Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Knox, you seeing it a low scoring game like that? I was thinking in the 70’s, close to your thoughts I suppose. Both teams average over 90, but this game likely won’t see either team close to that number.
I agree I still see possessions being high. Probably the team who hits 80 wins

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Reese was exhausted in the Americup you could tell. Kamilla barely* played for USC behind Boston.

I think Reese will get her 20 rebounds Kamilla will probably out score but idk she seems to be passive at times.

If anything Flaujae will be the separator for LSU. If she has a bad game it’s over.

Another X factor is can Del Rosario help at all with Kamilla

Fun fact: LSU wbb hasn't beaten South Carolina in 12 years. Twelve!
I can’t stand Mulkey (and apologies to the SC fans in here!) but I wouldn’t mind seeing LSU get the upset … just because I don’t want to see SC stay undefeated.

Then again, maybe SC would use a loss to reset and then go on a tear and blow through the tournament to win a Natty with ease …

Can they both lose? 😇

You absolutely cannot convince me the Big 12 is the second best conference in the country. Texas is the only team that passed the eye test for me and that was before Harmon went out.

Just don’t think any of them are that great. All of them played really weak ooc schedules which boosted them in the Net. By mid February I would expect it to go.

PAC 12
SEC
ACC
Big 10
Big 12
The Big 12 also got a boost in the Net form early ooc victories like Texas defeating UConn, Kansas St. defeating Iowa, and Baylor defeating Colorado. I still don't see any of those Big 12 teams making the Elite 8.

Easy money Thursday!

Reese was exhausted in the Americup you could tell. Kamilla barely* played for USC behind Boston.
If Angel was "exhausted" it wasn't from basketball activities. This was months after the season. She was just out of shape, lazy, and didn't give a shi*t about repping her country. She was awful the whole tourney, and to her credit, said so. So did Kim; she said she was worried about AR and FJ's lack of bball work while they raked in NIL cash over the summer. I believe this whole episode is what led to AR's early season run in w Mulkey. Truthfully AR was only still starting in Mexico at this point bc of who she was and bc Kami Etheridge had no balls. Kamilla, sharp, motivated and in great shape, basically ate AR's lunch and threw up in the bag.

OTOH, the player who had reason to be exhausted was RIckea. She and Jewel literally got off the plane from Europe and on the plane to Mexico. And yet, note the very first words on this Twitter clip are "At this point you just give the ball to RIckea Jackson and let her operate." And operate she did, carried the team the whole tourney. This is why RJ is probably a lottery pick and AR is late first round at best.

IMO AR comes back next year and having learned a hard, embarrassing lesson last summer, and looking at the 25 W draft, will work harder to develop her offensive game.

I expect AR to be much better against Kamilla tonight. Better shape, more motivated and better supporting cast.. I still think KC is a more skilled post player.

I wish both could lose, but I think SC's depth is too much and they win by about 10 or 12.

Last edited:
The Big 12 also got a boost in the Net form early ooc victories like Texas defeating UConn, Kansas St. defeating Iowa, and Baylor defeating Colorado. I still don't see any of those Big 12 teams making the Elite 8.

I agree, I’m still shocked Baylor beat Colorado. They were playing much better earlier in the season. They definitely have something internal going on affecting on court chemistry.

Texas would be a different beast with Harmon. They categorically do NOT have a point guard at the moment. With Harmon they are a Final Four team without they are second round maybe Sweet 16 imo.

KState and Iowa have had a little rivalry the last few seasons. So much so that they had a home and home this season and split victories with each team losing on their home floor. (Correction second game was neutral court).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back