Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

SOuth Carolina had not start official team practices for the season.?
Cooper couldn't have told Tennessee South CAROLINA plays.
But if let them transfer portal late could mess with the team a player is transfer out of that Team.
Got to have a cut off date.
Maybe give a player a month to decide if they beat cutoff date by entering portal late. One Month pass entering portal.
The problem was not that they had a cut off date, but that they could not honor it. Judge reopened portal and allowed players that had already transferred within the portal time frame a chance to transfer again. They were already with a team and knew all the plays yet they were allowed to go to another team. Players like Cooper and Wolfenbarger did not qualify cause they hadn't gotten in the portal during the time frame. I still don't think it is fair to let players transfer again and be eligible in the middle of a season, but since they did it should've been reopened for everyone whether they were in the portal cutoff dates or not. Why restrict them if you are going to allow some players to transfer twice in the same season and still be eligible.

Colorado whooped LSU by 14 points in week one. Would beat them the same way today if they played again.

If South Carolina can’t beat LSU by atleast 20 we already know they eventually going to fold. LSU ain’t the real deal...
See the Auburn game..

If SC loses to LSU it might be a blessing in disguise. The pressure of an undefeated season last year may have cost them in the final four. Always the hunted rather than being a member of the pack means you get everyone's best game.

You absolutely cannot convince me the Big 12 is the second best conference in the country. Texas is the only team that passed the eye test for me and that was before Harmon went out.

Just don’t think any of them are that great. All of them played really weak ooc schedules which boosted them in the Net. By mid February I would expect it to go.

PAC 12
SEC
ACC
Big 10
Big 12

Reactions: VolFuture
Can you even imagine what costume KM will show up for on a nationally televised gameday telecast? I guarantee it will be loud and include some dead bird feathers or rhinestones 🤣

As for the game, it’s not lost on me that LSU leads the nation by a huge margin in FT attempts per game (over 600) and FT’s made per game (over 22). SC meanwhile has attempted about 300 and only makes about 12 per game. This is a troublesome stat, esp for a road team entering a tiger’s den of emotion, doubly so for any team that shoots FT’s as poorly as SC. I agree with the media that their home court environment is likely worth 8-10 points, and if the FT’s also slant heavy to LSU it will be a mountain to climb.

I’m of the mind the LSU starters will have to work hard to stay out of foul trouble at every position, their bench is non producing. As a SC fan, I hope we have a plan to attack them in the paint to draw early fouls. Hopefully the officiating is evenly called in this game.

Last edited:
It’s crazy what tickets are selling for to attend this game in BR, likely gonna draw a big TV audience as well. Not a game for either team to pull a no show. I expect both to be ready, and a game that goes down to the wire. I really don’t have a feel either way on who will win tbh. Hoping the SC bench is the difference in this one, I could see Fulwiley doing well under the lights, that’s her makeup.

It’s crazy what tickets are selling for to attend this game in BR, likely gonna draw a big TV audience as well. Not a game for either team to pull a no show. I expect both to be ready, and a game that goes down to the wire. I really don’t have a feel either way on who will win tbh. Hoping the SC bench is the difference in this one, I could see Fulwiley doing well under the lights, that’s her makeup.
Rooster you’re better than me! I’d be on Twitter talking major ****! Lmao I long for the days when we’ll be competitive again and I won’t have to just sit back and stfu on Twitter! 😂

“We’re about to mop the floor with y’all asses”
“No competition”
“NEXT” 😂😂😂

I honestly don’t see why you’re so nervous, LSU has a good team, but South Carolina is really good this year and LSU’s depth just isn’t there to sustain the pressure South Carolina can put on them at all positions.

For Tennessee’s sake, I hope you all lose so we can be tied for 1st, and we can feel what it’s like for a little bit, though it won’t be for long! 😂

Seriously, the environment will be electric and will make for great television, but I really feel deep down, Dawn and her girls are not coming to play with LSU tomorrow night!!

Rooster you’re better than me! I’d be on Twitter talking major ****! Lmao I long for the days when we’ll be competitive again and I won’t have to just sit back and stfu on Twitter! 😂

“We’re about to mop the floor with y’all asses”
“No competition”
“NEXT” 😂😂😂

I honestly don’t see why you’re so nervous, LSU has a good team, but South Carolina is really good this year and LSU’s depth just isn’t there to sustain the pressure South Carolina can put on them at all positions.

For Tennessee’s sake, I hope you all lose so we can be tied for 1st, and we can feel what it’s like for a little bit, though it won’t be for long! 😂

Seriously, the environment will be electric and will make for great television, but I really feel deep down, Dawn and her girls are not coming to play with LSU tomorrow night!!
Will be same story for LV’s when LSU comes to Knoxville, have to keep them off the offensive glass and limit their FT’s, they score more than any team from the FT line, by a very large margin. It’s a huge part of their offense tbh.

I‘ve never been on Twitter, prob never will, can’t see it. Not on any other social media sites except a few WBB boards, that’s enough for me. I’ve seen reposts on here of some of the trash going on in Twitter/X, and I want nothing to do with any of it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back