Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Hildago score 27 against UCONN here with 7 mins left in the game or no?
And because Miles is out. I'll bet HH wouldn't have the feature role if Miles was around. So alot is about circumstance.

HH certainly has stepped up to the role, she's been ridiculous tonight. Outplaying PB big time right now. How is she getting to rim so easily at 5'6"? Looks like Ice Brady is struggling at rim protection.

And because Miles is out. I'll bet HH wouldn't have the feature role if Miles was around. So alot is about circumstance.

HH certainly has stepped up to the role, she's been ridiculous tonight. Outplaying PB big time right now. How is she getting to rim so easily at 5'6"? Looks like Ice Brady is struggling at rim protection.
Driving and not stopping. How is UCONN not doubling her up early when she drives right. She loves taking the ball inside or middle zone

Reactions: knoxvol52
Notre Dame up by 10, looks like a upset a brewing..

Caitlin Clark next week ...

Irish putting the foot on the throat . Game over..

Damn, Edwards, who has bursts of nastiness, drives an ND player all the way thru the UConn bench away fm the ball. Meanwhile, on the other end, HH hits yet another lay up!

Now Citron w the and 1 and this is OVER! 81-67 on alumni night w every stinkin one of em looking on! YEAH!!!

These have been great games to watch this week.

Ugh, as a UConn fan that one was painful. I knew ND would ball out today, because they always show up to play UConn tough, but I really expected a win. We had zero answers for Hidalgo. Our upperclass (besides Edwards) played terribly. Just so many stupid mistakes. And don't even get me started on our atrocious defense. I could have driven into the lane and scored! :rolleyes: Nothing to do except accept we don't belong in the top 5, maybe not even the top 10. We haven't been able to win the big games yet. I wasn't looking forward to the game against SC anyway, but now I'm dreading it.

Last edited:
don't even get me started on our atrocious defense. I could have driven into the lane and scored! :rolleyes: Nothing to except we don't belong in the top 5, maybe not even the top 10. We haven't been able to win the big games yet. I wasn't looking forward to the game against SC anyway, but now I'm dreading it.
Aww, chin up. Us LV fans could have written every word of that.

Muhl fouling out, on a silly foul, seemed to be a turning point.

It does make sense though. The number one team by a mile that goes at least 11 deep over almost every other team in the country. If I was a top 20 player buried on the bench I’d choose to go to another team and be a number 1 option as well.
Or you really wanted to go to tennessee in the first place but felt pressure to stay at home and then ended up with a coach that you don’t like and plays favorites. That makes sense too.

Aww, chin up. Us LV fans could have written every word of that.

Muhl fouling out, on a silly foul, seemed to be a turning point.
Thanks. Tough not to feel down about it but I guess it's just how things go. Muhl played terribly tonight. 0 points. Once she fouled out I just knew we were going to lose. Geno got out coached, too; no answers for Hidalgo. Thought the officiating was trash but we should have adapted. No excuses. Just a lot of question marks now and I hope there's a lot of soul-searching because yikes.

Thanks. Tough not to feel down about it but I guess it's just how things go. Muhl played terribly tonight. 0 points. Once she fouled out I just knew we were going to lose. Geno got out coached, too; no answers for Hidalgo. Thought the officiating was trash but we should have adapted. No excuses. Just a lot of question marks now and I hope there's a lot of soul-searching because yikes.
It's just tough to keep overcoming all those injuries. We just had the one biggie and it devastated our season. I guess we were lucky it was early and wasn't season ending.

UConn is so dependent on freshmen now. Brady was not ready for the moment.

It's just tough to keep overcoming all those injuries. We just had the one biggie and it devastated our season. I guess we were lucky it was early and wasn't season ending.

UConn is so dependent on freshmen now. Brady was not ready for the moment.
I'd submit we had TWO biggie injuries that altered our season: Tamari and Rickea.

I think you and I agreed before the season that having a healthy Tamari patrolling the paint was going to mean EVERYthing. She'd alter opponents' offenses, and on our offense, having her down low would give everyone else more advantages.

Even though Key is just now beginning to show glimpses of her old self, she has already improved the team's chances of winning bigger games. And Rickea is probably only at around 75% to my eye. Those two biggies have greatly affected every aspect of the team. Thank goodness they're both making steady progress. Hopefully by SEC Tourney time they'll both be clicking at full potential. Gosh. That would be something.

VN Store

Back