, and Texas A&M to name a few.
KB is already on Rocky Top practicing, rehabbing, and will be an immediate impact player alongside elite 5-star McD All-American Talaysia Cooper next year.

Nyla Brooks and Finley Chastain are outstanding ambassadors and could also be early enrollees. Both are locks as 5-star prospects and will not decommit.
Brooks just dropped 24 pts as a junior on a prospect that this very board has praised endlessly for years.. not one word about that performance from anyone but me and a few others.
The determined lames and NVs are all but fighting a losing battle with this false and irrelevant story about HS recruiting. Every sport including the main college sport in the world football has put the transfer portal on a pedestal. No where on this message board is any relevant fan, donor, coach, teammate in college sport trying to push a narrative solely on HS recruiting.
Everyone knows the transfer portal has change sports forever. And Tennessee in the past has dominated the transfer portal as a transition to the near future in solidifying the program with the right HS players including two future Top 10 recruits and counting.
Lets GBO🍊.

Last edited:
thinking.
Don’t be confused or stuck on what the internet and the SEC fan club on Twitter tells you.
Well the internet, the "fan club" on Twitter, and most of all, the elite high school players we publically recruited, who visited, listed us in their finalists and are now playing somewhere else. Other than that Mrs Lincoln . . .

That said, I'm aware logical reasoning has no place in a "discussion" with wannabe but laughably failed trolls.

Well the internet, the "fan club" on Twitter, and most of all, the elite high school players we publically recruited, who visited, listed us in their finalists and are now playing somewhere else. Other than that Mrs Lincoln . . .

That said, I'm aware logical reasoning has no place in a "discussion" with wannabe but laughably failed trolls.

You’re trying too hard. Your insults are irrelevant as you. I know the man I am and couldn’t care less about whatever you are behind the keyboard.
You don’t matter.
You can go to all the games you want to, agree with all the irrelevant fans in the SEC fan club on Twitter you want to, Tennessee is still 4-1 in SEC play. Not because the team is being led solely by the one player on this roster that you have worshipped but by multiple leaders and a team effort of 11 4-star/5-star recruits.
Got 3 elite HS recruits and counting including the 2025 LV commit who just dropped 24 points on another HS player you and other NVs including the SEC fan club have worshipped for years but you all were quiet on that fact.
Again, nothing you ever post will move me.

Last edited:
As always, you've shifted around to portal, etc, but you said the above and that's just, well, painfully obviously so untrue it must be satire.
Not being led solely by one player that you on this roster that you have worshipped but by multiple leaders and a team effort of 11 4-star/5-star recruit
Being led on court by one player does not preclude a team effort, as we have seen. Nor rule out other leaders. But if you've been awake and alert this season and don't think the presence of one player means exactly everything to this team, I don't know what to tell you. Thats no knock on the other players and contributions and doesn't mean that one player is perfect. But the team dynamics are what they are. Not sure what other proof than games 3-9 is needed.

And I do know you'll never change your mind, or at least admit it, so have a good day.

Last edited:
You’re trying too hard. Your insults are irrelevant as you. I know the man I am and couldn’t care less about whatever you are behind the keyboard.
You don’t matter.
You can go to all the games you want to, agree with all the irrelevant fans in the SEC fan club on Twitter you want to, Tennessee is still 4-1 in SEC play. Not because the team is being led solely by the one player on this roster that you have worshipped but by multiple leaders and a team effort of 11 4-star/5-star recruits.
Got 3 elite HS recruits and counting including the 2025 LV commit who just dropped 24 points on another HS player you and other NVs including the SEC fan club have worshipped for years but you all were quiet on that fact.
Again, nothing you ever post will move me.
Tennessee is 4-0 against the bottom half of SEC and 0-1 against the top half. You get another shot at a top half team Sunday though just barely a top half team Vandy wont let you guys get away with just playing a good 3rd quarter.

Tennessee is 4-0 against the bottom half of SEC and 0-1 against the top half. You get another shot at a top half team Sunday though just barely a top half team Vandy wont let you guys get away with just playing a good 3rd quarter.

0-1 against the Top half lol.. the same top half team that got beat by Georgia?
Now I respect Georgia because on any night any team can be beaten.
See Auburn.
A team you claim is in the bottom half of the SEC that beat LSU.. I’m sure you will claim LSU is a contender if SouthCarolina beats them this weekend?
Tennessee beat Auburn.
Any SEC team Tennessee has beaten is as good as Texas A&M or Vandy.
I mean South Carolina barely beat a decent ACC team in North Carolina at full strength by 8 points so once they’re done playing bottom half SEC teams I’m sure they will take some losses. Tennessee hasn’t been full strength all year and still has 2 SEC road wins in their first 5 conference games!
Tennessee plays Texas A&M again on Rocky Top talk to me then NV.

Cry. Mississippi State isn’t bottom half…

We beat Auburn more easily then they did too. AT AUBURN.. yk where they beat LSU

WE ALSO BEAT MS ST 3/4 QUARTERS 🗣️

Who are your top half teams then? You know what 1/2 means right?

Cry. Mississippi State isn’t bottom half…

We beat Auburn more easily then they did too. AT AUBURN.. yk where they beat LSU

WE ALSO BEAT MS ST 3/4 QUARTERS 🗣️

Who are your top half teams then? You know what 1/2 means right?
Of course, there are many ways to rank teams. I'm going by Massey when I'm ranking bottom and top half. Though still subjective its pretty good measure.

Reactions: olddog

In today's world, you could be.

Va Tech had two starters go out with injury during the game. Micheaux only played 7 minutes and Amoore only played 20.

No Amoore means no Va Tech. She is totally their engine. They were up the first half but it was a different game after she went out.
Hmmm Micheaux was injured? I didn't see that info anywhere. Must be a reoccurring issue? She has played 6,7,12 and 7 minutes the last 4 games

Reactions: chuckiepoo

We are 4-1 in the SEC and beat Ole Miss and Miss. St. On the road … Ole Miss just beat LSU at Ole Miss. just Saying! Both of them are ranked 7th and 9 th in the SEC! There are 14 teams in the SEC. Which means there are 7–5… teams lower than them ! Simple math if you really care ?

Oh , by the way ..,,,, welcome to the board…
There are other South Carolina fans along with other fans from other teams ! Most get reputation's sooner or later …. You are just getting started with yours ! I wonder where you are headed with your posts ? Starting out pretty easy to see ! 😈

We are 4-1 in the SEC and beat Ole Miss and Miss. St. On the road … Ole Miss just beat LSU at Ole Miss. just Saying! Both of them are ranked 7th and 9 th in the SEC! There are 14 teams in the SEC. Which means there are 7–5… teams lower than them ! Simple math if you really care ?

Oh , by the way ..,,,, welcome to the board…
There are other South Carolina fans along with other fans from other teams ! Most get reputation's sooner or later …. You are just getting started with yours ! I wonder where you are headed with your posts ? Starting out pretty easy to see ! 😈
I think you mean Auburn? We haven’t played Ole Miss yet.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back