Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Damn, LSU WBB lost 7.8 million dollars last year.

The new TV contract will help WBB going fwd, it has more money, but it still bundles WBB with the other non revenue sports this go around and until they get their own deal like MBB where they can reap the rewards of their tourney and regular season TV viewership it will still be a struggle at most schools for WBB.

Damn, LSU WBB lost 7.8 million dollars last year.

The new TV contract will help WBB going fwd, it has more money, but it still bundles WBB with the other non revenue sports this go around and until they get their own deal like MBB where they can reap the rewards of their tourney and regular season TV viewership it will still be a struggle at most schools for WBB.
Which may actually work to the LVs advantage.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Mulkey makes around 3.2 million if I am not mistaken. Geno is second at 2.9m. Dawn is around 2.7m. That article said Mulkey and her staff made 4.4m, so her staff is earning around 1.2m I suppose, not sure how that compares with other programs, I don’t have any of those figures.

But that article also says LSU WBB had a little over 2m in revenues. That is just wrong. They won a NC and were part of a NC game (let alone all the other NCAA games) that had over 10 m viewers, imagine the ad revenue the TV providers made off of that game and the tourney in total with record breaking viewership. WBB needs its own NCAA/TV deal separate from other non revenue sports and one which rewards them for the growth in the sport, others are making $ off these ladies and the schools are footing the bill. MBB has its own deal, it’s time now for WBB to also.

No their deal should not be anywhere near the MBB deal, March madness for MBB trumps them by a large margin, but if the ladies were given their own separate deal commiserate with their own TV ratings, it would pay them what they are worth finally. And it would help Universities that place an emphasis on the sport. This last contract just signed helped a little, but until they unbundle WBB with the other non revenue sports it won’t make a big difference. It’s time. Just a few nights ago WBB outdrew the NBA for a weeknight telecast. Let that sink in.

Last edited:
I sometimes get into it with the two Uconn posters on this site, @NeedOrange and @StorrsCentral , but tbh I have much respect for their coach, program and history. I think it is just sad that their school is not in a P5 conference for MBB or WBB, though I understand it’s all FB related. Their school just never figured out early enough that CFB drives revenue.

But like UT, Uconn is responsible for the game of WBB being where it is today and Uconn seems destined to never see the revenue from being in a true P5/P4 conference. It will erode their competitiveness over time as other schools bring in 30-40 million per year more than they can get. After Geno, Uconn may slide into mediocrity. A worthy NCAA TV deal for WBB would help this situation for schools like UConn that have done so much for the sport and continue to emphasize the game of WBB. Way past time to financially reward WBB teams that get to the tourney and draw viewership like they do in MBB. UT and Uconn still draw huge for TV ratings as they should. Now that the rest of the nation is catching up, the sport as a whole is stronger and more viable, it deserves its own TV contract.

I for one want a program like Uconn to always be at the forefront, they have earned it. Just don’t let them beat my Gamecocks 🤪

Last edited:
I understand Tennessee is coming off a disheartening loss, still yet Winner Circle should post the SEC Power Rankings ..

Before trying to be funny.. first make sense “still yet” 👇

Disheartening? You sick in the head if you think a sport had me losing any sleep.
Spear proved my point. Twitter is in a frenzy. Tennessee dominated the portal. Spear comeback for Part 2? Talayasia Cooper 2024 get back? We up the scoe goofy!
Lets GBO🍊

Get this through your head NVs, watching any sport win, lose, or draw is first a blessing and second recreation to me.

Sitting behind a keyboard thinking you and these group of lames posts on a forum actually carries weight is what I get a thrill out of… I’m one of one in real life.

Disheartening? You sick in the head if you think a sport had me losing any sleep.
Spear proved my point. Twitter is in a frenzy. Tennessee dominated the portal. Spear comeback for Part 2? Talayasia Cooper 2024 get back? We up the scoe goofy!
Lets GBO🍊

Get this through your head NVs, watching any sport win, lose, or draw is first a blessing and second recreation to me.

Sitting behind a keyboard thinking you and these group of lames posts on a forum actually carries weight is what I get a thrill out of… I’m one of one in real life.
Relax sweetie,you're high strung.

Don't worry about my post BTW there's a option called IGNORE use it if you don't like to see my lame post..

I

Last edited:

Lets GBO🍊

WC, peace and love man. I know you love your team as we all do. I’m rooting for the game of WBB, it’s growing and hopefully those in charge will soon reward WBB programs financially that are making a commitment to the sport like they do in MBB.

No negative waves between us anymore man…(Oddball)(Kellie’s Heroes)….promise. “ Nobody said nothing bout locking horns with no Tigers man”.

VN Store

Back