Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I think you need to be a little extra cautious before posting such "jokes" when you are a guest on a rival board. Maybe don't do it all, just to be safe and, also, not look like a jerk.

People who say mean, hateful or rude things and then immediately follow up with, "Just kidding!" are still a-holes. Just sayin.'
Just use the blue font. That's what its for. And never overestimate the average IQ of us fan board posters.

Reactions: brittannica
I suspect many people don't even know how to create blue text, so IMO it just makes more sense to not post fiction that folks can mistake for fact.

They weren’t joking… every since during a game earlier this season when the game commentators talked about how T.Coop looked during practice sessions/warm-ups and some fans including myself discussed it this has been going on.

Nobody said a single word about SC or at their fans on this forum.

It’s been aided by Tennessee fans that nitpick.. name call… throw out childish insults towards other LV fans that are speaking up for the players and team constantly because they are sensitive due to the fact that they can’t dictate what is being posted.

I think you need to be a little extra cautious before posting such "jokes" when you are a guest on a rival board. Maybe don't do it all, just to be safe and, also, not look like a jerk.

People who say mean, hateful or rude things and then immediately follow up with, "Just kidding!" are still a-holes. Just sayin.'
I actually said I was "having a little fun"....but I have been a member here for 16 years and I have never been an a-hole. Just saying....The things I said were not hateful or rude so the "just kidding" doesn't fit your narrative of being rude or hateful. It was a dig at WC but I thought everyone would catch it. I guess they didn't. Cooper is a good player and will be a good addition. That's all that really matters.

Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98
I actually said I was "having a little fun"....but I have been a member here for 16 years and I have never been an a-hole. Just saying....The things I said were not hateful or rude so the "just kidding" doesn't fit your narrative of being rude or hateful. It was a dig at WC but I thought everyone would catch it. I guess they didn't. Cooper is a good player and will be a good addition. That's all that really matters.
Thank you. LOL never underestimate the power of us internet fan forum warriors to totally miss the point. Espec when the discussion gets so convuluted because the resident whack job has everyone confused.

Good. Felt amazing hearing it from a habitual liar and lame👆.
Like I said....I have been here for 16 years. You have been here a few months. I am sure everyone on this board has figured out who the real problem has become. You're actually considered a joke by your own fans on here. That should tell you all you need to know.....but it won't. Have a nice day.....or not.

I didn't actually mean that your post was mean or hateful. I was just comparing it to another common type of posting that people do in which they also say "just kidding" and maybe they should just have never said it. And, of course, some people very much DO mean what they say but then come back with "just kidding."

Ugh.

Yes, that was the story. Changed her mind after a phone call on a plane or something?

I'd like to point out that the Magical Time Out Geno took early in that run failed miserably. 26-5 run. Paige on the bench much of that time, held to just 4 pts so far.
Actually that was Ashlyn Shade who plays for Uconn

Like I said....I have been here for 16 years. You have been here a few months. I am sure everyone on this board has figured out who the real problem has become. You're actually considered a joke by your own fans on here. That should tell you all you need to know.....but it won't. Have a nice day.....or not.
.... Nevermind..

Anyone need a dose of perspective this morning? Close is incredibly emotional in the presser after UCLA lost to Wash St. Clear to see something quite serious is going on w Lauren Betts, who is out for "undisclosed medical issues". Kudos to a very mature Kiki Rice who stepped in when Close was unable to get the words out. In a year of hideous injury, this may be the worst yet. Prayers for Lauren and the UCLA team. This does not look good.

Last edited:
Anyone need a dose of perspective this morning? Close is incredibly emotional in the presser after UCLA lost to Wash St. Clear to see something quite serious is going on w Lauren Betts, who is out for "undisclosed medical issues". Kudos to a very mature Kiki Rice who stepped in when Close was unable to get the words out. In a year of hideous injury, this may be the worst yet. Prayers for Lauren and the UCLA team. This does not look good.
It must be something very serious. I pray Betts is alright and can recover quickly from whatever medical issues she's dealing with.

Does anyone understand the NET formula, I am asking because I just cannot understand how Utah is ranked #6 ahead of so many better programs to date. What has Utah done this season that makes this NET ranking system favor them so much? Close losses maybe?

DI Women's Basketball Rankings - NCAA Women's Basketball NET Rankings | NCAA.com

Margin of victory helped them a lot early in the Net rankings. Most of their wins are by 20+ points. (Several by 30-40+)

They only have one big time loss and that was their most recent game against Oregon State.

Beat USC and UCLA back to back.

So while their record is a little all over the place they have some really big wins, some very large margin of victory wins and no bad losses.

Their worst loss was a 7 point loss to Baylor on the road early in the season. At that time Baylor was playing a lot better.

They did lose a game to Arizona who they should not have lost to, but it was a 1 point loss in OT on the road. That one isn’t going to hurt you much the way the next is designed.

Just goes to show how important it is to win a couple big ones and to win all the games you’re supposed to.

Last edited:
Margin of victory helped them a lot early in the Net rankings. Most of their wins are by 20+ points.

The only have one big time loss and that was their most recent game against Oregon State.

Beat USC and UCLA back to back.

So while their record is a little all over the place they have some really big wins, some very large margin of victory wins and no bad losses.

Their worst loss was a 7 point loss to Baylor on the road early in the season. At that time Baylor was playing a lot better.

They did lose a game to Arizona who they should not have lost to, but it was a 1 point loss in OT on the road. That one isn’t going to hurt you much the way the next is designed.

Just goes to show how important it is to win a couple big ones and to win all the games you’re supposed to.
Thx 09

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You are such an idiot. I said nothing about her talent, and all I said was that if she did say that than she put extra pressure on herself. And what does UConns freshmen have to do with it? The ARE freshmen, and they are trying to figure it out, but they will be excellent players very soon, and we will have them 3 more years. I will take them over Cooper any day, especially since we recruited them to fit into the program, but you wouldn't know anything about that since recruiting to you is getting someone else's castoffs from the portal because your staff doesn't know how to recruit.
i’d take rickea jackson, “some else’s castoff,” over anyone in women’s college basketball right now. you can successfully fill a team with portal pick ups. it’s part of the game now. ITS RECRUITING.

VN Store

Back