Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

UConn just put out a statement (on Twitter/X) from Caroline Ducharme that she is stepping away for the rest of the season to prioritize her health. Can't say I'm surprised, she's struggled a lot with head and neck injuries and those aren't easy to deal with in the best of situations, let alone competitive D1 basketball. I kind of figured she was taking the rest of the season off anyway, but it's good to see the announcement to put all the speculation to bed. She's a great player, but truthfully it became apparent after a while that her injuries were really hampering her ability to play on the court. Hopefully with a good long break she can recover completely, regardless of whether or not she decides to return to basketball next season.

UConn just put out a statement (on Twitter/X) from Caroline Ducharme that she is stepping away for the rest of the season to prioritize her health. Can't say I'm surprised, she's struggled a lot with head and neck injuries and those aren't easy to deal with in the best of situations, let alone competitive D1 basketball. I kind of figured she was taking the rest of the season off anyway, but it's good to see the announcement to put all the speculation to bed. She's a great player, but truthfully it became apparent after a while that her injuries were really hampering her ability to play on the court. Hopefully with a good long break she can recover completely, regardless of whether or not she decides to return to basketball next season.
1706049404569.png

Prayers up for Caroline, and Godspeed for a complete recovery.

Florida Gators signed 2 McDonald's All-Americans..🤷
Holly had 10 and still got 8th in the SEC. Clemson has back to back and are still at the bottom of the ACC. Oregon has multiple and they suck. And so on and so on yada yada

Ofc their are plenty of great mcdaa players but it’s not a shoe in to success

Look at Oldacre for Miami or Del Rosario rn for LSU. Or worse the guard from bell buckle that went there Velez. No way should she have been one. I saw her live in highschool

Couldn’t sleep last night in anticipation….
I'm starting to get a little antsy the closer we get to Thursday but I didn't expect it to be this way. I mean seriously a lot of SC fans (including myself) thought there would be a significant drop-off after the entire starting 5 graduated off last year's final 4 team.

But here we are, somehow being the last remaining unbeaten team in the country sitting atop the polls & now having to go to LSU in a hostile environment & show they are still the best team in the SEC. Almost nobody could have seen this type of scenario before the season started.

Besides the 1st time they made the final 4 with Tiffany Mitchell & company, in my opinion if Dawn can get this group back to the final 4 this year, it will have been her greatest coaching job to date at SC.

Thank goodness and about time. I'm tempted to say clearer heads prevailed but that would be a bad pun. Good luck to Caroline.

I'm starting to get a little antsy the closer we get to Thursday but I didn't expect it to be this way. I mean seriously a lot of SC fans (including myself) thought there would be a significant drop-off after the entire starting 5 graduated off last year's final 4 team.

But here we are, somehow being the last remaining unbeaten team in the country sitting atop the polls & now having to go to LSU in a hostile environment & show they are still the best team in the SEC. Almost nobody could have seen this type of scenario before the season started.

Besides the 1st time they made the final 4 with Tiffany Mitchell & company, in my opinion if Dawn can get this group back to the final 4 this year, it will have been her greatest coaching job to date at SC.
SC win back double digits

Reactions: Lucy
Don't discount being a member of the strongest conference in our country. As the lady says, "it just means more".
You might have a hard time validating 'strongest conference' claim by checking the conference representation in the AP Top 24 (ACC - 8, PAC-12 6, Big-12 3, SEC 2, Big-10 2, BE 2, MW 1)

Colorado whooped LSU by 14 points in week one. Would beat them the same way today if they played again.

If South Carolina can’t beat LSU by atleast 20 we already know they eventually going to fold. LSU ain’t the real deal...
See the Auburn game..

You might have a hard time validating 'strongest conference' claim by checking the conference representation in the AP Top 24 (ACC - 8, PAC-12 6, Big-12 3, SEC 2, Big-10 2, BE 2, MW 1)
Yeah that's kind of shocking just having the top 2 in the Top 25. But the last few years it seems like the SEC comes off strongest late in the year, esp in the tourney. Maybe beating each other up all winter really does pay off.

Where have the last two NCAA champions come from? Which conference had the most sweet 16, elite 8 and final four teams last season? (Hint....it wasn't the Big (L)East). You need to recheck your B1G numbers btw.....

Colorado whooped LSU by 14 points in week one. Would beat them the same way today if they played again.

If South Carolina can’t beat LSU by atleast 20 we already know they eventually going to fold. LSU ain’t the real deal...
See the Auburn game..
Since you have said countless times UT is the real deal and are now saying LSU "ain't" the real deal, how badly will UT beat LSU in TBA this season?

I guess she would be eligible for that afterall. So guess we'll see where she ends up. Forgot they did that for portal transfers just makes me upset that Cooper is not eligible because she didn't portal fast enough.
SOuth Carolina had not start official team practices for the season.?
Cooper couldn't have told Tennessee South CAROLINA plays.
But if let them transfer portal late could mess with the team a player is transfer out of that Team.
Got to have a cut off date.
Maybe give a player a month to decide if they beat cutoff date by entering portal late. One Month pass entering portal.

VN Store

Back